PDA

View Full Version : Plug-in.

Sakura Yume
10-30-2002, 04:29 AM
<font color=#AFEEEE>Does anyone know what the name of the plug-in you need to voice-chat with is called. -.- We had it before but it's not on our new hard drive so...

Also, I think I need a plug-in so that our windows media player and quick-time player can play mpgs with sound. Right now, we can get the images but... no sound whatsoever.

Dr Unne
10-30-2002, 05:42 PM
Plugin for what program? There are a bajillion programs that let you voice chat. AIM does. MS Netmeeting (I think that's what it's called) does. You can probably install Netmeeting from your Windows installation CD.

Sakura Yume
11-07-2002, 07:00 AM
<font color=#AFEEEE>Well right now I can't voice chat with either AIM or Yahoo so either one would be useful. =/

Bulldog
11-07-2002, 12:04 PM
I think <i>Earthlink</i> is the one for AIM. I probably don't know what I'm talking about, though.
I'm not good with these instant messengers.

Sakura Yume
11-09-2002, 07:37 AM
<font color=#AFEEEE>Ok thanks. While I'm at it... I downloaded 2 songs off winmx and neither work because there is "another program using my soundcard" -.-;;; I think I'd know if there was.... so yeah, any ideas about that?

crono_logical
11-09-2002, 09:27 AM
You'll get that problem if you were previously using sound with some program, which then didn't close properly, so Windows will think it's still in use when the program's actually died. Win98/ME is pretty poor at tidying up after crashing programs - a reboot is probably what is needed to fix that :p

Sakura Yume
11-12-2002, 06:20 AM
<font color=#AFEEEE>The only sound program I use is winamp though. And I haven't used that in 4 reboots and it still doesn't work. *Cries* I suck...

Shlup
11-12-2002, 07:26 AM
Reinstall your sound drivers?