PDA

View Full Version : PS2: Normal or not?

Pancaek
01-12-2003, 04:37 AM
When I first got my PS2 in August, the title screen looked like it did in the "before" picture (see attachment). As I used it more, the title screen started getting these little white 3D-ish boxes on it, kinda like the transparent boxes that are normally there. The game I was playing used to influence the number of boxes that would be there, for example if I played FFT there might be a couple boxes, and if I played FF8 there might be none, and if I played GT3 there might be a few more. Now it doesn't matter which game I play, I still have a lot of white boxes on my title screen. Is that supposed to happen over time, or is something wrong?

Agent Proto
01-12-2003, 05:06 AM
I don't think anything is wrong. Unless you had noticed any difference when you play some games then you should be worried about it.

I think it's quite normal. I have noticed any absense of those white boxes.

Cactuar2000
01-12-2003, 06:42 PM
it's not normal, but I wouldn't worry about it until games stop working. More than likely it'll be Bios-related.

If you turn it on with no disc in, does it go to the Browser alright? Are there any boxes then?

Pancaek
01-12-2003, 07:55 PM
All the games I have work just fine. If there isn't a disc, it goes straight to the browser just fine, but there're still boxes.

My friend got a PS2 recently, so next time I see her I guess I'll ask her if this is happening to her too. It happened to me within weeks, so hers might've started doing that by now.

Yamaneko
01-12-2003, 08:02 PM
I'm going to check right now...

EDIT: Nope, everything looks fine. I tried putting in Maximo, Shinobi, Gran Turismo 3, Chrono Cross, and I put in a DVD movie also (Band of Brothers). Nothing out of the ordinary.

Well I guess as long as nothing happens, it's fine.

Cactuar2000
01-12-2003, 08:28 PM
I got one of the first model PS2's available in England when they first came out, never had any problems with it whatsoever. That's quite bizarre. Incidentally, what model number is your PS2?

Mo-Nercy
01-13-2003, 12:36 AM
Oh, oh. I know the answer to this one!

Same thing happened when i got my PS2, but in an article about the PS2 in a magazine, it said that the:

"PlayStation2 Opening Sequence will evolve over time."

It doesn't seem to serve any purpose. But I've had my PS2 for ages now and it's stopped evolving.

Pancaek
01-13-2003, 03:11 AM
This is everything it said under Version Information:

Console: SPCH-39001
Browser: 1.20
CD Player: 1.20
Playstation Driver: 1.10
DVD Player: 2.12U

But if all it is is what Al Bhed³ said, then I think it should be okay. Thanks for your help. I guess this doesn't need to be around much longer, so... *closes*