PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Your Favorite Team

Glenn
11-04-2002, 05:56 AM
Grr, I couldn't cram all of the combinations in here. Well, I stick in the ones that are most likely, as well as some of the oddball teams. I'll also deter from my usual route and give all of the characters populous names (Magus instead of Janus, for instance)

Mo-Nercy
11-04-2002, 07:38 AM
Magus, Crono and Ayla. Best team ever.

Spatvark
11-04-2002, 09:18 AM
I'm an old-skool kinda guy so it's Crono, Marle and Lucca for me. Just doing Luminaire and then Antipode 3 straight after it again and again kinda appeals to me. Hell, that's my tactic for the game as soon as I've got both spells. Once you've nabbed all teh Gold Studs you could ever need from the Black Omen, + Speed Tabs for Lucca and Marle, that combination is pure evil! Crono with Moon Armor, Rainbow, Prism Helm and Gold Stud, Marle with Valkeyre, Prism Dress, Vigil Hat and Gold Stud while Lucca has the Wondershot, Prism Dress, Vigil Hat and have a guess... a Gold Stud!

Nefarious
11-04-2002, 09:34 AM
Crono, Magus, Frog. They're my 3 favorite characters, and after a bunch of rounds of New Game +, does the damage truly matter? Basically everything hits you 1 anyways.

Svart Nimbus
11-04-2002, 10:50 AM
Crono, Marle and Lucca.

Morat
11-04-2002, 12:13 PM
My favorite is Crono, Magus, and Robo. With full magic tabs and a gold stud, Robo's healing power is insane. Crono does tons of damage with both magic and physical attacks, and he has the 'life' spell. I just take Magus because he's cool.

Lord Nathor
11-04-2002, 12:35 PM
Crono, Frog and Ayla rock! You get a very good healing and bashing power. Luminaire and the last dual tech of Frog/Ayla are the most powerfull moves in the game. And the Slurp Kiss restores huge amount of HPs, status too plus it costs almost no MPs...

Aeris vs Rinoa
11-05-2002, 03:46 PM
I said Crono,Marle and Magus because Crono has good Magic and attacks are good,Magus has good black magic and Attacks and Marle a Healer

Nakor TheBlue Rider
11-14-2002, 05:35 PM
I use Crono-Marle-(Either Lucca or Ayla) till I get Magus

Then my most common one is Magus-Marle-Ayla

I love twin charm....till I got evrything....Then I switch around my party

Magus-Crono-Marle
Magus-Marle-Lucca
Crono-Marle-Lucca

All good!!

Too many good teams

edczxcvbnm
11-14-2002, 10:00 PM
Crono, Marle and Ayla. Best team you can have and you didn't list it. Shame!

Eternal Sphere
11-14-2002, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Nathor
Crono, Frog and Ayla rock! You get a very good healing and bashing power. Luminaire and the last dual tech of Frog/Ayla are the most powerfull moves in the game. And the Slurp Kiss restores huge amount of HPs, status too plus it costs almost no MPs...
Yes, my favourite time too. Well, almost any team with Frog is my favourite. :p

SpikingZero
11-16-2002, 11:11 PM
Crono, Ayla and Robo. Nuthin' but brute physical force, and some pretty darn good healing from Robo.

Denmark
12-01-2002, 03:16 AM
Crono, Ayla, Frog

Hit 'em hard and fast, that's my strategy for any game.

I didn't get Magus the first time I played through CT.

Kayin
12-01-2002, 03:17 AM
I guess you could say Crono, Marle and Magus.

DK
12-04-2002, 12:21 AM
My favourite is probably Crono, Frog and Robo, but i use Crono, Frog and Marle most, simply for double cure, and Arc Impulse.

Am I the only one who equips Crono with the Frenzy band? Along with Rainbow its like 70% Critical hit rate and an 80% Counter rate. Makes life much easier.

Whelk
12-04-2002, 01:56 AM
Crono, Frog, and Ayla

Nemesis the Warlock
12-04-2002, 11:19 AM
Ayla, Marle and Robo. You get to use "Charm", you got two healers and one dead-hard fighter, ice magic and laser technology. What more can you ask for?

