PDA

View Full Version : Zidane the traitor (spoilers)

0mNiS|aSh
01-11-2003, 09:16 PM
Did ya ever notice that when you choose which characters to use against Necron, you can choose to leave Ziidane out? Every character you choose is totally YOUR choice. Gr8 for ppl who are tired of Zidane's perversions :p :D

Mo-Nercy
01-12-2003, 02:13 AM
I like Zidane, he's a pioneer. First not disturbed protagonist in an FF.

Anyway, he's usually gonna be best in the party. I usually use Amarant, Zidane, Steiner and Vivi and rely heavily on Amarants monk abilities and Auto-Potion.

HOOTERS
01-12-2003, 02:39 AM
Yeah I didnt use Zidane in the final battle because there were 4 other characters I liked better although I agree with Al bhed that being the main character at least he was interesting for a change.

0mNiS|aSh
01-15-2003, 05:44 PM
Yes, I agree to that, its prolly just something Square made for ppl who have 4 really good ppl and Zidane isn'tt among them... Like this: ViVi and Steiner for Magic, Strength and Sword Mag, Quina for Blue Mag, and Dagger for Eidolons like Ark, and healing. That makes one helluva team :D

Nemesis the Warlock
01-16-2003, 01:31 PM
I loved that option. I also didn't use monkey-boy in the final battle. He's a thief, that's his strong side. There is nothing I want to steal from the last boss, so I'd rather make a party with good fighters and mages. Freya, Quina, Garnet and Steiner were my best final team.

Mo-Nercy
01-22-2003, 05:06 AM
Well, I always use Zidane for the final battle. I also kill off everyone during the fight with Trance Kuja so it becomes a nice one-on-one between Kuja and Zidane. Although, I needed Auto-potion and Auto-regen to just stay alive...

Heath
01-22-2003, 07:57 PM
You can also take him out before Trance Kuja which I usually do. I tend to replace him for Freya, going with Freya, Steiner, Vivi and Garnet.

NPC
01-23-2003, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Kuja Trance
You can also take him out before Trance Kuja which I usually do. I tend to replace him for Freya, going with Freya, Steiner, Vivi and Garnet.

It figures someone named Kuja Trance would know about this.

Anyways, I didn't even know you could interchange Zidane with other characters, but in any case I wouldn't replace him anyways. I never caught 99 frogs with Quina, so there wasn't a 9,999 damage attack for him/her, and I never got Dragon Crest for Freya, so she was useless to me as well. I used the most balanced team in the game, or so I've read. Zidane, Vivi, Garnet, and Steiner.

-N-
01-23-2003, 10:14 PM

He was disturbed in the end of Disc III, but works his way out of it. The main character always gets pulled down in the muck somehow. Makes you sympathize with him/her more.

Tuno
01-24-2003, 03:21 AM
Well I am in the process of playing it through a second time and I'm gonna try and use my lesser members of the party. Like hardly anyone uses Eiko but some of her summons are really good and she is a better healer than Garnet. For me Ark was majorly disappointing. Vivi's Flare did more damage. I am also getting all of Quina's blue magic abilities so she might surprise me as well.

JenosydesTouch
01-30-2003, 09:35 PM
Yes but why would you want to
switch out Zidane and
how exactly does that make him a traitor?
It's your choice to not pick
him; you're the one that is committing
mutiny here not him.

-"Jenosyde will always defend her son, Zidane, no matter what. If he get's hurt,
and we are around, we die!! No Questions ASKED!!"

-Anala talking to Melissa and Diamond

Heath
02-01-2003, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by NPC
It figures someone named Kuja Trance would know about this.

Anyways, I didn't even know you could interchange Zidane with other characters, but in any case I wouldn't replace him anyways. I never caught 99 frogs with Quina, so there wasn't a 9,999 damage attack for him/her, and I never got Dragon Crest for Freya, so she was useless to me as well. I used the most balanced team in the game, or so I've read. Zidane, Vivi, Garnet, and Steiner.

If slaying Dragons is a problem I would go for Cherry Blossom. It takes about 30 MP more for a non-elemental attack on all. In fact, having not gotten this, Dragon Breath from Freya's weapon Dragon Hair could be better than both. But alas I have never used it even though I know after asking how, how to acquire it.

I tend to get it powerful without noticing thanks to Grand Dragons.

Rye
02-02-2003, 01:55 AM
I never got to the final battle yet (only like 4 more bosses, im stuck fighting the choas guadian with wild hair) but i always keep Zidane. He's really strong. My party is usually... Zidane, Vivi, Dagger, and amarant. Sometimes amarant is replaced for Eiko.

0mNiS|aSh
02-02-2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by JenosydesTouch
Yes but why would you want to
switch out Zidane and
how exactly does that make him a traitor?
It's your choice to not pick
him; you're the one that is committing
mutiny here not him.

-"Jenosyde will always defend her son, Zidane, no matter what. If he get's hurt,
and we are around, we die!! No Questions ASKED!!"

-Anala talking to Melissa and Diamond

Usually, playing FF I identify with the main character, therefore, I AM Zidane. I am the traitor, and I keep out of the battle if I want to :p try stop me :D

Dr. Casey
03-09-2003, 05:17 PM
*hopes one month old threads aren't too old to revive*

Originally posted by Al Bhed³

Butz wasn't disturbed. :P Also, Cecil wasn't disturbed after he became a Paladin.

0mNiS|aSh
03-10-2003, 10:31 AM
umm...what about Tidus?

Squall X
03-10-2003, 04:52 PM
zidane has too big of an ego

0mNiS|aSh
03-10-2003, 06:34 PM
WHAT? :eek:
NO SHIT??
really, I didn't notice :p

Squall X
03-11-2003, 03:26 AM
hey watch the sarcasm :rolleyes2

TheChosen1
05-06-2003, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by 0mNiS|aSh
WHAT? :eek:
NO SHIT??
really, I didn't notice :p

No offence to the other guy but LOL LOL LOL nice 1
but I like Zidane too especially that he was kinda like a miniature pimp.

0mNiS|aSh
05-07-2003, 02:54 PM
Love that part of him! :love:

"oooh....soft!"

Kurohime
05-07-2003, 11:41 PM
Actually, if you don't pick Zidane, he ends up giving his "life" to someone else. All the characters give their powers to each other, so no matter who you pick, symbolically, you're still taking ll eight people into battle. ;)

AND YES! I LOVE THE ZIDDY PERVISHNESS! :D

Christmas
05-09-2022, 11:26 AM
I solo everything with Quina anyway. :quina: