PDA

View Full Version : CIDDIES! Nominations - Closed. See the new thread for the final voting!

Queen Award, First of Her Name
11-17-2002, 05:24 PM
And the award for Best Member goes to... Dr Unne!

In June, The Ciddies got more nominations and votes than ever before - over 150 members recieved votes, and I'm guessing at least double that recieved nominations. Since then, people have come and people have returned, some people have changed alltogether...

And now, six months later, the Ciddies are back! Like the members of EoFF, some awards have been gone, some have been returned, and we've got a few all new awards for good variety. >=D Now, over the past six months, who do YOU think should win what?

Time to decide...

And the Ciddies are...

1) Best Member
2) Best Male
3) Best Female
4) Best Admin (no nominations)
5) Best Cid's Knight (no nominations)
6) Best Recognized Member (no nominations)
7) Best Veteran (see rules)
8) Best Regular (see rules)
9) Best Newbie (see rules)
10) Nicest Member
11) Evilest Member
12) Sexiest Male
13) Sexiest Female
14) Cutest Male
15) Cutest Female
16) Best Custom Rank
17) Best Avatar
18) Best Signature
19) Best Artist
20) Best Writer
21) Best Spammer
22) Funniest Member
23) Weirdest Member
24) Most Aggressive Member
25) Most Submissive Member
26) Most Disturbing Member
27) Most Underrated Member
28) Most Helpful Member
29) Most Productive Member
30) Cutest Couple

Most Likely To...
31) Become a Cid's Knight
32) Become a Recognized Member
33) Get Banned
34) Be a Druggie
35) Be a Drug Dealer
36) Be a Stalker
37) Be George Bush
38) Compete in the next Olympic Games
39) Go insane, should EoFF disappear
40) Be smuggling zero-posters at EoFF as slaves
41) Have eaten a genetically enhanced vegetable, contracted a man made disease, died, and have arisen as a Vegetable Person Superhero who spends his spare time posting at Eyes on Final Fantasy.
42) Post themselves to another country
43) Write a book on EoFF
44) Fall and not be able to get up
45) Get hit by a bus
46) Be driving the bus
47) Laugh at the member getting hit by the bus
48) Be Pinky
49) Be Brain
50) Get Together

And now for the fine print.

Rule #1 - You can nominate yourself for no more than two awards, excluding Cutest Couple.
Rule #2 - You can nominate any one member for no more than five awards, excluding Cutest Couple.
Rule #3 - Do not post your nominations - PM them.
Rule #4 - PM nominations to Award Guy, not Loony BoB.
Rule #5 - PM your nominations by the closing date.
Rule #6 - Do not spam up the Ciddies Thread with self-advertising.
Rule # 7 - You can not nominate more than one person per award. If you do, I'll take the first one you've nominated.
Rule #8 - You can't be nominated for avatar, custom rank and/or sig if you do not have an avatar, custom rank and/or sig - unless you remove them at some time during the Ciddies.
Rule #9 - You can change your avatar, custom rank and/or sig during nominations and finals. This shouldn't cause any major issues, as you can only earn what awards you recieve, be the votes late or early, that's your problem.
Rule #10 - Changes can be made once, and additions can be made however often you like. Please title any PM's with Changes as 'Nomination Changes' or 'Vote Changes', and the same for additions (only 'Additions' should replace 'Changes' in the title. Duh).
Rule #11 - You can only be nominated/voted for one of the 'rank-categorized-awards'. Best Admin, Cid's Knight and Recognized Member have automatic entry for all of the obvious included members. All other people with custom ranks are considered veterans, and all other members are either regulars or newbies. Regular Members are those who have joined over 3 months ago, and Newbies have to have joined less than 3 months ago. Exactly 3 months? Ehhh... Newbie. And this goes from exactly 3 months from the time nominations opened (today, 17th November 2002), not when you decide to nominate.