MagicKnight Locke
01-13-2003, 08:02 PM
Crono Magus Frog

Crono and frog do stuff like x strike.Lone wolf magus casts stuff like dark matter(gold stud+magus=god).
When frog stops to heal use luminaire equip everyone with gold studs and presto

originally said by magus

Now we've got a winning team

BatChao
01-13-2003, 10:03 PM
Crono, Marle, and Frog. Double cure is the best healing spell ever. Crono can stand there doing Luminaires and sometimes teaming up with Marles for the ever cool Ice Sword 2. And then Arc Impules is a great triple-tech. Does loads of damage. Good for the last boss.

xselphiex
01-21-2003, 02:46 AM
I'd say Crono, Marle and Ayla. I always use them ^_^

Regulus, Artemus T.
01-23-2003, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by Glenn
Grr, I couldn't cram all of the combinations in here. Well, I stick in the ones that are most likely, as well as some of the oddball teams. I'll also deter from my usual route and give all of the characters populous names (Magus instead of Janus, for instance)

Since you couldn't cram them all in, I'll be different and vote for Crono, Lucca, Ayla. =)

Game on!
-R.,A.T.

Mageta
02-20-2003, 07:33 AM
This one's tough. See, the first through, I like playing with Crono, Magus, and Ayla, so that I can charm every item. But the second time through, I prefer playing with Marle in place of Ayla. This is mainly because Ayla's dialogue is the worst of all the characters, and because Marle's a great character to have healing everyone.

Paladin
02-20-2003, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Lord Nathor

Too true. :D

matt_in_the_hat
03-17-2003, 11:39 PM
Crono, Marle, Frog

Crono's Luminaire is amazing and Marle/Frog's Double Cure heals full and all status ailments. When they don't need healing Marle and Frog can do glacier. Frog and Crono are also good on pure attack power. I usually have rainbow on Chrono and Hero Medal on Frog for criticals (I use a gold stud for Frog when I'm fighting a boss). Marle can sometimes get 'Stop' in there with the Siren. I also like throwing in Haste helms when I'm not fighting a boss. Chrono with max speed and on top of that a 1/2 wait time with 900+ criticals is all I really need in the end though.

Half-breed Raiku
04-02-2003, 12:32 PM
I voted Chrono,lucca,Marle because:

1.Ice sword 2

2.Fire sword 2

3.Antipode 3

4.Delta attack

Killy
04-02-2003, 01:02 PM
Chrono, Lucca, Magus.

That way I get the best spells: Luminaire, Flare and Darkmatter.

Magus
04-08-2003, 02:04 PM
MAGUS, Ayla & Crono Rox ! Crono & Magus Casts Powerfull Spells & ayla hit's like no one else :D

ShadowNINku
04-22-2003, 03:06 PM
Crono Frog and Robo

NorthernChaosGod
04-24-2003, 12:38 AM
three words: Crono, Magus Frog.
favorite team because they are my favorite chars.

ForeverZeroUltima
06-27-2003, 06:48 PM
Magus + Marle + Lucca = DARK ETERNAL

'nuff said.

MASA
07-04-2003, 09:58 PM
Crono-Maus-Marle

Crono Have Illumina
Magus Confuse
Mrle Heal

HEy they cant beat me ;) !! lol

GenjiLeisureSuit
11-23-2003, 05:34 PM
Okay... this is a little strategy I used at the end of the game....

Crono - Frog - Robo.

(First off, before I say anything, Magus sucks. No duel techs. Shame on you all.)

I had extensively used Crono (cause he rocks) and Frog (because he is very good if you pump him up with tabs,) throughout the game. But I never really used Robo. (No magic? Pshaw.)

However, when I completed all the side quests at the end of the game, I was left with the crisis arm. BINGO!

Because I never ever ever used Robo, his max HP was, like, 780 or something. So what did I do? Slap an Earring on him and watch his HP rise to 999. Now, it is significantly easier to just heal him fully than to try and get lucky and hope his HP ends in 9. With him fully healed, Uzzi punch did, like, 3000-4000 damage. (Keep in mind, he was still at low levels. If you like Robo and level him up, you can do the same trick, for higher damage, without the earring.) But anyway, the final boss battle looked a bit like this:

Crono: Luminare, attack.
Frog: Heal, heal, heal some more, items, occasional smackdown with Masamune or Spire.
Robo: UZZI PUNCH UZZI PUNCH UZZI PUNCH.
Me: Wow, that battle was pretty damn easy.

This strategy can probably be done with Marle to greater effect (Easier to transpose Aura Whirl and Uzzi Punch,) but either way, it's an extremely simple strategy that made Lavos a piece of cake. Sponge cake. With icing. And sprinkles.

Sorry for resurrecting the dead post.

Ayla
01-22-2004, 07:53 PM
Like:Ayla, Marle, Lucca
Strategy for final: Robo, Magus ,Ayla
Best ever:Crono, Ayla and Lucca.

I LOVE AYLA!!! :love: