PDA

View Full Version : Just thinking

IamTidus
11-09-2002, 07:39 AM
I am thinking of gitting FF9 It looks like its a lot of fun I just want to know why Should I or Shouldn't I get this game whoa I sound like a SAT test. but anyway please answer my question. Thanks

Cz
11-09-2002, 09:41 AM
I highly recommend FFIX. So yeah, buy it.

stokesy220
11-09-2002, 04:52 PM
just buy it don't question the great final fantasy everybody who has has fallen down in the path of great ness if you don't like ff then you shall be destroyed

Halan
11-12-2002, 04:52 AM
I had a choice between buying FF9 and FF8 and I chose 9...I must say I'm glad I did. Its a wonderful game with a wonderful storyline, unexpected twists in the plot and gameplay that will keep you entertained and wanting more for a long while.

Brakkis
11-12-2002, 05:37 PM
I dunno...

If I conpare FF8 and FF9, I prefer FF8

but don't get me wrong.... FF9 is one hell of a game!!!

(\):mog:

m4tt
11-13-2002, 04:47 PM
There is no comparison between 8 and 9. :p 8 has plotholes and crappy characters. 9 is all around great.

MoogleRush
11-14-2002, 02:50 AM
FFIX is fun. Not too heavy story,not too light either. And no huge plotholes and boring characters like FFVIII.

Angered Roach
11-14-2002, 03:26 AM
Yes, IX is gewd. The great gameplay of "The good ol' days", in a nice 3D environments, plenty of opportunity to go "Hey! I remember that! That reminds me of back when I was a kid...ah...good ol' FF1/4/6/7..." plus, a great cast of characters. Particularly, Vivi. It's kinda refeshing to see a guy mage.

And there's plenty of secrets to find. That, and the mini-game that gives you most of your hidden stuff is actually FUN. Yes. You heard me right. It's FUN!

BTW...if you do get the game, and something in the beginning is either bugging you, or making you wonder a lot, just go with it. It'll all be explained in due time, and it's quite better to see the game tell you of this, than an FAQ.

Ireng
11-26-2002, 02:34 AM
Iīll tell you...
FFIX hasnīt got a thing in common with FFVIII. Since Amano didnīt take part on this title, most people didnīt like the character design. But thatīs a small minus. The brighteness effects that were not in FFVIII make spells and special moves to look awesome. The story itself is pretty cool, and the characterīs abilities are excellent. The music rocks too, and it has tons of side quests (not as many as FFVIII, but they are a lot, nevertheless). I think it has a resemblance to FFVI, but thatīs my opinion. Also, as this was the last title for the PS1, and if you have played FF1, you will notice that A LOT of the characters are repeated here. Cool. Who hasnīt ever wished to see the mighty Garland blowing up entire towns instead of kidnapping delightful Princesses? Itīs graphics engine looks newer, plus it has thousands of equipments. And, there you go, you can even fight the almighty Ozma, whoīs strength is compared to FFVīs Shynruu and FFVIIIīs Omega Weapon. I strongly recommend it. Totally.

Blizzard
11-26-2002, 04:09 AM
Definitely get this game, it rocks

IamTidus
01-09-2003, 08:36 AM
First I would like to say thanks everyone for posting there thoughts you really helped me make up my mind and I am going to get this game today I hope.

Origin
01-17-2003, 03:21 AM
The game rawks.. it would rawk more without Steiner though :mad:

Nakor TheBlue Rider
01-17-2003, 07:27 PM
You mean without Quina.....

Well I definatly wouldn't buy FF8.....FF9 is Pritty good though....

Personally I liked the game but I never did any side quest or the mini-game....They were hard to find....once I found the mini-game I thought it sucked....I dont want to run around a One Screen area Digging up crappy treasures to get points to buy stuff......Its like combining the Excavation Site place From FF7 and the Battle Square Reward System of FF7.....Just NO!......Stupid Hot-Cold Chocobo Game!

StormSlayer
01-23-2003, 02:30 AM
Yeah, you should definitely buy FFIX. Best game in the series, if you ask me.

JenosydesTouch
01-30-2003, 09:37 PM
You should get it, it's totally awesome. Why would you want to miss out on any FF game?

IamTidus
02-14-2003, 05:42 AM
The reason I was questioning getting the game is because I am a newbie to Final Fantasy as in I started with FF8 then 10 and 7. Sense FF9 is a throwback to the real FF's 1-6. I wasn't sure if I would like it. Does anybody know who still has the game in stock at the stores. Any time I get paid I go to get it there sold out! I tryed Wal-Mart (I go there a lot why I don't know) and Best Buy there always sold out. If anyone knows where I can find it that would be great!

HOOTERS
02-14-2003, 01:01 PM
Yep I think FX games has it. Only problem is you have to fly from wherever you are to newcastle, australia.

Rye
02-14-2003, 11:43 PM
All FuncoLands have FFIX. Also GameStops! If you want to pay alot more money, you can order of the internet.

eestlinc
02-15-2003, 07:14 AM
I just picked up my copy of FF9 at BestBuy last week. $19.99.

Rye
02-15-2003, 01:53 PM
I got mine FF9 at electronic boucet (i can't spell it) for 17.00 plus takes, which came to 21.00 ^.^

IamTidus
03-08-2003, 05:15 AM
Yeah!! I got it I got it Yeeeeeeaaaaah!!!! thanks for all the replies.

This thread needs to be closed now thanks mods for keeping it open for being suck a lame topic.

Moomba Misstress
03-08-2003, 05:21 AM
I just wanted to say that Funcoland and Gamestop are the same stores (owned by the same company) and Electronics Boutique overprices their stuff...eh Funcoland isn't much better (on new items) but they're used games are decently priced......:fd:

eestlinc
03-08-2003, 06:04 AM
This isn't a lame topic. It's good to point out that ff9 is the only playstation ff game that actually feels like final fantasy, has no useless characters, has a storyline that is less-than-ridiculous, doesn't really let you become invincible, and actually has challenging bosses.

TheChosen1
05-05-2003, 01:26 AM
When I asked if ff9 was good in the tactics forum some say t was boring, but cčmon I think it deserves as much credit if not more. So yeah get it. By the way its electronic boutiques.:D

Kurohime
05-05-2003, 03:09 AM
It's good to point out that ff9 is the only playstation ff game that actually feels like final fantasy,
Eeee! I could hug you for saying that! :D

My first trek into Final Fantasy was FF7. And (as much as I love the game now), back then, I just did NOT like it. It just didn't feel like a "fantasy." Years later, I pick up FF9, and it was insta-love. Thanks to FF9, I gave all the other FFs a chance and now... well... the only one I haven't played/loved is FF3. FF9 is the best in my eyes, though!

Anyway, having said that, I HOPE YOU ENJOY THE GAME! :D I don't think you'll be disappointed. It might feel a lot different than FF7 and FF8, but of all the PSX FF games, this one is the true fantasy!

...will you give us updates on what you think, too? ;)

IamTidus
05-05-2003, 04:47 AM
I did get the game about a month ago and I beat it about a week after I got it. I must say it is probley one of if not my favorite game so far. Ya Know?