*deep breath*

Also - You don't have to make nominations for every award.
Also - When voting, please think not of overall, but purely of the last six months. In other words, if someone was really helpful one year ago, and they don't help much now, they shouldn't get that award. This is purely for the occurances of the last six months!
Also - The Cutest Couple award does not count into the five nominations for another member of your choice, or your self-nominations.
Also - All nominations are strictly confidential - the only person with access to the Award Guy account is BoB.
In addition to that - You can not post your nominations or votes until after the final voting has occurred - a thread will be made for them a bit after the results are shown.
Also - To be nominated into the second round for an award, a member must obtain two nominations in that award. However, should eight members all recieve three nominations, then the cut-off will be raised to three nominations, and the same for eight members recieving four nominations each, and so on.
Also - Memnoch, Gareas and Asorie are all NOT Newbies. Asorie and Memnoch are veterans, and Gareas is an Administrator.
Also - People who are currently couples shouldn't be voted as Most Likely To Get Together - this is for people who are NOT already couples. By 'Get Together', I mean 'Become A Couple'.
Also - Let's keep it fun :) GO! Nominate!

Nominations will close 12pm Saturday (23rd of November) GMT. Or if I'm not there then, it'll be when I next arrive.

Big thanks to Nicky and Wyllius for helping me come up with the new awards. Y'ah kew.

Mikztsu
11-17-2002, 05:32 PM
Yarrr, I love Ciddies.>=P Always so interesting, they are. I just hope we would see some new faces winning something this time.*_*

Linus
11-17-2002, 05:47 PM
I was considering making an awards thread this week! Oh well, silly Bob beat me to it.

11-17-2002, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Linus
I was considering making an awards thread this week! Oh well, silly Bob beat me to it.

Actually, Sill BoB has made these awards official and they happen in June/November every year ;) *boasts or something*

Del Murder
11-17-2002, 05:56 PM
Wow, already? Cool, I like these.

Aww, you mean I can't nominate Award Guy for all of them? He's so sexy.

Linus
11-17-2002, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Award Guy
Actually, Sill BoB has made these awards official and they happen in June/November every year ;) *boasts or something*

I was just filling out nominations and picked myself for like 10 of them. But then I thought about the "no nominating yourself more than twice" rule. What will you do if someone has more than two nominations for themself? Do you pick which category they nominate themself for?

11-17-2002, 06:21 PM
I reply and tell them what they've done and ask them if they want changes, and tell them I'll only use the first two if they don't get back to me by closing time.

Flamethrower
11-17-2002, 06:27 PM
37) Be George Bush

Which Bush? The first one or Dubya?

ZeZipster
11-17-2002, 07:37 PM
42) Post themselves to another country
LMAO, I'm going to convince my brother to do that.

Rainecloud
11-17-2002, 07:50 PM
Good luck to everyone involved in the awards.

Let us hope that deserving Members will actually win the awards this time.

*Sends Nominations*

Nait
11-17-2002, 08:03 PM
<i>Now?</i>

<i>Where</i> does the time <i>go</i>?

Shoyku
11-17-2002, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Nait
<i>Where</i> does the time <i>go</i>?
In my pants!

11-17-2002, 08:51 PM
I think it's a well known fact that the longer you're at EoFF, the closer these awards feel to be. *nods*

White Raven
11-17-2002, 08:53 PM
Ah yes, this again...*sigh*
...wasn't nominated in the past, won't be nominated for anything this time...

Teek
11-17-2002, 08:58 PM
God, I hate doing these. They take so long.

Heh, I'll wait until tommarow. *procrastinates*

11-17-2002, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by White Raven
Ah yes, this again...*sigh*
...wasn't nominated in the past, won't be nominated for anything this time...

See, I was about to nominate you, but you said that you won't be getting any nominations, so I didn't. >=P It's better to be confident, yeah.

Oh, and if anyone's getting annoyed with the awful process of figuring out who is a Regular and who is a Newbie, Advanced Search is your friend.

Go to the memberlist, click on Advanced Search (top left option).

