PDA

View Full Version : Random 404 that really is not a 404. Under God.

LH
11-22-2002, 07:57 PM
Does anyone keep experiencing a random 404 on this site? After an average of five minutes of use of eyesonff.com, I randomly get a 404 that I don't believe to really be a missing file. Why? Because three minutes later the forums and site are working just fine with a bunch of other people using them too. And it only happens on this site and this site only for me, so I don't think it is anything on my end.

The Man
11-23-2002, 04:25 AM
It's doing that for me, too, as is FF:WA, which is on the same server, so I think it's a host-related problem, yes. *murders LameSquad for sucking so much*

Ah, how I love my forum's paid Yahoo hosting... I don't have to put up with any of this crap like 404s every two minutes and two popup ads per page. ;)

Peace
Aaron

Dr Unne
11-23-2002, 05:15 AM
Not doing that for me, but probably host related. Such is life.

DarkCloud
11-23-2002, 05:41 AM
Yeah, the 404 error seems to be a host problem. My cable modem was running just fine during the time I got the 404 error.

BTW, I always seem to get that error about 5 minutes or so into entering this site...like LH said.

Burtsplurt
11-23-2002, 12:29 PM
It seems to be okay for me as well, but I've had 404s at other sites which are quickly resolved by using the refresh button.

Ah, how I love my forum's paid Yahoo hosting... I don't have to put up with any of this crap like 404s every two minutes and two popup ads per page. (Aaron)

Yeah, but paying for hosting EoFF would equate to paying a lot of money. I think this place is just fine the way it is, pop-ups and all :).

Citizen Bleys
11-25-2002, 01:38 PM
I'm getting 'em, but I can't afford to pay for hosting right now.