PDA

View Full Version : Why and how save Cid?

Chaos Weapon
01-05-2003, 06:31 AM
Okay, I read that you can save Cid, but how? Fast fish are rare and it's tough to save him. Is there a benefit to saving him? Most importantly, is there a trick to getting the right fish and not killing him?

Edgar
01-05-2003, 10:25 AM
Is it that hard to catch fast fishes? Was a piece of cake to me. Everytime you feed a fish to him, another set comes out. Just catch all the fastest ones and don't worry about feeding him the very slow ones if you don't have a choice.

Master.Pug
01-05-2003, 10:30 AM
hm...

you don't get something useful, but its nice to know you saved his precious live*lol*

You can save him while feeding him with 2 kind of fish!
There are 4!

"yummy fish"
"just a fish"
"rotten fish"
"fish"

yummy fish is a very fast swimmer and he's the best for Cid so try catch him!

Its difficult to divide "just a fish" & "rotten fish", but I think jaf's swimming a lil bit faster!
just a fish is also good for Cid, but rotten fish make's him feel worse.

the worst fish you can get is the very slow "fish".
feed him to Cid and he feels MUCH worse!

If there are just the two worse fish swimming in the sea, go to Cid , talk to him and return. Now there are others swimming around.

Lets say there is a "point system" for feeding Cid.

feed him with yummy fish: +2
feed him with just a fish : +1
don't feed him : -1
feed him with rotten fish : -2
feed him with fish : -3

Its a long trip to make Cid feel better. I'd prefer to kill him because of the funny suicide scene of Celes:D

The Man
01-06-2003, 09:47 PM
Oddly, there was just a thread (http://www.ffwa.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27701) on this exact topic at FF:WA a couple of weeks ago. Master.Pug gave pretty much all the information you need, although TerrXpert gave a more accurate system for calculating Cid's health in the FF:WA thread, I believe.

Peace
Aaron

XCV
01-08-2003, 02:01 PM
why bother saving him,. do you get something out of it? a new Esper?

The Man
01-08-2003, 05:33 PM
No, you don't get anything out of it except the feeling that you were a good Samaritan and saved him. That's enough for me to want to save him, even though failing to do so results in a much more impressive sequence. (Generally, while playing on emulator at least, I save state after I get off the Continent, let him die the first time, watch the sequence, and then go back and save him).

Peace
Aaron

Chaos Weapon
01-11-2003, 04:27 AM
Thanks for your help, Aaron, and everybody.

DK
01-12-2003, 01:55 PM
I didn't even know you could save him, i just took whatever fish i could. *shrug*

Chaos Weapon
01-25-2003, 05:11 AM
Well, I actually saved him, and found out that there are practically no benefits. Oh, well, like it's been said already "the benefit is the honor of saving him". That's good enough.

Chrisrj
04-09-2003, 01:23 AM
*Sorry for the bump.*

Of course, there aren't really any benefits if Cid dies either... aside from the much better sequence.

Believe me, I've saved Cid in FFAnthology, and it wasn't that great. But it was a neat achievement anyway, knowing you can do it.

If you can, that's great.
If you can't, don't fret, cuz the result is far more memorable.

Daryl
04-09-2003, 07:08 PM
The bump's okay, the topic's only a couple months old. :)

As for me, I always kill him. I like the scenes you get after his death better than if he lives.

chadmonkey
04-09-2003, 09:27 PM
I never have the patience to sit around and heal him. By the time I reach the WOR I'm ready to hit the mainland and start ripping it up, getting all of the really good items, espers and such. I'd push Cid off of the cliff that Celes jumps off of if they'd let you do it to try and speed things up.

Strider
04-10-2003, 03:33 AM
Just let the old man die.

Squall Loire
05-25-2003, 06:06 AM
I don't think there is a benefit to saving him. Celes says that she'll bring back all her friends back to see him and he says ' and that locke fellow to no doubt'. I think this might be a clue to something but I haven't tried anything yet on that effect. Also it might be a sidequest that they forgot to finish.