PDA

View Full Version : New idea for nOObs..

kurtsbelledame
12-21-2002, 03:25 AM
Hey..I was just wondering if you guys had ever thought of having some sort of adoption thingie..or an EoFF family thing...where the nOObs would get adopted, and the person that adopted them would help them around the forum, letting them in on stuff like, who to not hand around or stuff like that...help them learn their way around..and maybe even help them get started with gp. :) I don't know if this would work here or not...I just thought it was a good idea..and I would love to be adopted by somebody. :D Just think about it please. I think it would give nOObs an opportunity to make new friends. I hope you like my suggestion. :)

Del Murder
12-21-2002, 05:59 AM
We don't adopt. We enforce.

*enforces kurtsbelledame*

*These views do not necessarily reflect those of Eyes on Final Fantasy

MecaKane
12-21-2002, 06:16 AM
I wouldn't want to help any one person around the boards, or give "gp" too, people can post questions in the help forum. But that might just be me. But yah, there's no GP here. @_@

Roogle
12-21-2002, 06:25 AM
The Eyes on Final Fantasy forums don't use any form of experience or monetary system, so, if that's what you mean by getting them "started with gp"... yeah.

The adoption thing sounds like a good idea for smaller forums, but with the amount of people that register everyday, do you think there would honestly be enough people to sign up for something like this?

kurtsbelledame
12-21-2002, 02:14 PM
Lol....I did not notice that you did not have gp...and what does enforce mean? I don't get it. :P But about my idea, that's cool. I understand. :)

Loony BoB
12-21-2002, 02:24 PM
I'm not stopping you.

kurtsbelledame
12-21-2002, 03:21 PM
what exactly are you not stopping me from?

Mr. Graves
12-21-2002, 04:05 PM
Experience is the best way to learn your way around the forums. Browse all the forums, read the threads. Pick up on how the smilies are used, and just have fun.

As for who not to hang around, you have to learn from experience. I don't think you'll encounter too many jerks around here. One person in particular flamed me once over interracial marriges. So, a few bad apples who have issues are here too. If they flame you, ignore them. Best thing in the world to do. Or inform the mods, but that wont get you very far. You never know who you shouldn't bother with unless you go into the forums and have experience.

Don't be discouraged by the bad posters, there's load of decent people on the boards. Post, and have fun.

Loony BoB
12-21-2002, 04:47 PM
I'm not stopping you from grabbing a newbie and showing him around. What you're asking would never work as a forced thing, people would have to volunteer. So, if you're volunteering, I won't stop you from adopting a newbie.

But we can't make it an organised obligation for everyone. So y'no. But yeah, if anyone wants to do that, feel free. Don't ask us.

Del Murder
12-21-2002, 06:12 PM
*shows BoB around*

This is the Feedback Forum. It's where you come to make suggestions on how to improve the forums, or make fun of those who do so.

Mr. Graves
12-21-2002, 06:38 PM
If you want me to show you around, kurtsbelledame, just PM me. I'll show you around, let you in on the description of people I know, and such.

About what each forum is, I probably wont tell you much else then the descriptions on the main forum page.

Dr Unne
12-22-2002, 12:12 AM
You can show the newbies around if you want, and try to get other people to, but I'm not sure if it's something the staff should be doing. It'd make the whole thing seem awfully artificial.

Shlup
12-22-2002, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by Del Murder
*These views do not necessarily reflect those of Eyes on Final Fantasy Oh, I'm pretty sure it does.

Newbies can show themselves around. It's not that complicated.

Citizen Bleys
12-28-2002, 05:37 PM
I'm friendly to newbies...until they bugger up.

Well, okay, so I'm either friendly to them or ignore them completely, which isn't really all that friendly. But I try.

Shlup
12-29-2002, 10:14 AM
And that's all we ask of you. *patpats Bleys*