PDA

View Full Version : Another paint shop problem

Zifnab
01-31-2003, 03:04 PM
I'm trying to follow some psp tutorials, and I'm getting this alot:

Fill your image with Sunburst Gradient Fill http://www.pinoy7.com/psptutorials/psptool/floodfill.gif

What exactly is Sunburst Gradient? I look under the options for tools but it just shows [check attachment].
And it asks for settings like:

Settings:
Fill Style = Sunburst Gradient
Blend Mode = Normal
Paper Texture = None
Match Mode = None

Which as you can see don't exist under my flood fill options @_@

EDIT: Attachment didn't work >=|

EDIT No.2: 'lo behold

http://www.geocities.com/cloudofmidgar/pspfloodfill.txt

crono_logical
01-31-2003, 07:11 PM
Maybe you need a newer version of PSP? I don't have that program so don't know.

Zifnab
01-31-2003, 07:22 PM
I use version 7, and the tutorial uses Version 6 and 7. I realise not many people use it but I have my reasons why I use it above Photoshop.

Nait
01-31-2003, 09:13 PM
Do you know how to change the colours into those weird patterns and stuff? Maybe it's that. =|

Consult your local helpfile for "sunburst", I got something like this, and of course the sunburste effect.

Zifnab
01-31-2003, 10:39 PM
It seems all that tends to show is how to use the sunburst effect, which doesn't use the flood fill tool at all o_o; it is most frustrating.

Spatvark
02-01-2003, 03:01 PM
At a guess, I'd say it's talking about using gradients instead of just solid colour. However, upon checking my version of PSP (v7.04), there is no Sunburst gradient. There is one called Sunrise, but no Sunburst.

Since I'm not 100% positive of YOUR version of PSP (i.e. which one it is; they may have it in other versions), here's how to get to the gradients menu:

1) To the right of the window, there should be a bar which has all the colour and mouse button stuff on. I'll assume you know what I'm talking about =P

2) In the styles section (underneath the palette), there should be two blocks of colour, linked via a two way arrow. They should both have small black triangles in them.

3) Click the small black triangle in the left-mouse button box (that's the one furthest to the left)

4) A small grey hover bar should appear with four icons in. The second one should look like a kind of hump coming out towards you. Hold your mouse over it and the word Gradient should appear. Click it.

5) You have now selected the left-mouse button to use gradients.

6) Click inside the left-mouse button box (but NOT the small black triangle), and a new window type thingy should appear (you should know by now how crappy my descriptions are =P).

7) From here, you can click in the box with the pretty colours to view all the different types of gradients you have installed. If, you don't see one called Sunburst there, then it's quite possible that you have to download the gradient from the maker of the tutorial you're using =P

8) Give yourself a pat on the back and go out to the pub and treat yourself to a nice pint for understanding what I just said to you, since I have no clue myself XD

Burtsplurt
02-01-2003, 03:06 PM
Yeah, I think I had the same problem when I tried to do the PSP tutorials. They must have used an old version.

Anyhow, take a look at the attachment. You get a sunburst gradient by clicking on the 'Gradient' button on the colour selected (circled), and then clicking again to get the gradient menu. Select the sunburst-circle type affair, and that should work.

Hope that makes sense.

Edit: Spatvark beat me to it (and explained it much better than I did).

Zifnab
02-01-2003, 04:52 PM
*bangs head against a wall*
Right you all are ^_~ Thanks you two, I finally figured out wtf it means by all that! :D I was just looking in the wrong place as per usual. *attaches cool wheel type thing he made* :) thanks again!