PDA

View Full Version : FF sheet music

Captain Planet
02-01-2003, 12:55 AM
I just ordered the book of FFVII piano sheet music... it has the sheet music for everything on the FFVII soundtrack. It's about 270 pages long. Anyone else play ff music on any instruments?

-N-
02-01-2003, 03:10 AM
Like you, I am a pianoman. (No reference to Billy Joel intended.) However, I prefer to play by ear or download sheet music.

VorpalCyberWolf
02-01-2003, 08:43 AM
I play them on Guitar and keyboard

HOOTERS
02-07-2003, 12:05 PM
I also play the piano and have downloaded all the FF7 songs I like. I'd rather have the book though.

Divina
02-08-2003, 06:00 AM
I'm a pianist. I used to have a lot of sheet music from various games (mostly downloaded ones), but with the formatting of my computer, I lost them...but I did print some of them out. :D

sergeysephy
02-16-2003, 08:10 AM
actually, i got that book...gawd knows why...its pretty good, but some of the songs are physically impossible. One Winged Angel? You CANT play that fast, no matter how asian you are. Most songs are okay, but sumtimes ill turn the page and be like, no way in hell, and just keep going...

Dee
02-17-2003, 09:07 PM
I don't really like the official Doremi sheet music for FF music because it's way too easy and over simplified. But it's ok for those who just want to play the music.

sergeysephy
02-18-2003, 12:59 AM
i could never figure out what stuff is on the piano, when i start playing notes, the sounds i remember get jumbled...i dunno why...im pretty good at stuff music-wise. Highest site reader in my class, and of alla the freshman, i play four instruments...they sounds just get confused...

Edgar
02-18-2003, 10:35 AM
I play the piano. In my downloads, I find FFVI's music a bit hard O_o;;;. The only one that i can play is Terra's Theme, Shadow and Locke.

I modify most music into some remix. Tifa's Theme is my first interest because it was practically simple. Next is Chrono Cross' Dream for the Shore (or something) and Phantom forest of FFVI

The Man
02-18-2003, 07:08 PM
I can play many of the tracks on the piano - I figured them out by ear, so they're probably not IDENTICAL to the piano collections arrangements, but they're still recognisable as their parent songs - but there are some tracks, like "Battle with Gilgamesh" and FFVI's "The Decisive Battle" that are just WAY too fast for me to figure out. I couldn't tell you offhand which songs I can play, mostly because my method of playing a song consists of sitting down and trying to figure the track out if I can't remember how to play it offhand, so I can probably play a lot more songs than I can list. I know for a fact, tho', that I figured out the famous "Prologue" which features in the ending of pretty much every FF except FFX, and that one took a lot of effort to work out.

The Chem
02-18-2003, 11:15 PM
i downloaded some sheet music for band and a trumpet solo from FF XI. The band arrangements are pretty good as far as how closely they resemble the parent songs, and i also got Liberi Fatali for 4 part choir and piano. and the man, have you heard the battle with gilgamesh on piano? not to be condescending or anything.

Wind Shear
02-22-2003, 05:44 AM
I play piano, keyboard and guitar - by rote or note. But the problem is my keyboard's busted, though I played "The Successor" and a battle theme in FFX partly.

Rainecloud
02-22-2003, 09:01 PM
I play Final Fantasy music on my piano. I don't have the actual sheet music, though. I seem to have the nack of copying something that I hear onto my piano without a great deal of effort. Aeris' Theme, Eyes On Me, the VII World Map Theme, Balamb Garden, the VI World Map Theme and Tifa's theme are just some of the tunes that I like to play.

Nobuo has created some great music in these games.

Edgar
02-23-2003, 09:43 AM
Heh, if I play by ear, i noticed that i usually transposed everything :P

The only one that i played succesfully by ear is all the FF! musics :D

Big D
03-02-2003, 10:50 AM
http://www.nobuouematsu.com has provided me with screeds of Final Fantasy clarinet music. Arnold Morrison's arrangements are really quite good.

DelightfulSpekkio442
03-05-2003, 09:43 PM
I love the piano collections version of Eyes On Me. It's kinda hard, but it sounds great if you can do it right. A couple other faves are Peaceful Days from CT, Home~Arni Village from CC, Prelude from FFVII and Aria di Mezzo Carraterre from FFVI.

~MJE~

Prodigy
03-06-2003, 03:47 PM
I got distinction at Grade 8 piano and am currently studying for my diploma. I've played a couple of the FF pieces before but the problem is I can never find any decent sheet music.

Everything that I've ever downloaded has been way too simplified.

I'd love to learn the Sephiroth Theme (One Winged Angel), Eyes on Me & Liberai Fatali but only the PROPER versions (i.e. as hard as possible!) and not the simple, easy ones.

Anybody got the piano sheet music for these tunes? If so please let me know!

DelightfulSpekkio442
03-06-2003, 04:24 PM
Prodigy, try SquareSound (http://www.squaresound.com). They've got a lot of the Piano Collections stuff scanned in.

~MJE~

Lionheart12
03-23-2003, 09:26 PM
I want to get sheet music so i can play them. That will be cool.

Franky
06-04-2003, 04:25 PM
well i play mostly keyboard and amllet instruments and i just got a few sheet music most of it is pretty easy but i cant play it yet since they r all duets for marimba and vibraphone but yeah its pretty easy that Terra song is a lil fast but doable on marimba
heres a kool site for band people who like FF
FF Sheet Music (http://www.geocities.com/doofusmusic1/)

Blackmage
06-05-2003, 04:25 PM
I just mess with the keyboard and usually try to play FF tunes. But, if I need to know notes, I download a MIDI of the tune and use Noteworthy Composer (http://www.noteworthysoftware.com) to convert it to sheet music.

the son of lucresia
06-17-2003, 07:49 PM
hey i play the keyboard but were can i download the music(sheets) ???? im specialy looking for interrupted by fireworks

Big D
06-18-2003, 02:16 AM
Nobuouematusu.com (http://www.nobuouematsu.com) has an arrangement of 'Interrupted by Fireworks' for vibraphone, marimba etc. You might be able to arrange that... try a net search engine for the piano arrangement, too.

Actually...
*goes to Yahoo.com*
Here's what you're looking for... (http://www.ichigosmusic.com/gamemusic/finalfantasyVII-XI.shtml)

Daydrius
12-02-2003, 04:30 AM
I play sheet music on the Tenor sax, I love to play, and getting the FF sheet music was cooler

what key is the flute in?

sephiroth21
01-21-2004, 03:10 AM
i play ff music on my sax
its hard but it works

Kirobaito
02-29-2004, 10:49 PM
I play stuff on the piano. I like Arnold Morrison's arrangements, but it seems that he either gets his stuff in the wrong key, purposefully or accidentally (like "Eyes on Me"), or like "Suteki da Ne", the entire song's melodic line is a step low.

The Man
03-01-2004, 02:04 AM
Old thread!

Lena
11-27-2006, 02:30 PM
I CAN PLAY EYES ON ME!!!! weeeeeee!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

YungCheezIt
03-13-2024, 08:56 PM
actually, i got that book...gawd knows why...its pretty good, but some of the songs are physically impossible. One Winged Angel? You CANT play that fast, no matter how asian you are. Most songs are okay, but sumtimes ill turn the page and be like, no way in hell, and just keep going...

What're you sayin' about Asians?

Fynn
03-17-2024, 03:00 PM
I actually physically own the FFXII and KH piano collections. Got the rest through… different means lmao. Still remember when I played the FFX final battle theme from the official piano collection during a contest at my music school. Good times