PDA

View Full Version : FFXII info is coming to light...a little...like a crack in a mile long wall

edczxcvbnm
12-26-2002, 02:37 AM
New information on the development staff of Final Fantasy XII has been announced. Character designer and 3D map designer will be Akihiko Yoshida, known for his character designs on the Ogre Battle series, Final Fantasy Tactics, and Vagrant Story. The art direction will be handled by Hideo Minaba, who held the same position on Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, Final Fantasy IX and V. Director will be Jun Akiyama, who also worked on Vagrant Story and FFT.
Additionally, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance will share some connection with FFXII. The details are not known yet, but apparently some new secrets or map areas in FFXII could be found while playing FFTA on the GBA.

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2002/2295.html

I am pumped because we have these cool people doing stuff with FF for once and this picture seals the deal a pure awesomeness.

http://www.newtechnix.com/Webmasters/supertony/Images/News_PS2_Final_Fantasy_XII_2.jpg
http://www.newtechnix.com/Webmasters/supertony/Images/News_PS2_Final_Fantasy_XII_1.jpg

Sephex
12-26-2002, 03:58 AM
Well, this seems cool. Maybe your prediction WAAAAAAY back about FFXII will be right....

Edgar
12-26-2002, 04:10 AM
It'll be cool, FFXII. I agree with edzxcvbnm for the third time in my life.

But what about the music composer? I heard that Nobuo's going to compose at least 90-100% of the songs.

Very nice graphics I see there...hmm...

And about you saying FFTA having a connection with FFXII...i hope that its not the job class thing, I think i had enough of those...

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-26-2002, 04:18 AM
That picture is bloody amazing, yes, and hopefully the characters will have noses this time.

The Big Bad
12-26-2002, 09:20 AM
Watiwaitwaitwait. Isn't FFXII a PS2 exclusive? How the hell will it connect to the GBA?

Edgar
12-26-2002, 09:44 AM
He mean that there is a smiliarity.

Skogs
12-26-2002, 11:48 AM
Looking at the pic, I like it already. Actually, the city kind of looks like a cross between Lindblum, Guadosalam (at the bottom) and Coruscant (from Star Wars). I can't wait to get my grubby hands on this game.

krissy
12-26-2002, 11:37 PM
orgasm.
plain and simple.

i need a ps2 now.

Big Ogre Umaro
12-27-2002, 08:32 AM
That character designer is my favorite of all time.

Shlup
12-27-2002, 09:51 AM
Looks hot. Too bad I'm too cheap to buy video games.

Kalen
12-27-2002, 08:53 PM
Sweet. =O~~~

Tidus Andronicus
12-28-2002, 03:45 PM
I read the artical on Gameforms (http://www.gameforms.com/news/?658) and was a little shocked when I read:

"Making FF12" superimposed over a beautiful cityscape that will presumably be part of the final game.

Edit: disregard my fear of this being the last game. I now realize it's not.:greenie::rolleyes2

FINAL GAME!!! They better be kidding! Maybe they mean the last game before they change the name.
Oh well, whatever happens, happens. This artwork sure does look cool.:)

edczxcvbnm
12-28-2002, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Tidus Andronicus
I read the artical on Gameforms (http://www.gameforms.com/news/?658) and was a little shocked when I read:

FINAL GAME!!! They better be kidding! Maybe they mean the last game before they change the name.
Oh well, whatever happens, happens. This artwork sure does look cool.:)

Final game as in the finished product fool.

Tidus Andronicus
12-28-2002, 04:20 PM
Oh du :rolleyes2 that was dumb of me.

I still think that cityscape looks really cool.

*add FFXII to list of games he can't wait for*

edczxcvbnm
12-29-2002, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by Tidus Andronicus
Oh du :rolleyes2 that was dumb of me.

I still think that cityscape looks really cool.

*add FFXII to list of games he can't wait for*

Don't worry about it. We all make those kinds of mistakes were something just doesn't click for some reason.

Enigma
12-29-2002, 09:22 PM
I can't wait for this. Looks like it'll be a medieval game or at least similar. Don't the people look like something from a movie almost? The landscape is beautiful. I'm assuming this will have voiceovers.

Does anybody remember that picture of a woman standing in a field and it said Final Fantasy XII at the bottom that was released a few months ago(maybe last year)? Was it confirmed fake or not?

