PDA

View Full Version : Ffv

Lord Nathor
11-11-2002, 06:41 PM
Is it about to die or what? People hasn't been repluing there since 4 days... Should it be moved with FF I-IV? Or left where it is?

Loony BoB
11-11-2002, 07:05 PM
Really, FFIV and V should be combined.

*runs from all the raging Staff who don't want forum changes*

The Man
11-11-2002, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Loony BoB
Really, FFIV and V should be combined.

*runs from all the raging Staff who don't want forum changes* I agree, actually. Makes more sense - FFIV and FFV are both sixteen-bit games (and the entire contents of Europe's Anthology, to boot), and FFI generates enough traffic by itself to support any two games you bundle with it, no matter how obscure (and for games that were never released Stateside, FFII and FFIII are pretty well-known). 'Course, the odds of the change actually happening are slim to none, but the Fool's Gold (http://forum.fools-gold.org) forum layout probably speaks for itself as to which arrangement I'd prefer. :D

Peace
Aaron

Cz
11-11-2002, 08:45 PM
I agree completely. IV and V are both from the same era, and so it makes a lot of sense to bundle them together in one forum. Plus, I think that it would encourage fans of IV to post about V, and vice versa.

crono_logical
11-11-2002, 10:36 PM
I'm not really too bothered if you change it - I won't mind moving some (i.e. less obscurely titled) of the FF4 threads about though if you do change it :p

Dr Unne
11-12-2002, 12:27 AM
I like it fine how it is, but I don't really care. It's been that way since the beginning so I like it.

Shlup
11-12-2002, 03:15 AM
If it's more efficient to combine the forums, then I say to go for it. No reason to sacrifice efficiency just because "It's been that way since the beginning." :)

Dr Unne
11-12-2002, 04:39 AM
Effecient in what way? If people agree moving FFIV into FFV will increase the amount of traffic the FFV forum gets, then maybe we should. It doesn't matter too much to me either way.

Shlup
11-12-2002, 05:13 AM
Efficient in the way that there will be two less forums with little traffic, replaced by one forum with moderate traffic. Or something... I'm not good at explaining things, I just agree that they should be merged... I think... I don't really go to either forum, so I don't acctually know about this specific situation. *shrug*

Garland
11-12-2002, 05:36 AM
If it were me laying out the forums, I'd have grouped the FF's by system. The NES FF's would get one forum. The SNES FF's would get another. Sony era FF's because of their popularity would stay as individual forums. However, I don't see why FF4 is different than 5 or 6. Still, that's just what I would do, and last I checked, I haven't designed any incredibly successful forums lately.

Del Murder
11-17-2002, 08:12 AM
Let's just merge them all for one day. It'll be fun.

MecaKane
11-17-2002, 02:58 PM
Oh yes. Much fun. FFX spoilers and threads about people being all sad and suff, all on the same page. Weeee :eek: