PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Character? (CT)

Angered Roach
10-28-2002, 01:52 AM
Who was your favorite character in Chrono Trigger?

I'd have to say Frog.

First off, he just plain looked cool. I think it was the hooded cape thing.

Second, he was useful in battle pretty much all the time(Okay, his magic sucks towards the end if you don't shove a billion tabs down his throat, but still.)

He had quite a nice story. I thought it was kinda neat to see a non-main character get as much spotlight as Frog got, what with being the legendary hero and all.

He had one of my favorite RPG elements attributed to him...Weapons and other equipment with a fair amount of story!

And finally, he had one of my favorite character themes in the whole game.

Flamethrower
10-28-2002, 02:40 AM
For me, it's a tie between Frog and Robo.

Frog was awesome. No character had better character development than Frog. Besides personality, he was very good in battle; with the Hero Medal and Masamune, no other character had physical attacks as strong as Frog.

Robo also had good character development. He had a lot of personality for a robot. In battle, I think Robo was the best all-around character in battle. He had strong physical attacks, high HP, strong defense, and pretty good techs. Laser spin and Heal Beam were lifesavers when I first got them. I probably used Robo in my party more than any other character (besides Crono, of course). When I got the choice, I always put Robo in the lead of the party, because I love the way he runs. :p

I voted for Robo, because I always vote for Frog in these favorite CT charater polls, and I wanted to do somthing different.

Spatvark
10-29-2002, 02:50 PM
Ayla for me. Immensely powerful, some of the best techs (especially Charm in the Black Omen), funny as hell and I just really liked her plotline...

I have one question though... how on earth does she get her bikini wax done so well?!?!

Nakor TheBlue Rider
10-29-2002, 06:00 PM
Magus......

When I first saw his name in the game, waaay before I saw HIM....I went...."I Bet He's Gonna be Cool and Strong as Hell!"

He whopped Cyrus and Hes too Cool for School.....:magus:

edczxcvbnm
10-29-2002, 06:41 PM
YOU RETARDED FOOL!!!! YOU SPELLED HIS NAME WRONG LIKE EVERY OTHER FOOL! IT IS CRONO!!!! CRONO YOU FREAKS! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU ALL?!!?!??!?!?! YOU CAN'T SPELL OR SOMETHING.

*has a sudden heart attack*
*dies*

CloudDragon
10-29-2002, 08:51 PM
I choose Crono because its kind of like you the character is taking on the persona or so of Crono knowing that he never says anything and usually just nods or shakes his head for approvals and disapprovals. He was an extremely excellent character in the fight too.

Magus is a close second, follwed by Frog.

Svart Nimbus
10-30-2002, 08:17 AM
Magus :)

Dara Tan
10-30-2002, 10:22 AM
Me, too, Magus. :choc: :mog: :D

Meuterei
11-02-2002, 03:11 PM
Magus, Magus, Magus, Magus, Magus, Magus... and Magus. Yup. Magus.

Dara Tan
11-02-2002, 03:17 PM
Magus wins! :o :D :love:

Glenn
11-04-2002, 05:27 AM
My fave's Glenn, for several reasons.

1.) When you first run into him, he just has the aura of mystery about him that only Magus seems to contend with.

2.) He's weak magically, but if he has some of the best TECHS in the game (that's techs, the non-star moves). I know some people will argue that Ayla has the best techs, but her most powerful techs are very expensive on mana. A Gold Stud would remedy it, but Ayla with a Gold Stud is almost an insult compared to Ayla with Prism Specs.
Glenn, Meanwhile, possesses some decent power for relatively low mana cost. Leap Slash is overkill by itself, but with Dual Techs such as Spire and Red Pin it deals a fair amount of damage for a reasonable amount of mana. And Double Cure is downright awesome. It heals the entire team more or less entirely for almost no mana.

Hint for Newbs going after Lavos for the first time: If you stick a Gold Stud on Nadia (Marle) and a Silver Stud on Glenn (Frog), then just keep casting Double Cure over and over again while Crono wails on Lavos with Rainbow, you'd have to be pretty weak to lose. On subsequent runs with New Game+ you can get additional Gold Studs thus making your Double Cures never ending.

3.) Aside from Ayla and Magus he's actually pretty swift, and he has the advantage of physical strength over Magus and cheap (mana-wise) techs over Ayla.

