PDA

View Full Version : Favourite FFVI Songs

Tokki Wartooth
10-19-2002, 04:31 AM
I really like Forever Rachel (at, least, I think that's what it's called >.O), and the Opera theme...if only I could find it on KaZaA. TT.TT

mog42
10-19-2002, 05:05 AM
I like most of the songs on the sound track, so I won't name all of the ones I liked. FF6 definitely has the best video game sound track ever.

By the way, if you want FF6 songs, get them from the spc archive at zophar's domain. The whole sound track is there. www.zophar.net/zsnes/spc

Angered Roach
10-19-2002, 05:12 AM
Methinks this belongs in the FFMusic forum.

This one definitely had my favorite battle themes.

Dancing Mad was probably my favorite though.

Vegeta
10-21-2002, 10:38 AM
I liked that Atma Weapon Theme Song Whatever..

Edgar
10-21-2002, 12:29 PM
i liked all of them. :) Even '???' (i find it creative) and devil's lab. ALL OF THEM!!!!

The Man
10-21-2002, 04:17 PM
I can't think of a single thing official Square release bearing the name "Final Fantasy VI" that I dislike, and that includes every song on the game's soundtrack, but my favourites have no doubt got to include "The Decisive Battle," "Tina" (especially "Wanderer of Time," the orchestrated and vocalised version of the theme on Final Fantasy Pray), "Coin Song," the entire opera, "Emperor Ghastla," "The Fierce Battle," "Searching for Friends," "Dancing Mad," and the ending theme. All the songs on the OSV are great fun though, so picking favourites is almost an exercise in futility.

I back up mog42's recommendation of Zophar's Domain's SPC archive. It's also good to see him posting again.

Peace
Aaron

DelightfulSpekkio442
10-21-2002, 05:11 PM
The best way to enjoy FFVI's beautiful score is to play it yourself. If you play any instrument (especially piano) I recommend you get as much of the sheet music as you can, particularly the longer songs.

~MJE~

Ethereal
10-22-2002, 12:12 AM
The Fierce Battle, Dancing Mad, and Searching for Friends come to mind.

Invincible
10-22-2002, 01:38 AM
Definitely Terra's Theme - it's one of my favorite songs of all time.

CloudDragon
10-22-2002, 02:09 AM
The Ending, The Fierce Battle, Relm's Theme, Terra's Theme, Mog's Theme, & Dancing Mad.

Warmech
10-25-2002, 02:27 PM
Mog's theme, Narshe in WOR and the Veldt theme I adore.
And of course the prelude, but that's because it's from FF1 and I think that has the best video game music ever.

chionos
10-26-2002, 07:17 AM
The piano version of Tina's theme is probably just about my favorite song ever to play on the piano. i also love celes's theme and cefka's theme.

Svart Nimbus
10-26-2002, 04:49 PM
Forever Rachel, Atma Weapon, Full (Final?) Kefka and the Opera House :)

Hatu
11-16-2002, 10:54 PM
That song when you are walking at the world map.

DocFrance
11-17-2002, 12:24 AM
My favorites would be Celes' Theme (just as she jumps off the cliff - *sniff* damn allergies! :D ) and the Crystal Theme - you know, the one that's in every single FF, along with the melody that was introduced with FF4 - anyway, I like FF6's Crystal Theme because the melody sort of sounds like bagpipes - I like that.

Jowy
11-17-2002, 01:40 AM
I liked Relm's Theme a lot. Same with Grand Finale? (Ultros battle at the Opera House), Dancing Mad, and Last Dungeon. Relm's Theme is still my favorite track though.

Ugtroll
11-17-2002, 03:55 AM
I love all the songs. But i especially like the Opera theme and "Dancing Mad" as well as "Chocobo Bop"

Eternal Sphere
11-17-2002, 05:08 AM
The two overworld themes have been stuck in my head recently. It almost makes me want to play the game again. :p

Strider
11-20-2002, 08:33 AM
Okay, I went to that zophar.net site to get the songs, yeah? And, ah, my computer doesn't want to seem to play them! I had to download some useless archiver for heaven knows what reason. . . (disgusted sigh)

:mad:

If anyone could help me out, I've got the songs on my computer already, I just want to know how to play them. Thanks a lot!

P.S. Forever Rachel and Devil's Lab have to best among the best songs on the soundtrack.

Shadow Jack
12-01-2002, 05:46 AM
Mine are probably the Doma and figaro themes (i think tthey are Cyans and Edgars but o well).
They are just too good.
CYa, JAck

bennator
12-01-2002, 10:07 PM
If I had to name just one, it would be Celes's theme.

kefkaphobia
12-09-2002, 03:30 AM
Figaro Theme is definatley one of the best on the soundtrack...I also like the first save-terra theme. Kefka's theme, Kefka's town and Magitek Labs/Devils Lab are good ones too. Gogo's theme is pretty spiffy.

DWARKYZIDEZ
12-13-2002, 11:14 PM
I like Celes' theme.It touches my emotions.I love it,ALOT.:love:

CaoDarl
01-10-2003, 03:25 AM
The opera theme is the absolute best. Followed closely by the Collosium music.

nova
01-10-2003, 04:47 AM
i would say that my favorites are mogs theme, the chocobo song and and final battle.

lady genjustsu
02-03-2003, 02:59 AM
celes' theme, deffinately!