Sefie1999AD
12-29-2002, 10:06 PM
Nice... Good job for getting that information, ed! I read some more about the project here (http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q4-2002/122702a.html). There's just one thing I'm worried about.

Yasumi Matsuno, the game's producer, stated that some of the gameplay elements in Final Fantasy Tactics Advance for the Game Boy Advance would be also used in Final Fantasy XII for the PlayStation 2. Though he refused to comment on official information regarding this revelation, he encouraged gamers to play both games in order to get the full story.

This is what gets me worried. Both games? I'm not going to buy a GBA handheld and FFTA only to understand some details about FFXII. Hey guys, how well do you think we could understand FF12's storyline without playing FFTA?

Angered Roach
12-29-2002, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Xmasta
I can't wait for this. Looks like it'll be a medieval game or at least similar. Don't the people look like something from a movie almost? The landscape is beautiful. I'm assuming this will have voiceovers.

Does anybody remember that picture of a woman standing in a field and it said Final Fantasy XII at the bottom that was released a few months ago(maybe last year)? Was it confirmed fake or not?

Yes, it was a fake.

By the way, that poster looks awesome.

Blizzard
01-02-2003, 12:42 AM
Beautiful, just Beautiful.

I can't wait for this game, and also, about the FFTA-FFXII connection thing, I believe that is just a load of crap.

Kayin
01-02-2003, 01:26 AM
Now I definitely will play this game. With staffers from Ogre Battle, FFT and Vagrant Story, and connection to FFTA, this game just may be worth it. Definitely looking forward to it.

Pancaek
01-02-2003, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Phoenix Highwind
about the FFTA-FFXII connection thing, I believe that is just a load of crap.
Yeah, I think so too. Not that I really know much about either game, but I think he'd just say that so you'd buy both games. Of course they want you to buy both, because then they'll make more money. If there are any connections, I don't think they'll be that relevant.

It looks like it'll be a combination of both medieval stuff and technological stuff. I hope it's more like the stuff at the bottom of the picture than the top, though. The top city part looks too much like FF8.

Sab
01-04-2003, 08:23 AM
Anybody take a stab at when this will come out...? Sweet jesus, I think PS3 will be out by then :( (me still shills the bling)

The dark blue outlined thingy looks like an airship, sorta like a cross between a hair dryer and the airboomgun from minority report. I really hope that pig thingy isn't the main character :O~...

btw, who made that pic of the girl in the field?

Cloudane
01-13-2003, 12:26 AM
I thought it looked like an airship as well.

Is it just me, or does that last pic look a lot like Lindblum from FF9? If so maybe it'll be another "classic" style FF like FF9 was, which would be nice. I do see some similar architecture, along with some steam.

But Square aren't being their usual super-fast selves. Perhaps they're too busy being bought. Or perhaps they've just been occupied with FFXI. Either way I can't wait for this to be released when it comes out of vaporware in a couple of years :)

BatChao
01-13-2003, 10:18 PM
Heh. Looks neat, though it's hard to tell anything by a few concept sketches and a couple pictures. But the thing about the GBA similiarities is very strange, I must admit. I mean, if the game was on Cube, it'd make more sense. But whatever. If it comes out in the next year or so (which I kind of doubt), I might be able to play if with the use my my roommate's PS2. Yay!

Croyles
04-23-2003, 10:32 PM
1st: how can you say the graphics are nice when its a drawing? (yes the bottom one is a drawing too)

2nd: hope i will be able to understand the story well without having to buy a GBA and FFTA!!!!!!!!!!

3rd: I guess the game is gonna be a bit more FFT style. I've never played it but i think it will be good.

Prodigy
05-16-2003, 10:45 AM
I'm actually gonna go against the flow and say that I think it looks pretty pants actually.

FF9 was my least favourite final fantasy and I don't like star wars.

It looks like a cross between the two.

I'd much rather see a game that was done by the people who worked on ff8.

PhoenixAsh
05-16-2003, 09:39 PM
Me too, hopefully the people who made VII and VIII are secretly making sequels and this is just a cover.

Croyles
09-27-2006, 12:51 AM
Hehe, this is a joke. (I was like, 16 back then)
Anyone know of any games that have been in production longer than this?

Psychotic
09-27-2006, 01:11 AM
Croyles, that was very naughty of you to revive a three year old thread. Michael Ballack informs me that he is very displeased.

In answer to your question, Duke Nukem Forever. Duh.