PDA

View Full Version : Little pop up window jigs

Dee
12-31-2002, 08:06 PM
What's the code for when you click on a link, then instead of using the same window, you can pop up another window but like smaller that contains the page in that smaller pop up window? I think it would be easier if I used that for displaying images instead of popping up a target=_blank page everytime. I think it's javascript but I'm illiterate on that. -.-;;

Shlup
01-01-2003, 02:25 AM
You mean this kind of thing? (http://magitek.nu/design/tutorials_popup.shtml)

Dee
01-01-2003, 03:39 AM
OMG, your a genius. *looks at page*

I find tutorials on how to write Javascript and I get dizzy. Hopefully I can pull this off. ^__^

EDIT: I need more help on this. Is there anything wrong in the code on the page?

EDIT2: Haha, Frontpage is to blame. The code is perfect. =D

Shlup
01-01-2003, 10:09 AM
I remembered seeing that on one of the cutsey-wootsy web design pages I have bookmarked. Good thing I'm an organization freak.

Is it working for you now? I hate how FrontPage always adds a bunch of extra stuff when you paste HTML into it. Always screws something up.

crono_logical
01-02-2003, 01:31 AM
Windows with menubars/scrollbars/statusbars/otherbars disabled are pure evil. :p

Shlup
01-02-2003, 10:17 AM
I know! People are already annoyed with me 'cause I disables right-clicking on my web page. Ha.

Dee
01-06-2003, 10:17 PM
I disable a TON of stuff on my site, and I don't give a crap what others think. =P The only thing I can't prevent is the view source thing. ><

The Man
01-08-2003, 06:00 PM
The only drawback I can think of to using JavaScript pop-ups is that people who are browsing with Opera and have pop-ups disabled won't be able to open your windows. Such is life, though.

Disabled right-clicking doesn't work on Macs - you can still control-click even in places you're not supposed to. ;)

Endless
01-08-2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by ShlupQuack
I know! People are already annoyed with me 'cause I disables right-clicking on my web page. Ha.

You mean like <a href="http://lopez.famille.free.fr/images/mandeesite.jpg">that</a>?

Ah also, Comet Cursor is the devil. I can't believe you put it on your site.

crono_logical
01-08-2003, 08:24 PM
CometCursor is marked as Spyware in Spyware removers :p

Dr Unne
01-08-2003, 10:07 PM
Comet Cursor is indeed the devil. Javascript is the devil too.

Shlup
01-09-2003, 03:07 AM
Yes, I mean "like that." I don't acctually care though, so if people can figure out how to still do it, that's fine.

And, yeah, CometCursor is the devil. I put it there on a whim; I'll probably take it off durring one of the next updates. It's just been frustrating me lately so I'll start updating then stop.

Cactuar2000
01-09-2003, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Dee
The only thing I can't prevent is the view source thing. ><

An interesting thing to fool some people is put a load blank lines at the start of your code, a la FFO. It fools quite a lot of people. :p