PDA

View Full Version : Technology Thread

I Love Shoyku
10-24-2002, 06:48 PM
Another dumb idea probabaly. I think we should have a technology forum. There is so much stuff coming out everyday. Computer gadgets, new tech toys, etc. This thread would cover Computers, and anything that has to do with Technology really. I think it would be packed. I've always wanted a forum in EoFF where I can talk about my computer and such. I think EoFF needs one, but Im probably wrong. Count on old Cheffie for bringing in the dumb ideas ;)

EDIT- I meant Technology "Forum".

crono_logical
10-24-2002, 07:13 PM
Most of the computer stuff seems to go in the help forum, and games-related hardware in the gaming forum, everything else would probably fit nice and tidily in Gen. Chat :p

Dr Unne
10-24-2002, 07:25 PM
This has been suggested before. I think the answer is still probably no. Not really much you can talk about in regards to computers, is there? Other than "Help me with my computer problems", which goes in the Help Forum. Other than that, what is there? "I like hard drives". "Windows sucks, Linux rulez" or something. Those can go in General Chat. No real need for another mostly-dead forum.

Agent Proto
10-24-2002, 07:44 PM
A technology forum wouldn't be that bad, we did have someone suggest such a forum in the past, but it was decided against, mainly because we don't have many threads based on technology. Most of the computer related help threads go to the Help Forum, and such. If anyone would want to talk about the latest gadget, it could go to one of two forums, the Lounge, or General Chat. I believe that once there is more than enough threads on technology, enough that the Staff would take notice, than maybe I'd say the Staff would consider a need for such a forum. For now, I don't think there is really a need for one. :)

Squally Leonharty
10-25-2002, 07:56 AM
We've got too many forums anyway. :p