PDA

View Full Version : saving pictures problrems

radyk05
11-10-2002, 11:46 PM
everytime i want to save a danm pic the only format avaible is bitmap even if the picture is actually an animated .gif. someone who knows what the hell is happening and/or how to fix it?

ZeZipster
11-11-2002, 03:15 AM
That's in Win. 95 through 2000's paint. Their is no way to fix it, you'll need a new image editor.

Dr Unne
11-11-2002, 04:15 AM
It's an Internet Explorer problem, right? Either get a good browser, or maybe get a download manager like Flashget. Flashget lets you drag a picture from a browser to its dropzone and it'll save it for you. Or else let IE try to save the thing as a .bmp, then rename the file back to its original filename and see if that works.

Shlup
11-11-2002, 11:35 AM
I've had that problem before. It usually fixes when I reboot. *shrug*

radyk05
11-11-2002, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Dr Unne
Or else let IE try to save the thing as a .bmp, then rename the file back to its original filename and see if that works.

that wouldn't be a problem if my Paint still worked (every time i try to save in paint the pc crash)

oh, i'm on win xp, btw. more help?

ZeZipster
11-11-2002, 08:07 PM
Save it to your desktop, then right click it and click 'rename' once it's name is highlighted rename it to *.gif (replace * with the files name).

crono_logical
11-11-2002, 10:32 PM
Paint ain't working?

Sounds like you messed up some system files somewhere then, maybe you tried to install an older version of something onto XP - dunno why the File Protection didn't catch it then. Try a repair Reinstall? :D