4.) His story line rocks, his speech pattern rocks (I irritate my friends by speaking the same way Glenn does), and his main weapon is the Masamune. You just can't argue with a weapon that is powerful against so many enemies. Magus, Zeal, The Mammon Machine, Lavos. All of the "major" bosses, the Masamune beats their fat nazi butts into the ground.

5.) Theme Music. Aside from maybe Robo, he has by far the coolest Theme Song.

6.) He gets married to Leene! That makes him Nadia's Great-times-ten-Grandfather! EW!

I'm not saying that what I'm saying is right. I know that many people will say Magus is better for sheer power and speed, Ayla is better for the same reason (plus charm), but this is just my OPINION. I'm not trying to jam this down anyones throat. If you feel a desire to disagree with me, go right ahead :)

Lord Nathor
11-04-2002, 01:53 PM
CRONO RULES!
He never says a word, even when the time is critical. He's not saying stupid things that way. And he rocks! Confuse and Luminaire and the most destructive spells plus his Rainbow Sword has a 70% chance to do a critical hit.
Give him a Nova Armor, Haste Helm and a Berserker and he's able to kill Lavos all alone at level 80!

Talus
11-04-2002, 06:57 PM
Frog, he's the man.

Morat
11-04-2002, 11:18 PM
Hint for Newbs going after Lavos for the first time: If you stick a Gold Stud on Nadia (Marle) and a Silver Stud on Glenn (Frog), then just keep casting Double Cure over and over again while Crono wails on Lavos with Rainbow, you'd have to be pretty weak to lose. On subsequent runs with New Game+ you can get additional Gold Studs thus making your Double Cures never ending.
Actually, you can get as many gold studs as you want the first time through the game by charming creatures in the Black Omen.

Glenn
11-05-2002, 03:58 AM
Yeah, that's true. I don't use Ayla much, so I don't use Charm much either as a result :)

Aeris vs Rinoa
11-05-2002, 06:01 AM
It was a hard to decide out of Magus and Marle,Magus was the cold hearted character who changed his ways and Marle just the nice Princess girl that we use in the start of the game,it was hard,but I voted Marle!

Glenn
11-06-2002, 05:07 AM
Ahem... again with me correcting Aeris vs Rinoa :)

Janus was always cold-hearted, yes, but he never changed his ways. He never seems to show remorse at the killing of Cyrus, nor the curse placed upon Glenn (though as Glenn admits he rather enjoys his new form). He was always, also, out to kill Lavos. Thankfully, Crono and the gang showed up just as Janus was about to take on Lavos single-handed, and as you find out later Janus didn't stand a ghost of a chance. Janus was always cold-hearted and never changed his ways, he just joined forces when he realized he stood no chance by himself.

Highland
01-09-2003, 11:35 AM
Magus was probably the first character i adored. Since then, i thought every RPG should have a character like Magus...unfornuately, i have found alot who have characters that are even remotely to have a cool character at all. I always believed that the story only survived by having cool characters to go with it. Magus was such a good example. PLus he was a good quote-maker.

""The weak only strive to be weaker""

""The black wind howls again...""

""The past is dead. It is nothing more than a dream.""

I even found myself using magus' quotes in real life situations. If people ever passed this guy up for coolest character they need to be buried alive...i cant stand people who adore Tidus and of those losers...ugh. CT is where its at.

"You can send 10000 maggots to try and defeat me, but you will still be maggots!!!!" http://www.icybrian.com/suikoden2/sscene5.jpg

CaoDarl
01-10-2003, 03:06 AM
CRONO, the ultimate war machine!

MagicKnight Locke
01-13-2003, 07:30 PM
magus and frog.I used the 2 of them in my party just because these reasons

Both of their themes rules
They gave me a big boost of interest in storyline (magus especially)
The neverending fight between them was so cool.

I voted magus still

xselphiex
01-21-2003, 02:55 AM
I voted for Marle/Nadia. I liked her personality and I really like her real name (nadia) ^_^

R!kku
01-21-2003, 03:01 AM
i liked Nadia too :D

Regulus, Artemus T.
01-23-2003, 05:20 AM
Originally posted by Angered Roach

Just wanted to be different I guess... no, actually, I really really liked Lucca. My party usually includes Crono, Robo, and Ayla, except when I need magic, then I pick either Magus or Lucca (Or Marle/Frog when I need ice/water specifically).

