PDA

View Full Version : A problem.

Aika
11-14-2002, 09:41 PM
well i have a feeling that my current 'pic of the week' right now is too large.

I have been told the mesurments, but i have forgotten them again :| plus well, i dont know the size since i have to get it off a site and cant load from my saved filed into my sig.

I have been trying to keep putting pics in my sig weekly, but i am running out of pics on the one site i get it from. SO does anyone know a site with pictures of Squaresoft games where when you click on the thumbnail, you can open it up to a link that has appropriate sizes to be in my sig?

It has to have a link because you can only do URL links in your siggy correct? I would be very thankful if anyone can think of such a site.

Peegee
11-14-2002, 09:49 PM
First of all....huh?

secondly, you can resize any picture. Just be sure to note that bigger != better. Thus, save the pic, resize it using any image editor that's decent (paint actually does it, abeit poorly), and upload it as a .txt on geocities or something.

Have fun.

Aika
11-14-2002, 09:52 PM
im trying to bypass geocities or making my own site, mainly because i do not know how to do so :eep:

Dr Unne
11-14-2002, 10:55 PM
I don't quite understand what you're asking. The Help Forum is the place for this though. Maybe look around at the other threads here and see if the question has been answered already. If not you could ask again, but a lot of questions have been answered many times.

ZeZipster
11-15-2002, 12:32 AM
As for size, I'd think it takes a Cid's knight a week just to notice your pic is too big. As for images, I don't know where to find any Final Fantasy images.

The more you post, the more likely it gets noticed, and besides, knights can't edit the sig anyway, admins have to :p

Aika
11-15-2002, 03:24 AM
well i mean....

you know if you want an image in your sig you have to put the url?

can someone give me a site where i can post FF pics in my sig?

meaning they have to be in URL form.

does anyone get this yet? lol

Shlup
11-15-2002, 01:21 PM
You're looking for a Final Fantasy site with smaller images that you can directly link to in your signature. I get it. I don't know of any sites though. I think it's about time you learn to resize and upload images yourself. :p

The signature dimensions and limitations are right next to the signature field, by the way. You're signature can't be higher then 250 pixels though.

ZeZipster
11-16-2002, 03:41 AM
That could take hours of searching, and image that meets the requirments of this message boards that allows outside links? It's easier to make the images your-self and then host them, or at least find the images resize them and host them on a webhost...

Shlup
11-17-2002, 09:57 AM
Duh, me! I know how to fix this!

< img src="IMAGE URL" width="XX" height="XX">

(There's a space after the "<" so it'll display as HTML)

Change "IMAGE URL" to the URL of the image, then change the "XX's" to proper sizes. Your whole signature should be under 250 pixels, so, if you include a few lines of text, you should probably make the image height about 150-200. Then try to reduce the width the same amount as the height so the image doesn't look squished. It might still look a little crammed though.

Try it out and let me know if it works.

Remember though, your signature also has to stay under 50kb, so don't take huge images and resize them using this method. :o

Aika
11-17-2002, 10:22 PM
wait! im confused! how do i do this in my user profile? am i changing settings? :| a step by step explanation f how to do this would be extremly appreciated thanks :)

Citizen Bleys
11-18-2002, 01:17 PM
Yes, the .sig limit is posted right on the screen where you change your .sig, which is why the Knights are now telling me when someone's .sig gets too big instead of PM'ing the person with the oversized .sig.

In order to link to an image from a site you don't run, just use the img src tags Shlup posted; You paste that in the textarea where you edit your .sig (Control Panel -> Edit Profile -> Signature)

Aika
11-18-2002, 07:46 PM
EDIT

YAAAAAAAYAYYYYY I GOT ITTT!!!!!! Thank you SO much for your help everyone especially Schlupquack and Gareas~! This is a tremendous help thank you you have saved the image of the week~ :) yeah~!

Shlup
11-19-2002, 10:23 PM
Glad it worked. :)

Don't forget to keep the text you put above or below your image in mind when you're figuring out how tall your image should be though. Looks fine to me right now, just be sure you keep it in mind.