PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate Mystery

Conqueror Cats
12-07-2002, 04:20 PM
Is quina a Man or a woman? s/he marries vivi, but they hefer to it as "him" alot. It wears a dress... whta do you think?

But don't worry, its a minor spoiler. IT may seem like a major one but it isn't.

Psychotic
12-07-2002, 04:23 PM
Um, Quina doesn't marry Bartz, he isn't even in FFIX! It's Vivi he marries. And also Quina's dress is an Apron. Sorry to correct you.
Anyway, Quina isn't a he or a she, Quina, is an IT!

Kayin
12-07-2002, 04:53 PM
Easy, Quina is Asexual and Reproduces by Budding. =P

Conqueror Cats
12-08-2002, 12:08 AM
Heh, sorry, i renamed my vivi bartz because i hate the name vivi

DK
12-08-2002, 01:49 AM
Quina is Asexual, but i always considered her to be a she. Dunno why, just always have. Makes up the numbers.

4 Guys: Zidane, Amarant, Steiner, Vivi.
4 Girls: Garnet, Eiko, Freya, Quina.

Thats just how i've always seen it.

Psychotic
12-08-2002, 03:37 PM
I guess I see Quina as male, because Quina reminds me of the hellspawn that is:Jar Jar Binks. I always imagined Quina to sound like that thing....

But Quina is still an it!

I Love Shoyku
12-08-2002, 11:32 PM
Oh man, I didn't know Quina married ViVi. Please mark it with a spoiler please, I didn't want to know that ><

Anyways, I consider Quina to be a girl.

Lord Nathor
12-09-2002, 01:07 PM
Quina? Since anyone isn't sure about saying him or her, he or she, I'll go with it.

It is asexual.

Ireng
12-09-2002, 04:26 PM
As far as I know, even Square isnŽt sure about QuinaŽs gender. But IŽd go for male. Not a man, but a boy. IŽd even say a boy with the dawn syndrome.

Ariel
12-11-2002, 02:31 AM
I agree with Kayin, Quina's asexual.

I always call it "him", though. I guess it's just calling s/he a guy by default. xD

The Amazing Spiderman
12-11-2002, 03:08 AM
Asexual. let's consider it a mystery, okie?

I Love Shoyku
12-11-2002, 03:49 AM
One method that I am going to try is to put on "Protect Girls" with Zidane. I'm gonna put all males, except for Quina in my party, and if Zidane protects Quina then I will have my answer. Muwahhaa.

Ireng
12-11-2002, 01:59 PM
Pretty good idea.

I Love Shoyku
12-12-2002, 10:33 AM
Yes. I am gonna test it as soon as I can get Quina. I still haven't been able to find it.

Nemesis the Warlock
12-12-2002, 12:25 PM
It is clearly stated in the game that Quina is asexual, meaning neither male nor female, without genitalia. If you talked to everyone on Terra, you know this. Protect Girls doesn't work on Quina, because s/he is not female. I always have Protect Girls equipped, so I should know.

Quina doesn't marry anyone. Where did you get this idea?

Profector
12-12-2002, 01:51 PM
***WARNING SPOILERS AHEAD***

Actually s/he does indeed marry Vivi. If I remeber correctly Zidane and Dagger get married somewhere to advance the story, so Quina want's to get married too. I think it is a totaly optional thing to do that has no effect on the story. It's been a long while since I've played IX.

Nemesis the Warlock
12-12-2002, 02:59 PM
STILL POSSIBLE SPOILERS AHEAD

Aye, I mind that now. That was in Conder Petie, hametoon of the dwairfs. But that wasn't a love thing, they had to get married to pass. I don't think they settled down to start a family later. :D

DK
12-12-2002, 06:15 PM
Imagine the children. xD

0mNiS|aSh
12-17-2002, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Nemesis the Warlock
Aye, I mind that now. That was in Conder Petie, hametoon of the dwairfs. But that wasn't a love thing, they had to get married to pass. I don't think they settled down to start a family later. :D
Acctually, I believe that they DID!
In the end (SPOILER)you see the rat-kid runs into Vivi again. However, it turns out to be Vivi's SON. And after him comes, like, 7-8 more of the little bastards. You can C it in the ending FMV 2

Nemesis the Warlock
12-18-2002, 10:01 AM
You're not serious, are you?

Everybody has seen that ending FMV, but Quina is in the castle, not at all together with the little Vivis, that do not look like Quina in any way. Are they six foot tall, with three foot tongues, blue-green skin and mad eyes? Qu don't have children. They don't have genitalia. They can't do this kind of thing. They are asexual, like the genome on Terra said.

Psychotic
12-18-2002, 06:58 PM
Oh yeah?

Vivi's grandpa is one of those things, heh! yeah, I know Vivi is adopted, but still, you gotta consider it !:)

Lindy
12-18-2002, 09:27 PM
Its obvious, a constant FF rule is that the number of males must be greater than the number of females, therefore Quina must be male to cover this constant rule. Plus, it makes the game far funnier is Quina is male.

