PDA

View Full Version : Explorer has Caused an Error 0_0

Zifnab
12-03-2002, 08:43 AM
I keep getting this bloody message on my computer, whenever I do, all my IE windows close down (leaving everything else as it is). Error in Kernal32 or something like that? I've been getting it for awhile now. I use Windows ME :/

Shlup
12-03-2002, 10:03 AM
My advice? Don't use Windows ME. Too buggy.

Id there any particular thing you're doing before getting this error?

Zifnab
12-03-2002, 10:41 AM
Nothing really, usually just open a new browser window. It's on and off too, like my comp might do this and nothing but for 3 days or something, then it'll be like it's gone for a couple weeks. It usually only happens when I click a link to a page at a certain time or something, then it's like my whole system.. refreshes itself? My desktop will disappear and return, and all my task bar items will vanish then disappear.

Bulldog
12-03-2002, 10:56 AM
It's ME. You can't do anything about it. The most stable is probably Windows 95. I love that one. Even Windows XP crashes, not often but still.

Dr Unne
12-03-2002, 06:39 PM
The kernel died on me pretty often when I had ME. I don't think there's much you can do about it unless you want to reinstall Windows or something. Or just don't use IE, because IE sucks anyways.

crono_logical
12-04-2002, 02:32 AM
Experience has told me Win98 SE is the most stable of the non-NT Windows systems, so try changing to that :p

DarkCloud
12-05-2002, 01:08 AM
Cloud, I'm having the EXACT same problem as you, except I'm using Windows 98 SE.

I run IE, then after awhile I get the explorer error. It always says that Kernel32.dll is to blame. Plus, it only happens for an extended time...then it stops for several days...then begins again.

I'm not sure how to fix the problem. Last time I had the problem (about a year and a half ago) I either reformated because of it or replaced the Kernel32.dll and IE files. I can't remember.

BTW: Awesome sig and avatar. ;)

Blue Headed Man
12-05-2002, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by Dr Unne
Or just don't use IE, because IE sucks anyways.

Advice Denied.