Joined after: 2002-03-16
Joined before: 2002-08-17
All of them are Regulars. There are a lot, so if you want to get just the active members, you can shove something adequate into the 'Post count is greater than...' thing and you should be alright. That's what I did :)

For Newbies, just do 'Joined after: 2002-08-17' and you'll be sorted.

EDIT: Wrong months >_* *fixed*

Chemical
11-17-2002, 09:06 PM
Mm. Awardness... this was always a great thing to do with everyone. I can't say I know too many people here now except all the old-bies.

^_^ I think I'll vote, but I can't promise it will be an updated version... it'll probably be ... a nostalgic voting thingy. :D

*winks*

White Raven
11-17-2002, 09:17 PM
See, I was about to nominate you, but you said that you won't be getting any nominations, so I didn't. >=P It's better to be confident, yeah.

Er...um...yes...in that case...*becomes confident and hopes people will nominate me if I nominate them*
^-^ Better?

11-17-2002, 09:21 PM
Yeah, it's always good to have the right attitude. :)

Also - Memnoch, Gareas and Asorie are all NOT Newbies. Asorie and Memnoch are veterans, and Gareas is an Administrator.
Also - People who are currently couples shouldn't be voted as Most Likely To Get Together - this is for people who are NOT already couples. By 'Get Together', I mean 'Become A Couple'.

I've added that to the rules at the top, I just thought it should be pointed out.

Meldon
11-17-2002, 09:30 PM
Can we vote Award Guy for anything, lol?

Del Murder
11-17-2002, 09:41 PM
Aren't post counts disabled and you can't search that way?

And thus we will never know who is active.

Rirse
11-17-2002, 09:44 PM
It been a while since I seen one of theses. Pray I don't win "Worst Grammar" again, as that was just wrong...but funny at the same time.

11-17-2002, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Del Murder
Aren't post counts disabled and you can't search that way?

And thus we will never know who is active.

Do it the way I said, and it should work. Advanced searches can detect post counts, regardless as to what they show up as. It doesn't order them or anything.

Dark Holy
11-17-2002, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Umi_Butterfly
Mm. Awardness... this was always a great thing to do with everyone. I can't say I know too many people here now except all the old-bies.

^_^ I think I'll vote, but I can't promise it will be an updated version... it'll probably be ... a nostalgic voting thingy. :D

*winks*
Ummm. . . how long have you been back? I thought you left forever a long time ago, but here you are, and this is the first time I've noticed you since then. Wierd. . .

Also, what's a Gareas? Where did it come from? And how come I've never heard of it?

Anyways. . . good categories this time, I especially like #40. Ha ha ha!

Sakura Yume
11-17-2002, 11:49 PM
<font color=#AFEEEE>Just like how Loony BoB ISN'T a newbie. :p *refuses to nominate* I will vote when the time comes...

11-17-2002, 11:52 PM
At this rate, there will never be any finals >_< People need to nominate :(

Melted Snowman
11-17-2002, 11:58 PM
I nominate RSL for everything.

... :{

Spuuky
11-18-2002, 02:02 AM
When do these nominations end?

Spatvark
11-18-2002, 02:18 AM
Nominations will close between 12pm Saturday (23rd of November) and 12pm Sunday (24th November), GMT. Or if I'm not there then, it'll be when I next arrive.

'nuff said Spuuky

Blizzard
11-18-2002, 02:37 AM
super-duper-mega-uber-w00t!

I'm a regular! *Dance*

But I'll never get nominated for anything so meh the regularness ;-;

ShivaBlizzard8
11-18-2002, 03:10 AM
Perfect! I needed something else to help me avoid homework tonight! Contests rock. *nominates*

Agent Proto
11-18-2002, 03:12 AM
I already nominated. =D There's so many great potential nominees for so many, yet, I could only nominate one person for each. :( I left a few blank, since I don't know who to nominate. :p

MoogleRush
11-18-2002, 03:17 AM
When will voting start? :)

Agent Proto
11-18-2002, 03:18 AM
I think later this month, like maybe next week? *dunno*

MoogleRush
11-18-2002, 03:21 AM
* crosses fingers and hopes to be able to vote *

I'll only be able to show my mug here at EoFF until November 28. :( I hope voting starts before that day.

bennator
11-18-2002, 04:25 AM
Zips away his nominations, awaits the voting!

