PDA

View Full Version : NTSC games one PAL PS2

Zifnab
12-03-2002, 01:23 PM
I heard once that by increasing disk speed on a PAL PS2, NTSC games can be played on it. I don't remember if it's PSX or PS2 games, but I'm wondering how much truth there is in this.

crono_logical
12-04-2002, 03:00 AM
I can't see the logic behind that myself, seeing as PAL has a slower refresh rate than NTSC when it comes to displaying pictures. Not to mention the physical dimensions of the screen for PAL and NTSC are different, so everything would have to be stretched/squashed to stop it falling off the screen, unless you have one of them dual-mode TVs. :p

What I do know is you can download NTSC/PAL converter patches for PSX games (not sure about PS" games) - just rip the CDs to HD, apply the patches, then burn the patched images to CDR, and you now have a game that can run in either mode :D Of course, to play the CDRs on a PSX, you need the console chipped, which I won't go into.

Or you can use an emulator instead, they'll read the CDRs fine, but if you get an emulator, patching them is pointless since they can read both PAL and NTSC anyway so you might as well emulate with the original CDs :p

EDIT: Oh yah, Help Forum :)