PDA

View Full Version : Html

Spatvark
11-15-2002, 01:32 AM
Would it be possible to include a "Disable HTML in This Post" check box in the post options? It'd make my life a lot easier when posting any html problems I have in the Help Forum. I'm aware there's a code for displaying the < so it's not processed but I can't remember it and I'm sure plenty of other people don't know what it is either...

crono_logical
11-15-2002, 01:50 AM
Seeing as it's the Less Than symbol in maths, it's code is <B>&amp;lt;</B> :p

I know you can disable HTML in entire forums, but I've not seen it possible to do in individual posts - that would probably need another hack to the board.

Dr Unne
11-15-2002, 05:09 AM
&amp;lt; is the code for left-bracket. I can disable HTML in the whole Help forum, but I'm not sure if that'd solve more problems than it'd create.

There's a CODE vBB tag that's supposed to stop HTML from being parsed (I think), but it doesn't work. Using the PHP vBB tag will stop it from being parsed, but it'll also turn the code god-awfully ugly colors. But that's one quick way to stop HTML from being parsed. &#91;php]blah blah put HTML crap here[/php].

<test>

I'll mess around with the codes and see if I can come up with something better.

Spatvark
11-15-2002, 08:47 AM
Actually, I might just be able to dig out how to do it myself with my new-found access to FWF's ftp... since FWF is a phpBB, you can indeed disable HTML in individual posts...