PDA

View Full Version : A survey to those who've played KH

Sefie1999AD
11-30-2002, 11:18 AM
Here's a couple of questions about Kingdom Hearts. Answer those that you can.

1) Have you played Kingdom Hearts on Normal or Expert difficulty, or possibly both?

2) How many hours did it take you to finish the game? (if you finished it)

3) Have you done all the side-quests?

4) Have you ever seen the secret ending?

5) In 1-5 scale, how would you rate the difficulty of the game in Normal and in Expert difficulty? (1 = very easy, 2 = easy, 3 = average, 4 = hard, 5 = very hard)

6) What was your favorite part in the game? (if your reply contains spoilers, please mark them)

7) What was your least favorite part in the game? (if your reply contains spoilers, please mark them)

8) Who was your favorite character in Kingdom Hearts? (again, use spoiler tags if your reply has spoilers)

9) Vote on the poll.

Ouch!
11-30-2002, 01:38 PM
1) I have played both, but am only half way through on expert. I've been playing my new game instead lately.

2) It took me 50 hours, but I tend to play through it slowly making myself be high leveled and such.

3) Almost, just those stupid extra bosses.

4) Yes I have, it was well worth it too.

5) Not exactly easy to rate expert because since I've played through already it's easier than it would have been.
Normal: 3
Expert: 4

6) Battle against Riku/Ansem the second time in Hallow Bastion, that whole thing was just awesome.

7) Well if you can call most frustrating least favorite I'd have to say The last room before the Final Rest in the End of the World. There were so many heartless and they just kept coming.

8) Riku, just 'cause he was so awesome, as was the game.

9) Votes accordingly.

Thought IMO the final fantasy characters were just cheap cameos, that had little part.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-30-2002, 04:53 PM
1) Just Expert. *tough*

2) About 71. Loved every minute of it.

3) Oh yes, every last one.

4) Oh yes, and it's so cool.

5) Usually 3-4, 5 a couple times, then 1-2 by the time you get to Level 100 and the Heartless just don't stand a chance anymore. Save for a couple crazy-hard side-bosses, of course.

6) Neverland, baby. Every single part of it was pure love except how they introduced the Crocodile. And once the gang gets into the upper upper levels, fighting in the Coliseum tournaments becomes a great pleasure, too.

7) I tell ya it was all good, but it was pretty disorienting when Sora and the gang were first dumped into Atlantica and had to get a grip on the controls for ascent and descent while swimming. The fact that the Mermaid Kick ability interferes with the rising motion didn't help much, either.

8) All things considered... Tigger.

9) Oh yes indeed.

Lord Chainsaw
12-01-2002, 01:38 AM
1) Have you played Kingdom Hearts on Normal or Expert difficulty, or possibly both?

Only Expert. I picked the shield, so it wasn't that hard. I figure the longer you live, the more times you can hit the enemy, which is why I didn't pick the sword.

2) How many hours did it take you to finish the game? (if you finished it) Completely? About 50. Regularly? About 30.

Yes. I am currently fighting around Traverse Town to get enough ingredients to synthesize more Def and Strength Ups and max out my stats at 100.

4) Have you ever seen the (POSSIBLE SPOILER): secret ending? Yes. It sucked.

5) In 1-5 scale, how would you rate the difficulty of the game in Normal and in Expert difficulty? (1 = very easy, 2 = easy, 3 = average, 4 = hard, 5 = very hard)
Probably a 3.

6) What was your favorite part in the game? (if your reply contains spoilers, please mark them)
Traverse Town, first time. Hollow Bastion. The End of the World.

7) What was your least favorite part in the game? (if your reply contains spoilers, please mark them)
Atlantica. I hate swimming.

8) Who was your favorite character in Kingdom Hearts? (again, use spoiler tags if your reply has spoilers) Aeris of course. But besides that, Ansem. Billy Zane > you.

Liquid Glass
12-02-2002, 02:00 AM
normal, half way through expert, i lost my first file.

uh, i think 76? i messed around a ton.

all but 2, utimate weapon, and all trinities. Colisuem becomes easy at level 75+

4) Have you ever seen the (POSSIBLE SPOILER): secret ending?
OH yeah, just before i lost my file, THAT WAS SWEET!

all benomoths=1 which means, FUN, platium match=6 HARD!!! game overall= 3-5 but really fun.

uh, the Hollow bastion boss fights, destiny islands intro, end of game, secret ending, tranverse town, too many to list

the whole agrabah was irratating, launched you into the level to fast, and aladdin and the genie where introduced akwardly, hollow bastion was frustarting for me, get to the top, fall of by mistake, jezz!
8) Who was your favorite character in Kingdom Hearts? (again, use spoiler tags if your reply has spoilers)

9) Vote on the poll.
* votes on 1st option *

Shoyku
12-02-2002, 08:30 PM
I've played both Normal and Expert.

