PDA

View Full Version : FFVIII flrum sub-title

Mookie37
10-23-2002, 05:39 AM
There's been a debate going on in the Gen. FF forum about this.
Not everyone, in fact I'm willing to bet atleast half of the posters (give or take), feels that FFVIII is "The most emotional and captivating game of the series."
There's no problem with stating an opinion, but this subtittle states it as fact. At least with the FFVI sub tittle opinion was implied.

Because of this, I wanna know how many people agree with me on this and wanna see the subtitle changed.
This isn't a thread to spam/flame eachother about which FF r0x0rz your perverbial b0x0rz, so please attempt to be civil, just vote and post your opinion. You can argue in the Gen. FF forum to your hearts content.

Garland
10-23-2002, 05:52 AM
I don't think the subtitle is refering to what FF8 is, as much as what it tried to be. I do think FF8 was intended to be the most emotional FF to date. It was dubbed a romance after all.

Assuming for the moment that the subtitle is refering to the game as it is, then it should be accepted as oppinion. Any statement involving words like "captivating"- especially when paired with "most", can be nothing BUT an oppinion. There is no means of judging a game's "captivation". Thus, I wouldn't worry about the subtitle.

MoogleRush
10-23-2002, 05:55 AM
I'm one of those who disagrees with the subtitle. But I don't pay any attention to it to want it changed.

Maybe the staff do find the subtitle suitable for FFVIII. It's their call.

Shlup
10-23-2002, 12:33 PM
And what would you propose it be changed to?

Citizen Bleys
10-23-2002, 02:12 PM
But it's Sean's words!

Dr Unne
10-23-2002, 05:40 PM
Does it really matter what the description says? It's just a forum description.

Zell's Fists of Fury
10-23-2002, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by ShlupQuack
And what would you propose it be changed to?

"Stinky pile of poo game"

Mookie37
10-23-2002, 06:36 PM
What maters is that it's an opinion, and no a widely held one, that's being presented as fact.

edczxcvbnm
10-23-2002, 06:51 PM
I don't agree with the thingy but I must also say I DON"T CARE! We can't have our way all the time or else I would subtile the FF6 forum "the game that is steaming pile of dog sh*t". The people who actually go to that forum are the ones that probably agree with it the most.

I also don't recall that subtile saying it was a fact...more of a statement.

FF6 = "Steaming pile of dog sh*t!"

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-23-2002, 08:32 PM
I like the stupid forum title because it matches the stupid forum and all the stupid threads and stupid posts inside of it.

Mookie37
10-23-2002, 08:36 PM
Hmmm...that makes sense.

Yamaneko
10-23-2002, 11:05 PM
"Like I care"