PDA

View Full Version : Level BB/M becomes stronger than Fi/Kn

Fighter
12-09-2002, 04:18 AM
Vote for which level YOUR BB/ M was stronger than Fi/Kn. For me it was about 21-30.

Meuterei
12-09-2002, 04:50 PM
I've never noticed a significant difference below level 30...

Mr. Graves
12-09-2002, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Princess
For me it was about 21-30.

Same here.

Chzn8r
12-09-2002, 08:43 PM
It varies, but I usually start really noticing it between 21-30.

BobDarkavenger
12-09-2002, 09:43 PM
I'd say over 30. But he still takes hits like a Black Mage...

omnitarian
12-09-2002, 09:58 PM
You people must not be unequpping the nunchucks or something. Even with the greatest swords, my BBs tie for damgae at levels 8-10, get a bit higher at 11-13, and smoke him at 15+.

Chzn8r
12-09-2002, 10:06 PM
I don't think there's a person here who doesn't uneqiup them. I know they always tie when you take them off at 10, but they never seem to jump ahead until father towards the end.

Spuuky
12-10-2002, 03:54 AM
You're lucky you added (does more damage) to the poll question, or the answer would clearly have been 'never.' As it is, it really depends totally on how quickly you get through the game, and thus what weapons you have at what levels.

Fighter
12-10-2002, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by Spuuky
You're lucky you added (does more damage) to the poll question, or the answer would clearly have been 'never.'

Yeh, I actually put that in at the last second, because like yourself I think stronger means both offensive and defensively and clearly Fighter is "stronger" than BB from beginning to end.

Mr. Graves
12-10-2002, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by BobDarkavenger
I'd say over 30. But he still takes hits like a Black Mage...

Unequip his blasted armor, then.....

Captain Maxx Power
12-10-2002, 05:41 PM
Actually, is the poll on unequipped chars? I mean, Knights are only as good as their equipment at the end of the day, so it doesn't matter what level its at, if the knights have rubbish equip, then the BB will kill 'em level 1. So it's kinda hard to judge when they get stronger for me personally, but for the sake of arguement, i'd say level 21-30

Dunbar
12-11-2002, 09:35 PM
It depends on if we are talking about maximum damage or average damage.

From levels about 10-20, the BB starts with slightly higher maximum damage up to much more maximum damage. Only over these levels he doesn't seem to acheive that damage very often. His average damage I would say is lower than the fighter's average damage for these levels. The BB just doesn't get all his hits in very consistantly as far as I have seen.

From 21-25, the BB catches up on average damage. From 26-30, he begins to surpass the fighter. From 30+, I assume there is no beating the BB, though I've never played at those levels.

But certainly from level 15 onwards, the BB will have the biggest individual hits when he crits and gets all his hits in. But, the fighter tends to be much more consistant and do more damage on average for quite some time. However, you generally only remember the big hits, which leads many to believe that the BBs damage output is higher over time than it really is, at least in my experience.

Nemesis the Warlock
12-12-2002, 10:19 AM
Everytime I played it, Black Belt does more damage than Fighter starting at level 8 or 9. From then on, he will be stronger than Fighter. A Master even does more damage with Masamune than a Knight, even though it's a sword, which is the Knight's (only) talent.

Fighter
12-12-2002, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Nemesis the Warlock
A Master even does more damage with Masamune than a Knight, even though it's a sword, which is the Knight's (only) talent.

Did you forgot about his armour, Nemisis the Warlock? That is what makes Fighter so good; he is able to dish out a lot of damage as well as take hits because he always has the best armour (and weapons) possible.

Nemesis the Warlock
12-13-2002, 10:21 AM
I know Fighters wear armour, Fighter. ;)

That means they can take more hits before they die. Black Belts don't need armour, have more than ten times the Intelligence of Fighters, have a much better Evasion rate, a better chance of escaping from battle, and most important of all, can kill most monsters before those get a chance to hit back.