Around 30 or so hours on both difficulties.

Yes.

Yes, and it was quite cool.

Normal - 2 / Expert - 2.5

Either seeing Cloud for the first time or seeing Sephiroth's entrance.

Not sure if this is a spoiler but... Monstros! God did I ever hate Monstros!

Riku.

9) Vote on the poll.
*does so*

abrojtm
12-03-2002, 02:07 AM
Oh Lord, someone please change my vote from "What's Kingdom Hearts?" to the first one *dies*

1. Normal
2. Honestly, I frogot... but it was A LOT
3. All but Phantom- and if you count getting all of the Trinities.
4. Yes-very confusing
5. 3
6. Fighting Sephiroth even though I was slaughtered.
7. Patiently getting enough Dark Matters from Mushrooms to synthesise Ultima Weapon XD
8. Sora while he was a Heartless
9. Done :D

Advent Child
12-04-2002, 11:58 PM
Both

25?

Yes

4) Have you ever seen the (SPOILER)
Yes

On expert mode, it gets rather hard. on normal mode it's not too hard

fighting ansem for the first time, he was hard, but fun.

None! BEAT GEAM EVAIRE!!!1!!!11

Play-able/On Team: Sora Non-Play-able: Cloud

9) Vote on the poll.
BETS GEAM EVAIRE!!1!1!!!1!!11!1!

BatChao
12-05-2002, 05:31 AM
Normal

2) How many hours did it take you to finish the game? (if you finished it)Approx 40 hours I think... It's been a while

Nope. Only colleseum, dalmations, and... uhh.. some other ones. Haven't beaten the secret bosses

4) Have you ever seen the (POSSIBLE SPOILER): secret ending? Yes

5) In 1-5 scale, how would you rate the difficulty of the game in Normal and in Expert difficulty? (1 = very easy, 2 = easy, 3 = average, 4 = hard, 5 = very hard) 2.8

6) What was your favorite part in the game? (if your reply contains spoilers, please mark them) Meeting Disney and Squaresoft chars!

7) What was your least favorite part in the game? (if your reply contains spoilers, please mark them) Gummi ship is pointless (though fun to supe up)

Leon

9) Vote on the poll.
First option!

Sheik
12-06-2002, 03:42 PM
1) Normal

2) I'm not done yet

3) I'm at Atlantica (or whatever you call that place)

4) Nope

5) Normal: Easy

6) Hmm.... when I beat.....*spoiler*

7) When I had to fight *spoiler*

8) Leon was cool though I didn't get to use him

9) Yes

*I intended to put *spoiler* instead of writing the whole thing with a code because I'm so lazy.

Just go and play the game already!

The One Winged Angel
12-15-2002, 06:43 PM
1) Have you played Kingdom Hearts on Normal or Expert difficulty, or possibly both? Normal

I've done everything but the 100 acre wood and played about 60-70 hours (a lot is pause time tho)

All but the 100 acre wood, all bosses and everything

4) Have you ever seen the (POSSIBLE SPOILER): secret ending? Unfortunately not, not done the 100 acre wood

5) In 1-5 scale, how would you rate the difficulty of the game in Normal and in Expert difficulty? (1 = very easy, 2 = easy, 3 = average, 4 = hard, 5 = very hard) Some was very tricky but some wasn't so a 3, though this may be because of my lack of levelling

6) What was your favorite part in the game? (if your reply contains spoilers, please mark them) beating Sephy

Atlantica

I liked most of the FF Characters, Cloud and Sephy in particular I also like Riku and Sora alot
9) Vote on the poll. *votes*

Sefie1999AD
02-10-2003, 08:39 PM
Sorry for reviving this thread, but I recently finished Kingdom Hearts, and I wanted to reply to my own survey.

1) I played on Normal difficulty level.

2) I needed 58 hours when I beat the game on level 77. Later I leveled up to level 100 and beat all the optional bosses and I've played the game for 70 hours. As Kishi said, loved every minute of it.

3) Nope, I didn't get Sora's Ultima Weapon or Goofy's Save the King, or do all the trinities. I have rescued 99 Dalmatians, beat all Coliseum things, locked 100 Acre Wood, got Donald's Save the Queen, beat all the optional bosses and got everyone to level 100, though.

