PDA

View Full Version : Thought I'd never ask till now...

Lonely17Princess
12-26-2002, 01:44 AM
Help! I went to edit profile but I couldn't scroll down to the bottom of the page. I think what I put in the signature text box must be a bad html but I don't know how to fix it. Is there any way?

:shame:

crono_logical
12-26-2002, 07:57 AM
The embedded MIDI is not good, no, although the code is technically correct, and also with the way the signature box is displayed and stored in the database, what you put in there shouldn't really ever affect that page from loading. Maybe the page isn't fully loaded and you're not waiting long enough? I find I have to hit stop on almost every page at EoFF in my browser to make it display completely, otherwise it waits for a whole minute trying to find non-existant images from people's signatures etc.

Lonely17Princess
12-26-2002, 02:22 PM
......I had the embeded MIDI in my signature. So does that mean it can't be fixed? I waited for the page to load as you said and it was done and I still couldn't scroll down to the bottom.

crono_logical
12-26-2002, 02:30 PM
Guess an admin will have to change it through the control panel then, I can only view it there :p And that MIDI will also have to go, since having embedded such things causes complaints by many people who might be listening to other stuff in Winamp or whatever at the same time, not to mention it will cause problems if you post twice on the same page. I personally find sound of any sort from a web page annoying :p

Lonely17Princess
12-26-2002, 02:44 PM
Whatever.

J/K

Thanx :)

Dr Unne
12-26-2002, 10:49 PM
I took the midi code out of your sig. We don't allow embedded midis anyways. Imagine what would happen if everyone used them 20 midis per page = a loud mess, long load times, and/or browser crashes. No midis please. If you still can't access your profile we'll see what's the matter I guess. Make sure you try hitting Refresh a few times.

Lonely17Princess
12-26-2002, 11:04 PM
Thanx.

I understand.