Danni
11-18-2002, 05:19 AM
Wow, I totally forgot about these things coming up. =X

I really don't know many people except the older members around here, due to my frequent absences from here. =X I'll nominate people anyways, when I get more time later this week.

*also hopes for interesting results this time*

Peegee
11-18-2002, 05:57 AM
Hey 'award guy', does your inbox ever get filled? I just wondered about that just now, as there are so many EoFF members that u probably can't support a few hours of PMs.

with that said, I think I'll fill in my ballot now, before nap

Alpha
11-18-2002, 06:00 AM
*<s>bribes</s> hugs everyone*

Rydia of Mist
11-18-2002, 07:46 AM
w00t! Another round of Ciddies where I get to lose Best Admin to either Bleys or Unne! Wheeeeeee!!! =DDDDD

Nojiko
11-18-2002, 10:52 AM
*wishes he could participate* ;p

Should be fun to watch though. Good luck to all the people involved! :D!

*hopes people he knows win* >;D

Kami
11-18-2002, 12:43 PM
meh.. i don't want to nominate anyone. i'll just sit back and watch this one.

Citizen Bleys
11-18-2002, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Rydia of Mist
w00t! Another round of Ciddies where I get to lose Best Admin to either Bleys or Unne! Wheeeeeee!!! =DDDDD

Nah, everybody's going to be all, "What happened to Bleys? I haven't seen him around...and who's this new "Gareas" flik...Ah, well, I guess I'll just vote for Mäjken instead, at least I know who she is"

chionos
11-18-2002, 03:08 PM
You don't really realize how well you know(or don't know) the people of eoff until something like this. There's just too many friggin people here now. I wonder if we'll ever reach 10,000...5k isn't too far away

Shlup
11-18-2002, 03:54 PM
Alright! A pleasant surprise to start my day.How... pleasant.

You gonna post the results from last tmie, BoBBie-o?

I Love Shoyku
11-18-2002, 06:17 PM
12) Sexiest Male

:D

Anyways, I'm gonna put it my ballot now. *votes*. Good luck to everyone.

Dark Holy
11-18-2002, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Dark Holy
Also, what's a Gareas? Where did it come from? And how come I've never heard of it?

Originally posted by Gareas
Nah, everybody's going to be all, "What happened to Bleys? I haven't seen him around...and who's this new "Gareas" flik...Ah, well, I guess I'll just vote for Mäjken instead, at least I know who she is"

Hi Bleys.

edczxcvbnm
11-18-2002, 06:41 PM
Most likely to be George Bush? No one deserves that kind of disgrace. It is just horrible.

11-18-2002, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by ShlupQuack
You gonna post the results from last tmie, BoBBie-o?

Well, all the big competitions can be found in the EoFF Awards Archive (http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=45), but I don't post them here because I prefer not to give people ideas. It's better if people post new people rather than see the old winners and think "Hey, yeah!" and vote them again.

*lame*

Sakura Yume
11-18-2002, 09:36 PM
<font color=#AFEEEE>*recognises people through sigs and avatars* *spots Bleys immediately* xD Nice try... *stalks*</font>

*wishes he could participate* ;p

Should be fun to watch though. Good luck to all the people involved! !

*hopes people he knows win* >;D

<font color=#AFEEEE>Bleys'll win. *nods* That's HotT btw.

Linus
11-18-2002, 11:03 PM
Here are a couple of banners to help with the cause.

