PDA

View Full Version : Is it easy for people to steal your password??

Mr. Graves
12-28-2002, 01:11 PM
I was trying to send a PM to Loony BoB my E-mail so he could give me the HTML code to contribute to the site. Anyway, When I clicked my mouse to the subject line. It said "Hey there....(My real name) (My password)" This scared the hell out of me. I Didn't know if it was some hacker or what. The password was what I used for AOL and logging in to this site. I just finished changing my password for both. Has this happened to anyone else??

I'm more than a little frightened right now....:erm:

crono_logical
12-28-2002, 02:21 PM
Send a PM where? From these Forums?

I suppose if you logged in without cookies, then yes, it'd be easier to get than with cookies. But then, if it was the board's fault, I don't know why it would also have your real name there. You sure it was these forum that gave the pop-up not something else?

Unless it's some dumb feature of aol to confirm your password change on aol, since you just did that.

Blue Headed Man
12-30-2002, 04:05 AM
You're scaring me now...
You're saying that you wanted to PM someone, then when you were in the textbox all of a sudden it said that? Are you sure you didn't by accidently press CTRL+C or something? It just may be a hacker !

Mr. Graves
12-30-2002, 08:24 PM
No, i double-clicked on the subject line, and it said "Hey there...." then my real name and password. That password is what I use for AOL and this forum. I've since changed it. No didn't hit Ctrl-C. I don't even know that does.

This is quite weird...

Blue Headed Man
12-31-2002, 01:06 AM
There is only one answer and no cures for this. G G G GHOST!