And I have to disagree with Fighters always getting the best weapons. Black Belts do more damage, whether they use fists or Masamune.

Captain Maxx Power
12-13-2002, 06:41 PM
Not one post by Unne. I think I'm going into shock...

Fighter
12-14-2002, 12:58 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nemesis the Warlock
Black Belts don't need armour, have more than ten times the Intelligence of Fighters, have a much better Evasion rate, a better chance of escaping from battle, and most important of all, can kill most monsters before those get a chance to hit back.[QUOTE]

Without armour, they have the LOWEST defense
(yes even lower than every mage if it is equipped with the best possible armour) Also, they are most vulnerable to magic without the ribbon. If you go to post I made http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=463747#post463747 recently it will tell you how much the defense of a BB sucks. And if you're reffering to Int as magic def, even if a Knight has the lowest (BB's isn't that high either), he always takes less damage for me when it comes to magic defense than the Master (with the Master unequipped). (Please tell me if you are reffering to Int as something else.) :o I'm also surprised that Unne hasn't posted in this thread yet, but he probably gets so tired of bashing the BB that he just leaves it to other people that hate them too. *Waits for Unne to come*:cool:

Dr Unne
12-14-2002, 01:34 AM
If the Knight has Masmune, the answer is beyond 30, pretty sure. I have a party on my WSC at level 31 and the Knight does more damage consistently than the Master.

Hatu
12-20-2002, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by Maxx Power
Actually, is the poll on unequipped chars? I mean, Knights are only as good as their equipment at the end of the day, so it doesn't matter what level its at, if the knights have rubbish equip, then the BB will kill 'em level 1. So it's kinda hard to judge when they get stronger for me personally, but for the sake of arguement, i'd say level 21-30
Why would it be with unequipped characters? Do you play with unequipped Fi/Kn? We could as well compare Fighter and BB with same equipment, they can both use staffs/cones.

Book
05-15-2003, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Dunbar
It depends on if we are talking about maximum damage or average damage.

From levels about 10-20, the BB starts with slightly higher maximum damage up to much more maximum damage. Only over these levels he doesn't seem to acheive that damage very often. His average damage I would say is lower than the fighter's average damage for these levels. The BB just doesn't get all his hits in very consistantly as far as I have seen.

From 21-25, the BB catches up on average damage. From 26-30, he begins to surpass the fighter. From 30+, I assume there is no beating the BB, though I've never played at those levels.

But certainly from level 15 onwards, the BB will have the biggest individual hits when he crits and gets all his hits in. But, the fighter tends to be much more consistant and do more damage on average for quite some time. However, you generally only remember the big hits, which leads many to believe that the BBs damage output is higher over time than it really is, at least in my experience.

yeap something like that, around lv25 the Master gets better but he will never have any good defence compared to the Knight or be able to use magic so in the allround matter he's not as good as the Knight but he is indeed a powerful all out attacker.

Faris_the_guy
05-20-2003, 09:19 PM
18 because Warrior had a mythril sword

Garland
05-22-2003, 04:01 AM
I say the two pretty much equal out around 10-29, then the BB starts to pull ahead.

Star of Penumbra
06-15-2003, 04:17 PM
BBs suck. Yea verily.

IRECKONBO
06-18-2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Dr Unne
If the Knight has Masmune, the answer is beyond 30, pretty sure. I have a party on my WSC at level 31 and the Knight does more damage consistently than the Master.

Well you cant really count that. Because you can easily equip the Masmune on the BB and say he is stronger then the Knight with the Excaliber. But anyway my Black Belt ALWAYS at lvl 15 is equal to my Fighter in STR. Then once i get to lvl 24 he becomes stronger.

Fiero Firestorm
06-18-2003, 11:56 PM
At Lv44, the weapon-less Master does more damage, consistantly, than the Knight with Excalibur. This is with WSC.