COME ON, DON'T PROCRASTINATE!
GET OFF YOUR BUTTS AND NOMINATE!

http://loonybob.homestead.com/files/supercid.gif

http://loonybob.homestead.com/files/superlinus.gif

Kalen
11-18-2002, 11:09 PM
Lovely, Joshy. ;) *was forced to nominate*

The Amazing Spiderman
11-18-2002, 11:23 PM
Oye! esa es una corona! hurra! :D

Say, I send my PM, but repeated many, and didn't see the rule. aw chucks.

m4tt
11-18-2002, 11:39 PM
I refuse to nominate. You cannot force me, Daniel.

11-18-2002, 11:55 PM
That's it. No more riding for you. Ever.

;_; I thought you cared.

ZeZipster
11-18-2002, 11:57 PM
I refuse to nominate. You cannot force me, Daniel.

That's what you think.

Dun-dun-dun.

m4tt
11-19-2002, 01:18 AM
That's it. No more riding for you. Ever.

;_; I thought you cared.

:O

That's going way to far, Daniel. Is it so bad that I don't want to nominate? I can never think of people who deserve it. I will vote though, yeesh.

Halan
11-19-2002, 01:24 AM
I dun wanna nominate either. *goes over and sits with Mat...erm Gau ;_;*

11-19-2002, 01:29 AM
Okay, since nobody (and by nobody, I mean less than half the amount from last time) wants to nominate, I'm gonna change it to 'I will start voting on Sunday only if I have enough nominations (ie, at LEAST 50, the last times I've had over 60-80 each time). So... yeah. I still have four awards with not a single person having over one nomination >_<;;

bennator
11-19-2002, 01:35 AM
Why don't you nominate people you think should fill the spots if you don't have enough nominations, or allow double nominations?

Leeza
11-19-2002, 01:39 AM
We still have 5 days. Don't rush me!

Del Murder
11-19-2002, 01:55 AM
Don't get your panties in an uproar AG.

Leeza
11-19-2002, 06:49 AM
Okay, most of my nominations are in. I'll have to ponder on a few of them.

escobert
11-19-2002, 02:20 PM
I wanna be most likely to be a druggie!!!:mog:

Streetspirit
11-19-2002, 05:24 PM
No thread-killer nomination?
Man, that was my only hope. Remember this when I jump out of the window:(

Burtsplurt
11-19-2002, 08:12 PM
Wow, I think I nominated about five different people. Is it just me, or does anyone else draw a complete blank with members when Ciddie time comes around?

11-19-2002, 09:29 PM
Don't think that your votes don't count. Pretty much every set of nominations I get, another two-ten people make it into the finals of something.

Del Murder
11-20-2002, 12:22 AM
Some of you non vets need to nominate! I don't want to see a bunch of old members who never post anymore go up there. Where's the fun in that? It's up to you guys!

ZeZipster
11-20-2002, 12:36 AM
Non-vet? Meh, I prefer newb or that-weirdo-who-came-out-of-no-where.

I'd vote, but I hardly know people here, there all so confusing and nice / crazy the kind of crazy-nice that makes me want turn crazy-nice too and invite non-offensive crazy-nice words like meef.

11-20-2002, 12:45 AM
Anyone can nominate. You don't have to be sure that the person deserves to be the absoloute perfect fit for the award - these are nominations, after all. Nominate the people that you think COULD be right, and when the voting comes, you get a better idea since you get multi-choice. *nods*

So yeah, what Del Murder said. PLEASE, nominate =D

Awrini
11-20-2002, 01:02 AM
Ahh.. not these again... Time sure does go by quickly...

*wanders off to ponder nominations*

CloudDragon
11-20-2002, 01:05 AM
<font color=22E477>Just wait, after I nominated, a lot of those 0/something spots will be filled. I can feel it. Also I know that I won't get many, if any nominations. Last time I had like one or something. Oh well, its still fun nominating and voting. Well, I guess i'll get to that.

*steals the nominations, burns them, replaces them with new and improved nominations* Mwaha!