But I really like Lucca, the nerd-type with glasses. I really like girls with glasses for some reason. I was very disappointed when I saw Quistis (FF8) wasn't going to wear her glasses for battles. Her (Lucca's) passion for her friends and family, her "quick to learn and understand what's going on" nature. She's the girl that always gets overlooked by the guys because she has short hair and glasses and plays with machines and is really smart so they're intimidated and all that junk. Well Phooey on them! Lucca is a total babe! (sticks out tongue and razzes all the other guys). Heh, okay just kidding. =)

I would choose her for my party over Frog because A.) I seem to be very lucky with the wonder shot. She seldom does low damage and very frequently does high damage (2000+). B.) Frog's highest elemental magic is water2, so naturally Lucca's Flare is going to kick some major tail when it comes to magic-prone enemies.

Not to mention there's something very good to be said about someone who has enough common sense to wear a helmet all the time! >;D

Okay, enough of that. Great poll!
GAME ON!!!
-R.,A.T.

Magus
01-24-2003, 11:56 PM
lmao rofl lol hahaha ! hmmm ... wut a "GOOD" kestion ! hmmm ... *think* *think* *think* ... how bout u ppl guess wut i voted !? :D

Kuroku Kaze
02-03-2003, 03:36 PM
Crono Definitly! :D.

Seriously think about all the good points.... 1.) He gets the cute blonde for a girlfriend and eventually wife. 2.) he has a sword. 3.) he's got the cool spikey DBZ style hair. 4.) He's got a sword. 5.) Luminere (btw i don't care if I spelled that properly) kicks ass! and of course 6.) He's got a sword.

Honestly what more could you want?

Paladin
02-13-2003, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Angered Roach

I'd have to say Frog.

First off, he just plain looked cool. I think it was the hooded cape thing.

Second, he was useful in battle pretty much all the time(Okay, his magic sucks towards the end if you don't shove a billion tabs down his throat, but still.)

He had quite a nice story. I thought it was kinda neat to see a non-main character get as much spotlight as Frog got, what with being the legendary hero and all.

He had one of my favorite RPG elements attributed to him...Weapons and other equipment with a fair amount of story!

And finally, he had one of my favorite character themes in the whole game.

Couldn't of said it better myself. :)

The Man
02-13-2003, 11:40 PM
Magus, although Schala, who isn't on the poll, comes in a close second, I'd say.

CombatReady
05-04-2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Kuroku Kaze
Crono Definitly! :D.

Seriously think about all the good points.... 1.) He gets the cute blonde for a girlfriend and eventually wife. 2.) he has a sword. 3.) he's got the cool spikey DBZ style hair. 4.) He's got a sword. 5.) Luminere (btw i don't care if I spelled that properly) kicks ass! and of course 6.) He's got a sword.

Honestly what more could you want?

Uhhhm........ I'm not so sure that having spikey, DBZ-esque hair is a good thing.

Now, while Crono does indeed kick some major ass, and he has his ass-kickin' license, Janus is just a straight up badass. Oh, and BTW.... he has a badass license. I've seen it. :p

I was gonna vote for Robo (I always named him Gears. :P ) because he was always strong as hell for me, and I love his theme music.

Imperia
05-05-2003, 03:59 AM
Marle, Lucca, Crono, Magus, and Ayla are my favorites. I also love Schala (even though she's not one of the fighters). Schala's such a tragic heroine.

Night Angel
05-11-2003, 10:37 PM
:magus: :magus: :magus: Uh... guess who I vote for. can ya'?
The fact is, people who have silver hair have problems, so shoulden't I have silver hair???
All Hail and bow down to Magus:save:

ForeverZeroUltima
06-27-2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by edczxcvbnm
YOU RETARDED FOOL!!!! YOU SPELLED HIS NAME WRONG LIKE EVERY OTHER FOOL! IT IS CRONO!!!! CRONO YOU FREAKS! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU ALL?!!?!??!?!?! YOU CAN'T SPELL OR SOMETHING.

*has a sudden heart attack*
*dies*

the hell's wrong with you? i have another screenname called ChronoUltima, you gonna die on me, too?

"What do you live for? What are you willing to DIE for?" -Lynx, to Serge

ForeverZeroUltima
06-27-2003, 07:02 PM
Give him a Nova Armor, Haste Helm and a Berserker and he's able to kill Lavos all alone at level 80!

um.....ok....hows about, MOON ARMOR, PRISM HELM, AND GOLD STUD??????

MASA
07-04-2003, 09:53 PM
I say Janus(Magus) because hes like me.é...he is like me...you know...he love to stay alone with hes cat....(but im not alone with my cat lol)And All say hes Really good in magic...(im not good in magic but in rpg tactic playing A LOT) so i vote for em !