PDA

View Full Version : What's this?

Ashi
11-20-2002, 07:35 PM
Lately I've been having this problem (or just for the last few days). I have to refresh each page five times in order for it to show up half-right. The first three times to get rid of the "Cannot Find Server"/"Page Cannot Be Displayed" page. The other two (or more) to fix the broken images.

I asked some people about this, they said I should use windows update. I'm trying. The problem is, I have no idea "what" I should be updating. I try to select internet related stuff, but the download just stops halfway and I get to the "Cannot Find Server" page again.

Any ideas? :O

Lord Nathor
11-20-2002, 07:41 PM
Update everything... It's an idea. Maybe long with a 56ko... But could prouve usefull... Other way : open ms-dos and type format c:, then press enter...

Other idea : delete Windows! Get Linus.

Nait
11-20-2002, 08:57 PM
http://www.opera.com/

Been using it for a few days, runs SMOOOOOOOOTHLAYH *smooch*. (for some reason I didn't take V. 7, but I bet it was important, take 6.x)

Mozilla (the one Unne's gonna suggest) is pretty hard on your hardware. :(

Originally posted by Lord Nathor Other way : open ms-dos and type format c:, then press enter...

In the name of Dog, do not do this.

Other idea : delete Windows! Get Linus.

I don't think he's of any use in this case.

But on a related note, why not consider crying over the geekness that is

<h1>L I N U X ?</h1><sub>Created in Finland</sub>

Guaranteed sleepless nights over configuring 300k lines of system configuration code!

Dr Unne
11-20-2002, 09:36 PM
Maybe try clearing out your internet cache. Might be full or something. Or get Opera. Or Mozilla, better yet. It's no harder on your hardware than IE is.

Yamaneko
11-20-2002, 10:16 PM
Opera doesn't display tables right for me, hence EoFF is unviewable for me. I recommend like Unne said to clean out you intetrnet cache, that or get Mozilla or Phoenix (same thing... kind of). Can you believe there is a browser out there that is free and is better than IE.:p

crono_logical
11-20-2002, 10:49 PM
OPera 5.12 displays vbulletin boards fine for me :p

But since you seemed to have problems even with the Windows Update, it could well be your ISP or connection that's the problem - so try again later :p

Dr Unne
11-21-2002, 01:13 AM
<i>Can you believe there is a browser out there that is free and is better than IE.</i>

Yes. Not that hard to believe, is it?

Opera doesn't display tables right for me either. It interprets HTML too strictly or something.

crono_logical
11-21-2002, 03:06 AM
OK, so it gets the widths wrong by making them as small as possible, but at leat it's viewable nicely :p

Nait
11-21-2002, 04:25 PM
Well at least Phoenix was pretty heavy. >=|

Yes, Opera seems to be too strict with tables, BUT I MEH TO THAT!!! >=OOOO

Leeza
11-23-2002, 05:49 PM
I've been having the same problem as Tatum, but it's only in EoFF. Everything is okay when I go to any other site. Is it possible that it's something from the EoFF end of things and not Windows?

Rydia of Mist
11-23-2002, 06:26 PM
It's not your computer. It's GameSquad. There's something funky goin' down with them right now, but we have no idea what. In any case, it's mucking up people's ability to browse the forums. I assume it should be back to normal in a day or so.

Hopefully.

edczxcvbnm
11-27-2002, 05:50 PM
When is this crap going to stop? It isn't getting any better and it can be quite annoying at times when you just want to relax and cruise.

crono_logical
11-28-2002, 01:07 AM
http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27080