Loony BoB
11-20-2002, 01:08 AM
Aww. My spiffy Ciddies-book.

m4tt
11-20-2002, 01:11 AM
I nominated, only because Danny cried. ;_;

11-20-2002, 01:15 AM
5 members later, 29 more finalist positions filled =D Progress am goal.

Kami
11-20-2002, 01:38 AM
roffelmeow: omg, nominate me later because I nominated you for best avatar and stuff
XxKaMi1004xX: k
XxKaMi1004xX: lol
XxKaMi1004xX: i will

*sigh..* i'm going to have to nominate now..

can life get any better than this?

Del Murder
11-20-2002, 01:39 AM
See? Bribery always works.

CloudDragon
11-20-2002, 01:41 AM
<font color=22E477>Indeed it does. So Del...you're looking mighty handsome today. *IMs Del secretly to talk about...'business'.

...anyway, I'm almost finished with homework so I will nominated very soon.

HOORJ
11-20-2002, 02:50 AM
http://www.page350.com/support.gif

Del Murder
11-20-2002, 02:58 AM
Yes I have, and you are proving why right now.

CloudDragon
11-20-2002, 03:00 AM
<font color=22E477>Same here. Finally finished those nominations. I have a huge variety of different people. I couldn't see me falling under any of the categories really. It was really hard to nominate this time, and time consuming.:o

GrimmReaper
11-20-2002, 03:13 AM
hmm.i wonder if i'll be nominated for something. :p

Aika
11-20-2002, 03:21 AM
reminds everyone that Aika has only been here for less than a month :D

*passes out complimentary sushi*

Bloodstone
11-20-2002, 04:00 AM
*gobbles up a sushi*

Heh, I'm back from yet another one of my sudden disappearing acts from EOFF (I bet no one noticed). Nice new banner, Sephy has definitely more class than Aki Ross. And nice new "attack" option, too bad it's just an image.

I'm both busy and lazy these days, but I'll see if I have time later to post any nominations. And I think the new restrictive rules are what's making the turn out of nominations slow.

Burtsplurt
11-20-2002, 09:14 AM
Are the rules any different from last time? I just assumed they were the same and PMd my nominations without looking at the rules. The only one that usually matters is the "can't vote for one member more than 5 times". There is an awful lot of fineprint though, I'll take a look.

See? Bribery always works.

I'm going to make you an offer you can't refuse.

Loony BoB
11-20-2002, 12:54 PM
Same rules as last time, yeah. Just elaborated due to questions that were asked last time, I try to make everything answered in the first post.

Nojiko
11-20-2002, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Sakura Yume
<font color=#AFEEEE>*recognises people through sigs and avatars* *spots Bleys immediately* xD Nice try... *stalks*</font>

<font color=#AFEEEE>Bleys'll win. *nods* That's HotT btw.

I know who Bley's is! If I didn't I've have to run away from my keyboard crying. xD

*get out pom-poms* Go Tammy, Go Bleys, if none of you win I'll go into a gaze! :o *dies*

White Raven
11-20-2002, 04:54 PM
Does anyone know who are couples around here?

*receives PM from Leeza*

Okay, thanks:)

11-20-2002, 08:00 PM
*dies* Okay, I've just spent a few hours tallying every members individual total, and the overall total of nominations. So far, 1159 nominations have been made (although, couples have been counted as two nominations). Given that last times overall nominations for the week was 1598, it's looking pretty good =D And there have been 172 member nominated! That's so kew. Whee...

Spuuky
11-21-2002, 05:07 AM
Don't blame me. I voted for Nader.

Del Murder
11-21-2002, 05:12 AM
If Spuuky wins Funniest Member I'm going to kill myself.

Spatvark
11-21-2002, 05:22 AM
Some of my nominations might seem pretty shocking to you lot... heh heh heh

MoogleRush
11-21-2002, 05:23 AM

Can I watch?

Spuuky
11-21-2002, 05:26 AM
If Spuuky wins Funniest Member I'm going to kill myself. And I'm pretty sure that seals my victory.

