PDA

View Full Version : Great game

FlotRazor
12-05-2002, 03:12 PM
Just played it for the first time.Man,FF5 is as good if not better than FF1.I think i just found my new favorite FF!!!
Does anyone else think this game rules all??????????:excited: :rock:

omnitarian
12-05-2002, 03:32 PM
Yes I do. It's tied with FF6 for my favorite FF.

Psychotic
12-05-2002, 06:33 PM
Umm, yeah, it's great!

and we all know that, it's just those crazy people who haven't played it who don't know that, it's a shame that V is one of the least popular of the FFs that were released in non-Japan countries. I'm only making this assumption because hardly anyone posts in this forum,
which is why I think I, II and III should share a forum, and IV and V should share a forum. That would make a lot more sense...

Acmlm
12-05-2002, 06:44 PM
I liked FF5 too ... I wouldn't put it quite as high as FF4 and FF6, but the game gets pretty interesting once you get far enough in it :)

Whelk
12-05-2002, 09:57 PM
yes, i loved this game too. It's my favorite ff with 6 coming in a close second.

Mr. Graves
12-05-2002, 10:21 PM
The Job system OWNZ! So deep, and very fun to mess around with.

Kirkpatrick
12-06-2002, 01:38 AM
Mmm....FFV.....:D
Such a good game. though I have yet to finish it :(
Maybe I'll do that soon, since I am near the end ( I think )....*Plays FFV*

The Man
12-06-2002, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by omnitarina
Yes I do. It's tied with FF6 for my favorite FF. And it's close to FFVI for me. The Job system freakin' owns, yo.

The ending is absolutely sodding beautiful, by the way, so do everything you can to finish it. *nods*

Peace
Erin Brockovich

Night_Sword
12-06-2002, 03:18 AM
Meh, I love the job system but I perfer Final Fantasy Tactics version of the Job system more. I like FF6 a bit more because I love the story and I like Seiken Densetsu 3 more than all of them because I love its gameplay style. Thats my two cents.

End Communication.

Captain Maxx Power
12-06-2002, 03:50 PM
Yarg, it ain't a job system, its an ABILITY system! FF 3 (jap) was the job system!!!! BLLERG!!! <@_@> <M_M> <O_O> *garble* *garble* *garble* *falls on the floor twitching*

ShivaBlizzard8
12-08-2002, 06:08 PM
Yes, I love FF5. As previously said, the job system is great, and there are some awesome characters. Gilgamesh, anyone? He just. . .rocks.
In any case, its a shame more FFers won't give this game a second glance. It might turn their opinons around if they gave it a shot. But, welcome to the small group of enlightened ones, FlotRazor! ;)

The Amazing Spiderman
12-10-2002, 03:27 AM
The game's ace, but it's only drawback for me is the music. =/

Captain Maxx Power
12-10-2002, 05:45 PM
I liked the music. Especially the walkabout music on the third music. Cool stuff

NB: Has anyone noticed that the Exdeath final boss music is the same one used in FF8 for battling Ultimencia? You know, the one that sounds as if there are a troop of horses coming towards you

Gudni_fighter
12-16-2002, 01:09 PM
Yebb, FF5 is the best of the FFs. I haven't finished it yet (I'm in the Cleft of Dimensions) but it still rocks!!

Personally I didn't really like FF4 all that much. I mean, everyone I met around the internet said that FF4 was the WAY best FF, but then I played it and I think that it was the least of the FFs I've played (well, okay, it was better than FF1). The ones I've played: 4,5,7,8,9, 10 and a little bit of 1.

But FF5 is some searious sh*t, man. You can see there that the graphics were just starting to get interesting and they were doing some really nice things with the battle system. And it's extremely convinient that you only have, like, four or five characters to play with (unlike FF4 wich had 13 or something):tongue:

Hatu
03-20-2003, 11:14 PM
Certainly one of the best FFs. Combining jobs and abilitys is much more fun than just leveling up like in FF4 or FF6. My least favorite place was the steam ship because it didn't fit into the theme and it was quite a maze at first time and those Crew Dusts blinded my whole group. The musics are great and I have downloaded the soundtrack too. Nostalgia and Pirates Ahoy! are my favorites. And last is there a X-fight skill like X-magic of Red Mage and how can I get it?

final boss
05-13-2003, 01:35 AM
I agree with you. I love this game. I'm at the end of the game.:love:

crono_logical
05-13-2003, 04:39 AM
Job System is one of the best things about the game, as is the soundtrack :p

FF4 sucks, I think FF2j is the only one I hate more :p

And no, exdeath music does not play in FF8 - it might sound similar in places, but that's it. It sounds too cheery to fit properly when fighting Ulti in FF8 anyway :p

I think X-Fight is mastered Archer, not sure.