Aviva
12-22-2002, 04:02 PM
RyuKishi has a point, but I also have to go with asexual. Even though Quina is referred to as a "him" sometimes, that's probably because in some languages, masculine is used when there are "gender issues"...haha. Plus, Quina is like both; s/he can be equipped with almost any kind of armor, whether it's for men or women. For example, s/he can wear Lamia's Tiara, but s/he can also wear armor that's mainly for the male characters. Plus, I remember equipping Zidane with the Protect Girls ability to fight battles with both Quina and Dagger in my party. He protected Dagger, but Quina? S/he died in the battles. :p

Blackmage
12-23-2002, 01:51 AM
*looks for the "Who cares? I hate Quina!" option on the poll*

But, if I had to make a choice, I'd say that Quina is a feminate asexual. The outfit it wears is quite reminding of females, what with all the pink and other "pretty" colors it has; however, I'd rather not want to think of it as having a gender. *shudders*

-N-
12-30-2002, 09:20 PM
*Spoilers that have already been stated, so not really*

Quina is not female, as it cannot equip Lamia's Tiara, Extension, etc. But it CAN equip male stuff, I believe. Who knows, maybe the Qu clan doesn't even have male and female. They probably reproduce some other way, but I don't think it would be asexually. I have deduced it to be a male through the equipment stuff, and that since no one can really tell what Quina is, then they just give it the benefit of the doubt in marrying Vivi. They say s/he a lot, but they always say "him", so that's either a clue or neglect on Square's part.

"I so happy..." - What an... odd line.

Aviva
12-31-2002, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by princeofdarknez
Quina is not female, as it cannot equip Lamia's Tiara, Extension, etc.

Well, this proves that nobody reads my posts. :p Quina CAN be equipped with Lamia's Tiara. Maybe not other "feminine" items like Maiden Prayer, but s/he can still wear Lamia's Tiara.

Rampala
12-31-2002, 06:58 AM
Well, Quina can't really be a "she" merely because (1) Zidane's "Protect Girls" ability doesn't apply to s/he and (2) Certain Jewelry/Accessories that are to be equiped only on Female members you cannot equip on Quina. The thing of it is, this doesn't necessiarily make Quina a he, does it? :/
*ponder*

Although, because Quina marries Vivi... poor Vivi... and just the choice of colors for the character always made me think of s/he as a she. Though, as my friend was quick to correct me, "S/He's an It!" Heh. I just think we non-Qu types have problems accepting the non-gender relation of the species. Then again, what about Quale? or Quan-- Vivi's Grandfather, we know Quan is a male because Vivi always says "grandfather".

...Well now I'm just confused! :mad:

EDIT: *reads some of the posts she accidently skipped* Bah, guess I repeated some things. *attacks self* I love that button... :D

Nemesis the Warlock
12-31-2002, 09:14 AM
No, Quan is also asexual, so is Quale. Vivi calls him "grandfather" because Vivi is clueless. As we all know, none of the three Qu have any family, nor are the three related to each other. You also have to consider the fact that they look identical (apart from clothing and a thin moustache), which Quina finds completely normal. Ergo: Qu have no gender, no genitalia, and don't seem to reproduce. It's been suggested that some other creatures metamorph into Qu. Qu themselves seem to change into higher beings once they mastered the Way of Gourmand.

Rampala
12-31-2002, 09:23 PM
We do know they live in tribes, though.
When Vivi tells Quale that he looks exactly like Quan, Quale replies, "Of course, we from same tribe." *shrugs* maybe that means... something...

HOOTERS
01-01-2003, 12:08 PM
I dont think Quina is asexual, I think S/he is either male or female, we just dont find out.

It makes the game funnier by not specifying Quina's gender and if you were Zidane would you pull down His/her pants to have a little look-see?

Solution IX
05-18-2003, 12:56 AM
Just to clear this up.. Quina doesn't necessarrily marry Vivi (SPOILER) You can have them get married in conde petie after dagger and zidane get married, so they can get past the twins at the gate. They get by either way

Solution IX
05-19-2003, 09:57 PM
Oops, i did the spoiler color wrong, sorry if this ruined anything

therealquigmaster
05-22-2003, 09:32 PM
I say male because

FFVII: Tifa = main characters lover
Aeris = Serious
Yuffie = Hyper

FFVIII: Rinoa = main characters lover
Quisits = Serious
Selpie = Hyper

FFIX: Dagger = main characters lover
Freya = Serious
Eiko = Hyper

FFX = Yuna = main characters lover
Lulu = Serious
Rikku = Hyper

Phil
05-24-2003, 04:41 AM
Quina HAS to be female. She wears a pink apron, marries vivi, and to top it off she wears makeup. plus she likes to cook and most (i say MOST no offense) males dont know diddly squat about cooking. In this one book called "the art of final fantasy ix" it showed quina without her apron and dress. She didnt have....a.. well.......ya know. She did however have some female genetalia as far as I could see. Breasts were somewhat prominant in the picture. maybe its just me.

Faris_the_guy
05-28-2003, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Vincent06
Quina HAS to be female. She wears a pink apron, marries vivi, and to top it off she wears makeup. plus she likes to cook and most (i say MOST no offense) males dont know diddly squat about cooking.

I cook perfectly:mad2:

Shayo
08-15-2003, 05:53 PM
u all forgot one important thing about (SPOILER) vivi and quina getting married...... u can choose if u want them to be married. i beat this game twice and after dagger and zidane were married u had a choice the first game i played i think i chose the first one and i saw vivi and quina marry, the second game i chose the second and when all the dwarf ppl were scattered looking for the theif (Eiko) quina and vivi go to zidane and dagger. zidane then asks " howed u guys get here?" and vivi says " with all the comotion goin on we just snuck in" or sumthin like that

m4tt
08-15-2003, 05:57 PM
Please don't revive dead threads..