Mikztsu
11-21-2002, 05:32 AM

Originally posted by Spuuky
And I'm pretty sure that seals my victory.

Haha, funny stuff.=P Die Mr.Murder!

Del Murder
11-21-2002, 06:06 AM
Dear lord, what Pandora's Box have I just opened?

Leeza
11-21-2002, 06:08 AM
A Funny one, apparently. :)

Kalen
11-21-2002, 07:40 AM
Yes, Pigeon is a funny little fellow.

Chemical
11-21-2002, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Dark Holy
Ummm. . . how long have you been back? I thought you left forever a long time ago, but here you are, and this is the first time I've noticed you since then. Wierd. . .

Anyways. . . good categories this time, I especially like #40. Ha ha ha!

I've been "back" for maybe... four days. Three?

Hmm.. I'm usually a EoFF-binger. Come for a while, stay away a long while. Come for a dew days leave forever.

It's a very unballanced and thus unhealthy relation I have with this place, but I.. just.. can't seem to stay away for good. @.@

Anyways, so I'm not spamming...

Nominations - Yay!
Award Guy - Boo! Cancelled!

11-21-2002, 10:22 PM
Boo? Cancelled?

EDIT: Deadline will be Saturday 12pm GMT or soon after if people are in the midst of doing them in a mad rush :p

Conqueror Cats
11-22-2002, 01:40 AM
So, the most underrated member will really be the one who gets the fewest votes. Technically speaking.

Shoyku
11-22-2002, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by Conqueror Cats
So, the most underrated member will really be the one who gets the fewest votes. Technically speaking.
Well, there are a ton of members who don't get any votes. So...

The Man
11-22-2002, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Purgatory
Some of my nominations might seem pretty shocking to you lot... heh heh heh Ditto.

Do it the way I said, and it should work. Advanced searches can detect post counts, regardless as to what they show up as. It doesn't order them or anything.It also doesn't seem very accurate, as I searched out of boredom at one point for members with over 4000 posts and Mäjken, who'd have to have around 3000 posts in the staff forum by the results I got by searching for her, came up as one of the results.

Peace
Aaron

Mikztsu
11-22-2002, 05:31 PM
*finally nominated* =)

Loony BoB
11-22-2002, 11:22 PM
So far...

48 overall sets of nominations.
1395 total nominations.
180 members nominated.
71 members in the finals so far.

'Close But No Cigar' Award tally: 11 nominations.

N) Award - number of finalists so far/number of people who have been nominated at all

1) Best Member - 6/16
2) Best Male - 10/21
3) Best Female - 7/15
4) Best Admin (no nominations)
5) Best Cid's Knight (no nominations)
6) Best Recognized Member (no nominations)
7) Best Veteran (see rules) - 5/19
8) Best Regular (see rules) - 3/12
9) Best Newbie (see rules) - 5/9
10) Nicest Member - 5/21
11) Evilest Member - 7/15
12) Sexiest Male - 5/21
13) Sexiest Female - 5/19
14) Cutest Male - 5/16
15) Cutest Female - 6/19
16) Best Custom Rank - 3/24
17) Best Avatar - 7/21
18) Best Signature - 3/20
19) Best Artist - 6/13
20) Best Writer - 4/12
21) Best Spammer - 4/11
22) Funniest Member - 10/17
23) Weirdest Member - 10/17
24) Most Aggressive Member - 5/16
25) Most Submissive Member - 1/16
26) Most Disturbing Member - 7/120
27) Most Underrated Member - 2/32
28) Most Helpful Member - 7/18
29) Most Productive Member - 5/12
30) Cutest Couple - 5/10

