PDA

View Full Version : Cat? (CT; spoilers)

SpikingZero
11-01-2002, 07:37 PM
After finally beating CT for the first time, I got what the PSX called "Ending number 1." But there's something really interesting just as it was about to end:

Crono's cat came out of nowhere; Mom said that the cat was running away because I wasn't feeding it, and then suddenly both just jumped into the time warp which closed directly after.

I was wondering...is it possible to feed Crono's cat? ^_^;

Lord Nathor
11-01-2002, 08:10 PM
Yes but it will not change your ending... I tried it.

Spatvark
11-02-2002, 12:24 AM
To feed the cat, you ned to win games in Norstein Bekkler's Tent of Horrors. Win the games once to get the prize, and with the same lead character, win the game again to get cat food. it'll go straight into the bowl in Crono's room. You can also breed cats this way. First, win the 80 point game to get a second cat. Then win cat food and keep doing it regularly throughout the game. The most you can have is 11 cats, the last of which'll be purple like Alfador.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
11-02-2002, 10:22 AM
Purgatory......Is that true.....I never heard of that before......

Can anyone else verify what Purgatory is saying......?

Spatvark
11-03-2002, 07:09 AM
It's part of a myth that if you do get enough cats, you can stop them from going through the portal and thus not have to go after Crono's mum. But that part is rubbish.

Oh, and with the cats in the ending, the first one goes in, then Crono's mum and then the rest of the cats (I think)

Glenn
11-04-2002, 06:09 AM
Yeah, it's true. Cat Collecting was briefly a very fun thing to do. Then I realized I was spending hours beating the crap out of Gato (gets very boring) just so I could get some stupid cats in my room that always get in the way and make incredibly irritating mewing noises. I'm not sure, but I believe that the purple cat IS Alfador. Unless I was seeing things, that blasted cat freaking followed me only when I had Janus on my team.

Killy
11-04-2002, 12:54 PM
I really have to check that, Id like to have that purple cat!

Lord Nathor
11-04-2002, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Black Ninja
I really have to check that, Id like to have that purple cat!
I'll do it too... Sounds funny.

Shlup
11-05-2002, 05:14 AM
The only ending I ever got was that damn cat ending.

Glenn
11-06-2002, 05:10 AM
The different endings aren't difficult to get. All you have to do is finish the game at different points in the game (I know that sounds odd) by playing New Game +. Winning in different time periods SLIGHTLY changes the ending, as well.

For example, when you complete the Black Omen and defeat Lavos in the Present, Lucca makes a passing comment that R-66Y may not exist in the new future. If you finish the game in the future, since you didn't alter history before that point in time, then that future was still the same. Thus, R-66Y still existed.

Regulus, Artemus T.
12-18-2002, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by ShlupQuack

Or you can use the Epoch to travel to 1999 AD and use it to penetrate Lavos defenses so that you bypass all his "mimicking previous bosses" modes and go right to the two battles that happen inside the main shell. This destroys the Epoch, but gets you a slightly different version of the "Beyond Time" ending.

That might be cat related also, but they don't appear in the ending that I've gotten by doing that. The cats didn't run away, something *else* happened. I personally loved it, though it got kinda silly after a while. It was very cute, though. =)

Game On!!!
-R.,A.T.

Paclezeeds
04-12-2003, 05:52 PM
I have all the endings on save files for the Chrono trigger snes rom...
Very funny!

Some Unserius endings when Chrono talks and stuff.

GogoTheMimic
04-14-2003, 10:38 PM
Paclezeeds, could we get in contact and send those to me? Yeah, I love breeding the cats. I never got Alfador though. -_- What a great name for a kitty!

Imperia
04-15-2003, 09:16 PM
I love the cat ending. Especially when there are lots of cats running away. Cats are so CUUUTE!:love:

Paclezeeds
04-16-2003, 07:44 PM
Paclezeeds@hotmail.com

Ciel
07-11-2014, 07:53 AM
It don't matter what ending with cats everybody gets become dead in CC!

WHAT IS DEAD MAY NEVER DIE!

Jowy
07-11-2014, 08:48 AM
I love that your only post is indiscriminate hate towards Chrono Cross.

I liked to load up rental game files to see what someone else did in Chrono Trigger back in '95. One save file had the elusive purple cat sitting in Crono's house. Never cared enough to play the mini-games enough to make mom a crazy cat lady...I settled for Poyozo Dolls in random spots.

Skyblade
07-11-2014, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by ShlupQuack

Or you can use the Epoch to travel to 1999 AD and use it to penetrate Lavos defenses so that you bypass all his "mimicking previous bosses" modes and go right to the two battles that happen inside the main shell. This destroys the Epoch, but gets you a slightly different version of the "Beyond Time" ending.

That might be cat related also, but they don't appear in the ending that I've gotten by doing that. The cats didn't run away, something *else* happened. I personally loved it, though it got kinda silly after a while. It was very cute, though. =)

Game On!!!
-R.,A.T.

I once got that ending without destroying the Epoch, and I have been trying and trying ever since to duplicate it to no avail.

Sephiroth
07-11-2014, 02:41 PM
Just what the heck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCnC1bXxEeI