4) Yes, I have. It looks quite dark and cool. Lately I downloaded Deep Dive extra ending of Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix, and it's even more impressive!

5) The game's not for small children, and it's not a breeze even if you play on Normal difficulty, take the shield and sacrifice the sword. I haven't played on Expert, but in Normal the difficulty's about 3 mostly, then after your first visit in Hollow Bastion, the difficulty turns into 4-5 and when you get to level 75+, the difficulty gets into 1-2, although the optional bosses give a great challenge even on level 100.

6) This is a tough one, as there's so many to list. The beginning was awesome, Traverse Town was cool, the battles were really fun in the game, especially boss battles, I eventually ended up liking Atlantica (it's a cool place and I like Ariel), the whole Neverland is pure awesome-ness (I love that place!), Hollow Bastion is a true masterpiece both design-wise and story-wise, End of the World is a very creative last dungeon, the final battle is awesome, and so is the ending.

7) It was a bit hard to get used to Atlantica's controls at first, but I didn't mind that later, as the place's cool. If there's anything to complain, I didn't like the events with Oogey Boogey. Trying to climb into his house while all the Heartless are trying to drop you from that long platform, being stuck in that wheel of misfortune during the first form battle, and then looking for all those orbs to destroy. I wouldn't like to try that again.

8) For all characters, definitely Aerith (Aeris). If only Disney characters are included, then I guess I like either Belle or Ariel best.

9) Worth playing!? I gotta be kidding myself! I should have just gone to play it right away, and good thing I later did (better late than never), because I loved it! Lots of credits for Square and Disney for Kingdom Hearts! *votes on the first option :love:*

BTW I asked the moderator Loony BoB a permission to revive this thread, and he officially stated: "This bump has been sanctioned by BoB"

Heath
02-16-2003, 04:05 PM
Only normal so far.

36, but doing some of the Dalmations, Coliseum, Phantom, Kurt Zisa etc.

Most of them.

4) Have you ever seen the secret ending ?
Not yet no. I need 6 more Dalmations.

Normal 3.

Hmm I really enjoyed Hollow Bastion on the whole and Halloween Town and Agrabah are great too.

Atlantica and Monstro. How could they put these 2 after each other? The pain, the pain of it all!

8) Who was your favourite character in Kingdom Hearts? (again, use spoiler tags if your reply has spoilers)
I liked Riku. But Donald and Jafar's hat are equally good. And how doesn't love Hades?

9) Vote on the poll.
Will do.

Mr. Graves
02-16-2003, 04:49 PM
I rented the game, and I'm glad. I can't see myself wasting money buying this game. It was annoying, the music was nerve-wracking, I didn't like the real-time fighting. They could've done a much better job. If it was more like StarFox Adventures, though, I probably would liked it alot. But, such as it is... *votes "I really expected more" *

Beowulf
02-16-2003, 09:55 PM
1) Both modes.
2) Around 50 hours on my first man. I tried to get everything and beat every boss.
3) Indeed.
4) Yes
5) In normal I'd give it...a 2. Expert I give it a 4.
6) Hmm...I can't say I have a favorite part...
7) Fighting the dragon. He sucked.
8) Just in case: Jack. He was the coolest.

Blackmage
02-17-2003, 08:36 PM
1) Both modes.

2) Define "finished". To me, finished is completion of all side quests, leveling to max level, obtaining all items possible, stats at max, and of course defeating the final boss at least once on the file. So, to me, I'm not "finished". I've spent at least 50 hours on each file so far.

3) I only haven't bothered messin' around with the Rare Truffles.

4) Yup, yup!

5) Normal: 2, Expert: 3.

6) Hmm... I'd say the beginning 'cause you can beat the heck out of Tidus, Wakka, and Selphie and get rewarded for it!

7) I'd say at Hollow Bastion when the Keyblade goes to Riku/Ansem.

8) Cid, even though his great sense of humor was greatly toned down. *reminds him of the ol' FF7 days of "Sit down and drink yer goddamn tea!!"*

9) *Votes 1st option*

IamTidus
02-19-2003, 05:35 AM

Normal

36 hours

all but the gummi ship stuff I hate it

Yes

Can't Decide

Dieing

Kairi, I like her attitude.

9) Vote on the poll.

True

m4tt
02-20-2003, 04:59 AM
1) Have you played Kingdom Hearts on Normal or Expert difficulty, or possibly both? both

2) How many hours did it take you to finish the game? (if you finished it)About 40ish for normal, only halfway through expert

3) Have you done all the side-quests?Almost

4) Have you ever seen the secret ending?Yesh, and it was quite cool

5) In 1-5 scale, how would you rate the difficulty of the game in Normal and in Expert difficulty? (1 = very easy, 2 = easy, 3 = average, 4 = hard, 5 = very hard)Normal was about a 3, expert is about a 3 or 4 so far..