Most Likely To...
31) Become a Cid's Knight - 5/18
32) Become a Recognized Member - 9/17
33) Get Banned - 4/17
34) Be a Druggie - 5/15
35) Be a Drug Dealer - 6/16
36) Be a Stalker - 4/21
37) Be George Bush - 5/21
38) Compete in the next Olympic Games - 1/19
39) Go insane, should EoFF disappear - 6/14
40) Be smuggling zero-posters at EoFF as slaves - 4/14
41) Have eaten a genetically enhanced vegetable, contracted a man made disease, died, and have arisen as a Vegetable Person Superhero who spends his spare time posting at Eyes on Final Fantasy. - 8/23
42) Post themselves to another country - 4/14
43) Write a book on EoFF - 7/15
44) Fall and not be able to get up - 5/21
45) Get hit by a bus - 3/28
46) Be driving the bus - 8/20
47) Laugh at the member getting hit by the bus - 6/22
48) Be Pinky - 6/14
49) Be Brain - 4/20
50) Get Together - 2/19 (but even two is good for that one, it's expected)

Del Murder
11-23-2002, 01:11 AM
Wait, how do you know that if Award Guy is the one who has all the nominations?

Awrini
11-23-2002, 01:13 AM
*blah* Damn that really took longer than expected... but hey they are in... *dies* Well thats that... *waits for results*

11-23-2002, 01:15 AM
Me and BoB go way back. He's okay... kinda. But yeah, he doesn't know names... or... something.

So, uh, the current records for nominations are:
61 sets - June 2002
1592 nominations total - November 2001

So far:
51 sets, 1419 total nominations. And goin' up... *fingers crossed*

That's about four full sets of nominations to go for the big one.

Alpha
11-23-2002, 02:02 AM
I must have spent a good half hour on those nominations. Funny, after seeing about 4 of these awards, i've never sent in nominations before. Probably because of the fact that <i>I</i> got nominated for the first time earlier this year. It's the whole motivation thing.

White Raven
11-23-2002, 03:04 AM
Ta-Da!

I finally finished all my nominations. Hopefully it'll be worth the effort in the end!

*PM's Award Guy*

ZeZipster
11-23-2002, 04:37 AM
You put effort in yours? I thought of some names and typed them in as they came to my mind.

Rirse
11-23-2002, 05:28 AM
I will vote tommorow, but if it ends soon, I bet I know where I going to win anyways.

Cz
11-23-2002, 10:52 AM
Wait, how do you know that if Award Guy is the one who has all the nominations?

I'll field that question.

You see, many years ago, BoB was put on the Congan Mafia's 'Most Wanted' list for stealing the Don's acorn collection. Since then, BoB and Award guy have been telepathically linked, lest the Mafia attempt an assassination.

Originally posted by <s>Award Guy</s>Loony BoB
71 members in the finals so far.

That's 71 different members, right?

11-23-2002, 11:44 AM
xD I should hope so.

There's about... 15 minutes left, but I'll let it go until when I've finished lunch, methinks. So... give it an hour or so.

Shlup
11-23-2002, 11:56 AM
Aw, 'cmon! I wanna see before I go to bed. :mog:

11-23-2002, 01:34 PM
1622 nominations... 12 away from a new record, baby! *keeps it open for ten minutes just to break the record*

I'll release the results in a new thread At around 12-4pm PST, 8pm-12am GMT.

Squally Leonharty
11-23-2002, 01:39 PM
Voted as well. [/late response] :p

Pretty cool. Keep it up, Daniel. *licks* :D

11-23-2002, 01:41 PM
xD Psybur sent me nominations.

Four of 'em. *falls over* You guys are teasing me. I know it.

Loony BoB
11-23-2002, 02:26 PM
I hear the nominations have been closed off now. Ace.

EDIT: 1635 nominations total! xD TWO MORE THAN THE PREVIOUS RECORD! I love you guys.

Del Murder
11-23-2002, 05:05 PM
I think Most Productive Member should be replaced with Most <i>Over</i>productive Member next time.

ZeZipster
11-23-2002, 06:05 PM
I think you think to much.

Election Booth
11-23-2002, 06:41 PM
Jolly well done.

Loony BoB
11-23-2002, 09:19 PM
Moving on... (http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26968)