PDA

View Full Version : Which Boss (All FFs) had the best music?

Nakor TheBlue Rider
02-02-2003, 05:24 AM
I liked Kuja Trance Boss music. Dark Messenger is just too cool.

Of course Sephiroth's is great too!

And Jenova Always had cool Music.....Jenova Absolute's was really great.

SO Which Ones Did You Like The Best?

crono_logical
02-02-2003, 07:49 AM
Good question - I usually find most FF battle and boss themes good. It's easier for me to pick one I didn't like though, the only one I can think of though is the FF8 last boss one against Ulti :p

Zifnab
02-02-2003, 10:57 AM
Same as Guu really, I go on and off between all the boss themes. The only ones I dislike are FFV Normal Boss and FFV Last Boss (though I always believe that Gilgamesh and Exdeath battle music makes up for these two). I guess my fav few would be Dancing Mad, OWA (sometimes, I think I killed it by listening to it so much) and FFVIII's Boss music.

Sefie1999AD
02-02-2003, 12:48 PM
One Winged Angel, Sephiroth's final battle theme.

MagicKnight Locke
02-02-2003, 01:24 PM
gilgamesh n kefka.

Psychotic
02-02-2003, 01:46 PM
Sephiroth!!!!!!!!!!

No wait, Braska's Final Aeon!

Blue Headed Man
02-02-2003, 05:24 PM
When you face Hoju in FF7, the last time.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
02-14-2003, 08:51 PM
I was sure more people would say Kuja and Sephiroth....

Hmm...

Jenova had really unique music and I always loved fighting Jenova because of the music.

El Cid
02-14-2003, 10:47 PM
All of them! ...That's kind of a cop-out, isn't it? But the boss music almost always ranks among my favorite tracks in a Final Fantasy game. Specifically, though Jenova's theme is pretty cool. Nice and spacy. The music to Ultimecia's last form is highly rockin', and though I haven't played FFX, I've heard the last boss music from that one too and like it quite a bit. I can just picture the story situation that would result in music like that, without even playing the game at all. Cool stuff.

Lord Chainsaw
03-07-2003, 05:06 AM
My favorite FF tune WITHOUT A DOUBT, is the battle against the three for the second time Goddesses in FF6. Particularly the part where you fight Doom sleeping in a bed with the Girl's head healing him. That is THE BEST song ever. The way the three battles, Poltergeist, Goddess and Doom are integrated, you can't even tell the music is changing between fights.

What's that song called? I believe as a whole, the boss is called the Tiers, and is made up of the Face (poltergeist), Commands (goddes), and Sleep levels(doom).

I like Dark Messanger also. And the Seymour Omnis fight.

And even though it isn't FF, the Skorne Music from Gauntlet Dark Legacy in the Desecrated Temple which sounds like some funky remix of the Wizards & Warriors theme, and the Final Battle with Garm.

eestlinc
03-07-2003, 06:18 AM
it isn't exclusively his, but Hades's music in ff9 is pretty cool.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-07-2003, 06:44 AM
You know you love Ultros's "Grand Finale?"
Originally posted by Lord Chainsaw
What's that song called?"Dancing Mad."

Lord Chainsaw
03-07-2003, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
Dancing Mad."

I KNEW IT!!! I KNEW IT WAS DANCING MAD!!!

Somewhere deep down inside I kept telling myself that, but I never thought it would be true.

Strider
03-07-2003, 10:09 PM
I really liked Atma's theme from FF6. On the Floating Continent and again in Kefka's Tower. Love that one.

EDIT: I think that one is called "The Fierce Battle." Am I right?

El Cid
03-07-2003, 11:23 PM
You are indeed right, and that track does indeed rock most righteously.

Wind Shear
03-08-2003, 06:52 AM
Summoned Beast Battle in FFX.

Correct me if I am wrong.

BobDarkavenger
03-08-2003, 07:18 AM
Dancing Mad, One Winged Angel, and Gilgamesh's theme

Mr. Graves
03-08-2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Lord Chainsaw
And even though it isn't FF, the Skorne Music from Gauntlet Dark Legacy in the Desecrated Temple which sounds like some funky remix of the Wizards & Warriors theme, and the Final Battle with Garm.

You just given me some new incentive to finish that Game. Thanks Friend. :thumb:

The best boss music is probably in the Ultimecia battle in FF8. I think its called "Maybe I'm A Lion", but I'm not 100% sure on that...

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-09-2003, 01:08 AM
"Maybe I'm a Lion" plays during the third phase of the Ultimecia battle. I like it, but only because its title comes from Deep Purple's "Maybe I'm a Leo" and its actual composition comes from Iron Butterfly's "Inna Godda da Vida."

The Amazing Spiderman
03-09-2003, 01:45 AM
VIII boos theme, and the witch one, and I ain't specific.

Paladin
03-10-2003, 11:24 AM
One Winged Angel, Dancing Mad, Jenova's Theme, Zodiac Brave Battle Theme, and uh... Altima's Theme from FFT methinks. Can't really think of all of em but that's pretty much it.

