PDA

View Full Version : Visual Studio problem.

Shoeberto
11-24-2002, 03:21 AM
<font color="#009999">
Okay, I installed a copy of MS Visual Studio my friend gave me, thinking I might try and do something with it. But I never did, so I tried getting rid of it. It didn't have an uninstaller, so I just deleted the folder in Program Files that it was installed to.

But whenever there's some sort of problem that it thinks it should debug, I still get the pop-up error. I've tried using regedit and clearing out all the things that say Visual Studio, but I still get it. It's really annoying since a bunch of pages and a couple of programs I use pop up with this error. Is there any way to keep the debug message from showing up?

Dr Unne
11-24-2002, 06:04 AM
If you uninstall it the right way that'd probably do it. Maybe if you reinstalled it and then uninstall it it'll work. There should be an Add/Remove entry for it. Don't know why there wouldn't be.

Citizen Bleys
11-24-2002, 02:55 PM
Yeah, you have to go into add/remove programs.

I'd never uninstall Visual Studio, though. *s3x0rz Visual Studio*

Endless
11-24-2002, 05:30 PM
The entry (for my copy) in the add/remove tab is "Microsoft Visual Studio < your edition here >". So, yeah it has an uninstall prog :p

Shoeberto
11-24-2002, 08:09 PM
<font color="#009999">
I didn't see an uninstaller when I had it. I looked in the folder on the start menu and looked through all the folders in the Program Files folder and I don't think I saw one.

I'll try the add/remove thing, though.

(I uninstalled it 'cause I realized I'm waaay too lazy to learn any programming languages)