Nemesis the Warlock
02-03-2003, 11:20 AM
"Deffinately"? This word always gets misspelled on this board, but this is the most creative way so far. :D

My favourite tunes in FFVI are the song that plays in the Veldt, and Celes' theme.

The Man
02-04-2003, 06:47 PM
Indeed, even after kishi's announcement people still misspell that word.

I've finally made up my mind that "Dancing Mad" is the best track in the game.

Mageta
02-20-2003, 07:16 AM
Forever Rachel, Awakening, and the Coin Song are my favorite songs from FF6. They're all amazing. I agree with most of the people on this thread: FF6 has the greatest soundtrack of any video game (although FF7 is close).

Chrisrj
04-09-2003, 11:26 PM
Locke's theme is really heroic(almost reminds me of Top Gun), that's why I love it!
Coin Song, Figaro, Cayenne, Shadow, Gau, The Snake Path, Relm, Setzer, Epitaph, Narshe, Mt. Coltz, Another World of Beasts, and Last Dungeon. Those are all very great:)
Of course, I have to mention Celes, Forever Rachel, Kefka & Terra.

Grrr, TOO MANY TO MENTION! AAIEEEE!!!!

I have the sheet music, and my bro got me the sdtk. He likes Slam Shuffle(the Zozo music).

Book
05-15-2003, 09:11 PM
I like the opera song the most. Played the scene over and over again in an attamp to write down the lyrics (yes I can do this yet I am to lazy to seach it up on the net), I got the first part and now it's one of my favorite songs ever :)

RydiaOfMist
05-18-2003, 03:10 AM
My personal favorites are:

Relm's Theme
Terra's Theme
Gau's Theme
Ending Theme (it is just so incredible)
and even if it was never released officially, i absolutely adore the PSX Opening FMV to the remake of FFVI.

FF~FinalFreak
06-06-2003, 07:50 PM
Most definitely the opera song! It was good, but i also like Terra's main theme and Gau's because theyre both good! Isnt Nobuo Uematsu great? XD

Flying Mullet
06-06-2003, 08:38 PM
The opera song definitely was good, but one of my favorites was the Magitek factory song. I hadn't heard anything like it and it really had an original/fresh sound that I enjoyed.

Harlemoonbeams
06-07-2003, 01:51 AM
Dark World theme

Lost Heretic
06-07-2003, 03:36 AM
I really do seem to like the alternate version of the Main Theme when the magitek armor are marching towards Narshe (Opening Credits) I like the main theme, the alternate version seems more smoothed and detailed.

Also, the veldt theme is kinda cool to here, from time to time.

Please not that I'm refering to the original FF3 American, it may be different in the japanese one and the PSX rehash.

FF~FinalFreak
06-15-2003, 03:55 AM
Oh i also forgot to include the Coin Song! Its so nice on the piano! YEAH! Uematsu-san rox!

Reine
06-17-2003, 05:31 AM
I would have to say Dancing Mad (Kekfa laughung in the background is pretty funny, he laughed after Ultima, then he disintegrated!), Terras theme
, Opening Theme #3, Fierce Battle, Decisive Battle, Searching for Friends and New Continent

-N-
07-06-2003, 09:39 PM
Am I in the minority when I say I have misgivings about FFVI Grand Finale? I really think some songs could have been orchestrated better and some other songs that weren't orchestrated at all could have been. Setzer's theme for example. You could really make a "Grand Finale" out of his theme! *imagines for the thousandth time*

Anyways, almost all the variations on Tina's theme are excellent. I agree with the opening theme / credits as well. Learning to play the Piano Collections version was awesome, and I even created a few variations of my own. The Decisive Battle is another awesome battle piece (makes up for the crappy regular battle music - a trumpet solo just isn't commanding) and it's really funny to play the Piano Collections version of it. The OSV as a whole is well balanced and a fine piece of work - it just needs to be massively orchestrated. (Imagine the Magitek theme with an 88-piece!)

Behold the Void
07-19-2003, 08:35 AM
FFIII/VI's score is just too good to pick a few favorites. Anyway, where can you find sheet music? I would love to play those on piano and flute (not that I haven't figured out a good number of them already)

Big D
07-19-2003, 02:13 PM
www.nobuouematsu.com

HUGE amounts of FF sheet music, for many instruments. Arnold Morrison's arrangements are generally pretty good.:)

Behold the Void
07-19-2003, 06:29 PM
Thanks

Wightraven
07-21-2003, 02:14 AM
Dancing Mad, fo'shizzle.

Failing that, Kefka's individual theme is loverly.

Big D
07-21-2003, 04:42 AM
The ending FMV from the PSX re-release had absolutely beautiful music, in my opinion.

Grand Finale, while nice, generally wasn't up to the standard of Shiro Hamaguchi's orchestrations from the later games.

nova
07-21-2003, 10:44 AM
the decisive battle music by tsuyoshi sekito is just awesome.

Atma Weapon
07-22-2003, 07:46 AM
Terra's theme and the sealed gate theme are the best. I HIGHLY reccomend remix.overclocked.org for some really good game music remixes, especially the FF remixes.

Celes
08-01-2003, 08:55 AM
My favorite songs were Devil's Lab, Terra's theme, the Zozo music and Locke's theme. For some reason Locke's theme always inspires me every time I hear it. And Sabin's theme music is good, surprisingly sweet and emotional.

Outsider
08-05-2003, 05:42 AM
My favorite is Shadow's theme... It's so full of sorrow, I love it. And Kefka's theme would be a close second.
But the game is full of great songs... It's really hard to choose