PDA

View Full Version : Snes9XW emulator problems...

Shoyku
11-30-2002, 03:43 AM
If I'm unable to fix this problem, then I'm convinced, I'm destined to be unable to finish Final Fantasy 6.

When I wanted to start up Snes9XW, it starts up minimized, but when I click on it on the taskbar, nothing appears. It just stays minimized within the taskbar, what should I do to fix this?

crono_logical
11-30-2002, 04:50 AM
Have you changed resolutions lately? If you changed to a bigger one with less pixels on the screen, the window may be appearing off the edge of the screen where you obviously can't see it. Try right-clicking the taskbar icon an choosing move, then use the arrow keys not mouse to bring it back on screen - it should jump back straight away in one move anyway when it realises it's not on screen.

Or use ZSNES instead - much better, and it can read Snes9x save states and battery saves :D

Shoyku
11-30-2002, 04:58 AM
It wasn't the resolution, so I guess I have to convert to ZSnes, which isn't a bad thing at all.

Blue Headed Man
12-05-2002, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by Shoyku
It wasn't the resolution, so I guess I have to convert to ZSnes, which isn't a bad thing at all.

..and the point of the topic was :D

Try dragging it. But, like you said, you have to use ZSNES.

Dr Unne
12-05-2002, 04:48 AM
See if there's some kind of .ini or .cfg file in the SNES9XW directory, and if so, delete it (or more safely, move it to somewhere else). That should reset the config options for the program and it should load the defaults, hopefully. If it worked before but now it doesn't, you might've messed up a graphics or sound (who knows) option in the program. You could try reinstalling the program somewhere else too and copying your ROMs and savegame / savestates over so you don't lose them all.