PDA

View Full Version : .mpeg?

Zell's Fists of Fury
10-19-2002, 08:18 AM
How do I post an mpeg video like <a href="http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25666">Scottie</a> did? When I try to upload it to homestead, it'll make you download it, and then it gives some sort of wierd error. I have another kitty video that I want to put up. :D

crono_logical
10-19-2002, 08:40 AM
Well, Scottie posted his on the EoFF server, I dunno what homestead does to files that'll mess them up though. Try zipping it then posting a homestead again, and see if it works that way?

Zell's Fists of Fury
10-19-2002, 09:42 AM
Yea, but I don't want to have to make people download the movie... :\

Spuuky
10-19-2002, 09:43 AM
Umm, people had to download Scottie's to see it. Just make a link to it in the thread. Whether or not it plays in IE or downloads/opens in a new program depends on your personal settings in Windows.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-19-2002, 10:11 AM
A place like Homestead probably wouldn't let you upload files that big without some kind of huge error, of course. *kicks Hypermart*

Citizen Bleys
10-19-2002, 01:34 PM
It might be the extention, too. Hypermart rapes mp3s that you upload, but if you change the extension to mpga instead of mp3, it uploads and downloads fine, and Winamp recognizes it no problem. (The mpga association should already exist)

crono_logical
10-19-2002, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Spaceman Spiff
Yea, but I don't want to have to make people download the movie... :\ I'd much rather download any sort of media rather than let it stream, regardless of my connection speed. :p