6) What was your favorite part in the game? (if your reply contains spoilers, please mark them)Fighting on Destiny Islands, *beats the crap out of Tidus*

7) What was your least favorite part in the game? (if your reply contains spoilers, please mark them)When I got lost my first time through Tarzan's land, oy that was annoying

8) Who was your favorite character in Kingdom Hearts? (again, use spoiler tags if your reply has spoilers)TIGGER OWNS YOU

9) Vote on the poll. DOne, and Done.

Blizzard
02-20-2003, 01:31 PM
1) I've finished it on Normal, I'm about halfway through on expert.

2) *Loads up game* 72hrs (loads of pause time)

3) Everything but the Trinities. *wewt @ Save the King, Queen and Ultima Weapon*

4) Yep

5) Normal = 3, Hard = 4.5

6) Hollow Bastion, times 1 and 2, Destiny Islands (Die Selphie!)

7) Monstro, I hate that movie.

8) Tee-Eye-Double Guh-Er.

9) yes.

chionos
03-11-2003, 08:20 PM
1: Normal and Expert

2: ~46

3: everything

4: Yes, I was rather aroused by it, to be sure.

5: normal=2 expert=3.5-4 depending on if it's your first time.

6: Not at all a fair question. I loved destiny islands, getting to fight selphie and tidus and wakka, and best of all riku was spiffilicious. I loved Halloween town also...and neverland...and hollow bastion and 100 acre woods and....well I liked it all.

7. My least favorite part of the game was the fact that it ended. After an experience like KH it's rather tormenting to have it end. KH2 is my most anticipated game right now, probably even more than ff origins or ffx-2 or ffxi ffxii which is saying a lot.

8. Riku or ansem one.

9. ooooohhh this is a hard one.

NorthernChaosGod
04-26-2003, 04:02 AM
1. i have a perfect record on both Normal and Expert

2. um first run through about 50 hrs. on normal. perfect on both 110+ hrs.

3. two words: "Perfect Record"

4. no i havent my game always freezes during the credits. :( :( :(

5. normal 3, expert 4

6. beating the living shit out of Sephiroth

7. collecting items to synth Ultima Weapon

8. Sephiroth

eternalshiva
04-26-2003, 12:50 PM

both

about 120 hours combined

YES!!

YES!!

Normal mode : 1
Hard mode: 3 (except for the Sephiroth Boss... I gave up after 4 hours...)

The Little Mermaid World!!!!!!!
Sephiroth Boss
*spoiler*
the secret movie
The Song! I :love: it

Destiny Island was so pointles....

Riku.... troubled young man :cry:
He was only trying to help Kairi! Its not hisfault he didn't meet the right people at the beginning :cry:

9) Vote on the poll.

IT ROCKS!!!! :love:

the blitzer
05-01-2003, 09:01 PM
1) Have you played Kingdom Hearts on Normal or Expert difficulty, or possibly both? Normal yes. Expert no.

2) How many hours did it take you to finish the game? (if you finished it) 40-50.

3) Have you done all the side-quests? all tourmants and everything to get the secret ending.

4) Have you ever seen the secret ending? Yes. It was crap.

5) In 1-5 scale, how would you rate the difficulty of the game in Normal and in Expert difficulty? (1 = very easy, 2 = easy, 3 = average, 4 = hard, 5 = very hard) Normal 3 Expert 5.

6) What was your favorite part in the game? (if your reply contains spoilers, please mark them) Aladin level.

7) What was your least favorite part in the game? (if your reply contains spoilers, please mark them) Secret ending.

8) Who was your favorite character in Kingdom Hearts? (again, use spoiler tags if your reply has spoilers) Sora.

9) Vote on the poll. Done

Elhaym
05-03-2003, 02:20 PM
1) Both, I actually gave it a second chance, because there are parts of the game I liked so much.

2) About 20, it's too short.

3) A lot of them, though I'm yet to try fighting Sephiroth

4) I'm not sure what you're suggesting, but I think so.

5) Normal = 2, Expert = 4. It was a better game on expert, playing normal only hammered home the feeling that I was playing a game aimed at kids.

6) Ehh, (SPOILER...?) Hollow Bastion (it was probably the most FF-esque place in the game, making me feel much happier...), Japanese song 'Hikari'. The (for the most part) excellent voice acting. And towards the end, when it renounced Disney, and went all Square (my hopes are that, since they have used a lot of the Disney worlds already, it'll make for more Square stuff in the sequel...)