Meijin
03-13-2003, 02:53 AM
I am no FF7 booster, but One Winged Angel was off the charts as far as boss music goes. It just had this very apocalyptic feel to it. Takes me back to college nights during summer vacation after my freshman year playing with the stereo cranked up... the insane bass of the KOTR summon blasting with OWA's just unstoppable evil vibe.

The only other Final Fantasy music I really liked (although X does have some good stuff) was the theme that played in FF6 as the opening credits played, with the mechs walking in the snow.

Montoya
03-14-2003, 01:59 AM
I like all the boss music in the Final Fantasy games. But the best is One Winged Angel.

m4tt
03-14-2003, 03:34 AM
FF7's normal boss music, Gilgamesh in FFV, FF6's Atma Weapon fights.

Oh.. I'm sure there were many more.

Master.Pug
03-14-2003, 03:16 PM
*nods*

FFV - Gilgamesh's battletheme is great
I also like Exdeath's theme, but not the battle theme!

Rinny Heartilly
03-15-2003, 06:58 AM
I like the music at the end of FF8 when ultimecia joins with Griever.. it's called maybe i'm a lion. Also i like Sephiroth's music, right at the end of FF7

animee_
03-15-2003, 08:56 AM
i liked the boss music for braskas final aeon, lol :D

but i would have to say that sephiroths one winged angel is probably the best ive heared

Big D
03-15-2003, 09:16 AM
Jenova's theme, definitely, and One Winged Angel. Goes without saying.
Gilgamesh and X-Death/Exdeath/Ux--Daeeph(whatever you prefer to call him) had fairly neat-o themes too (FFV). Similarly cool was the 'Sorceress battle' theme from FFVIII and FFVII's regular 'boss theme' (Still More Fighting).

But One Winged Angel really does take the cake for quality and emotive impact.
*Hands One Winged Angel the cake*

Even if its lyrics are recycled from Carmina Burana. Why shouldn't today's best draw inspiration from yesterday's best?

Lord Chainsaw
03-27-2003, 07:00 AM
I noticed that Dancing Mad actually changes for every section of the fight.

It's strange, because you never notice the music changing between the tiers.

My favorite part would have to be the last part, with Sleep. I love the piano.

muchacho
04-02-2003, 01:24 AM
the last boss in 10

Dark_Mage_Palom
04-02-2003, 04:47 AM
FFIX's The Sword Of Doubt I think is a really cool song, none are like this one

DJZen
04-02-2003, 09:04 AM
I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE Dancing Mad!

*busts out the glowsticks*

El Cid
04-03-2003, 12:00 AM
Yah, Dancing Mad does change for every section of the fight. It seems like they wrote transitions into the repeating music to bridge the sections, that kicked in when you shifted up to the next level, which is why you don't notice it changing at first--there's no awkward silence between the parts. Very smooth.

razor248725
04-10-2003, 08:26 AM
ff's boss theme, ff9 boss theme, and the ff5 gilgameish battle theme.
i like the ff7 boss theme because its energetic and has a "wild" sort of tone in it.(too bad the sound is low quality.)
ff9's boss theme because i just like it
and the ff5 gilgameish theme because it has a serious, energetic theme to it.
i almost forgot the kuja's trance theme, i sound hardcore.

Kimera 726
04-10-2003, 09:34 AM
I really like the music in FF8, as I think there was no finer music for a final fantasy than 8. Boss battle music that I really enjoyed was fighting the sorceress (in general) and fighting Ultimecia's true form.

Songs were "Premonition" and "The Extreme". They all kick ass.

Joe 886
04-18-2003, 09:25 AM
Braska's Final Aeon

Rinoa_Heartilly
04-19-2003, 05:10 PM
I really liked the battle music while fighting Jecht in FFX. I could actually bob my head to it, and at that time of day when I fought him, I was really hyper!

the blitzer
04-19-2003, 05:52 PM
SEYMOUR 4TH TIME AND BRAKAS FINAL AEON BOSSES HAD THE BEST MUSIC. FF10 HAS THE BEST MUSIC OVERALL.

CloudDragon
04-19-2003, 10:30 PM
Dancing Mad and One Winged Angel are pretty cool.

black orb
04-20-2003, 04:21 AM
>>> The default boss theme from ff9. and the last battle with Sephiroth

Reine
05-02-2003, 03:42 AM
I like Premonition (Edea and Ultimecias 1st form) Atma Weapon Theme, Dark Messenger, Gilgamesh and Yu Yevons Theme. But One Winged Angel is the best. I memorized all the words to it from fighting him so many times.

I havent heard Ex-DeathsTheme yet, or Zeromus' Theme. Oh yeah I forgot about Hades' Theme.

Deadpool
05-02-2003, 05:14 PM
DANCE OF THE SUGAR PLUM FAIRY!!!!
oops, sorry, wrong thread.

I'd have to say Sephiroth's original theme.