7) Alice in Wonderland level, English song 'Simple and Clean' (it's my favourite Utada song, and they murdered it...), the absence of Robin Williams as the Genie (Dan Castellaneta is a GREAT voice actor, but Robin IS that part....). The fact that there was FAR too much Disney, far too little Square.

8) Riku, he is actually among my favourite Square characters, whether I liked the game or nay. I wanted to play as him. And for that matter Kairi, Sora and all of Square's characters in the game.

9) Done.

Lord Xehanort
07-07-2003, 06:35 PM
1) Have you played Kingdom Hearts on Normal or Expert difficulty, or possibly both? Both with the sword then shield

2) How many hours did it take you to finish the game? Normal Mode= 73 hours Expert Mode= 38 hours (I didin't do everything in this one)

Yes

Yes and loved it

Normal= 3 Expert= 4.5

The Gold and Platinum matches (beaten)

Wonderland

Ansem (hence my new name)

9) Vote on the poll. KH is a must love!

Jed
07-09-2003, 04:48 PM
Normal

About 50-60 I think

3) Have you done all the side-quests??
All except those rare truffles..... :mad:

4) Have you ever seen the secret ending??
Yes, but only cos I downloaded it! teehee :D

5) In 1-5 scale, how would you rate the difficulty of the game in Normal and in Expert difficulty? (1 = very easy, 2 = easy, 3 = average, 4 = hard, 5 = very hard)?
I'd give it a 3 for average, because some parts were easy but others were pretty tough... I had a real hard time with ursula

6) What was your favorite part in the game?
I did enjoy Hollow Bastion as it was quite exciting, and fighting Riku with his spanking new Keyblade was great but Agrabah was a lot of fun too. As was the battle Arena :D

7) What was your least favorite part in the game?
Hundred Acre Wood.... :cry: :grr:

8) Who was your favorite character in Kingdom Hearts?
Squall. Mmm that voice..... :love:

9) Vote on the poll.?
A good game

Vermachtnis
07-10-2003, 02:35 AM
1) Beat Normal, working on Expert

2) 40's

3) Yes

4) Yes

5) Normal=3 Expert=4

6) When Sora sicrifises himself for Kairi

7) Getting the stuff on the island

8) Ansem

zacks_clone
07-10-2003, 06:14 PM

Normal Im afraid,but im going to play the game later today,and i'll do it expert then.

...i think a total of 32.But that wasnt playing for two or three days.I went about an hour or two on and off.

YES!I HAVE!

Yes...many times

Normal:3.5,in the middle of hard and average.You have o admit,it did have some hard/tough parts in the game.I havent played expert.

The whole begining and end secens(When soras falling at the begining and where the island is comming back at the end.Also,when you see Aeris/Aerith,Leon,Cid,Yuffie and Cloud douring the credits

I didnt have one

:love: :love:Cloudy!:love: :love:And Sora and....:love:Leon!:love: :love: and SEPHIROTH:love: ...wait...you said one...poo....Cloud!

9) Vote on the poll.

Done and Done

lilwil32
07-19-2003, 05:46 PM
1) normal... i can not be arsed.
2) 27 hrs
3) WOOH! yeh.
4) yes.. twice
5) 3 on normal. got stuck a few times, u kno.
6) LEON!!!
7) characters
8) LEON but clouds sword was cooler in this.... LEON
9) alrighty then...http://www.clubsquaresoft.com/graphics/logo/chrono-cross-pre.gif

Strife
07-21-2003, 10:13 AM
1) Playing on normal

2) Still playing it

3) no

4) Can't. I haven't finished.

5) 2-3

6) I liked play with Aladdin

7)none yet.

8) Strife!

9) done :)

Ryth
12-11-2004, 04:31 AM
1.Beat normal, recently started Expert

3. Yes

4. Yes

5. 3-5 (depends on difficulty level)

6. Hollow Bastion and Heartless world "End of World"

7. Ansem's total wussiness

8. Sephiroth

9. Great, play it yourself and you'll love it!

ChaosCalibur
12-11-2004, 04:38 AM
1) Both
2)like 40, but i spent another 20 doing the side quests
3) Yes
4) I have seen AAS plenty of times, but eventually downloaded it from internet because i wanted the whole thing...
5) 4
6) a lot of parts were good... But i guess the Collesium was the best, also beating up tidus is always fun :)
7) I don't think i have one...
8) Sora

Del Murder
12-11-2004, 05:22 PM
Dude this thread is hella old. I hope he's played the game by now.