PDA

View Full Version : Fighter Campaign!

Paladin
02-07-2003, 12:18 PM
He deserves to at least get to Chaos!! For all you who have ever depended on Fighter in a party... Let your vote show him your appreciation! Vote for Fighter!!!

Here's a list of why Fighter should beat the robot. Ignore it's craptacularness.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-07-2003, 09:55 PM
The robot is probably the most sympathetic character in the game (maybe next to the mermaids), what with the hard lot life has dealt him--to be separated from all his robot friends and doomed to wander some dark corner of a damp grotto with nothing to which to cling but his electronic memories, a CUBE, and the oddly non-robotic sense of hope for a chance to hand it to the LIGHT WARRIORS.

Gotta feel for that poor little ruster.

black orb
02-08-2003, 12:22 AM
>>> Since Black Belt beat Garland the poll lost all the fun.. but yeah, I`ll support Fighter .. and CHAOS.

Paladin
02-08-2003, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
The robot is probably the most sympathetic character in the game

Will you vote for Fighter if he kisses baby ROBOTS? :D

Paladin
02-08-2003, 02:09 AM
Fighter cares about our youth! Vote for Fighter!! He'll pull you through a dungeon and care and cure for you!

Fighter
02-08-2003, 05:51 AM
I'm 100% with you, Paladin. Everybody go vote for Fighter!

Paladin
02-08-2003, 01:00 PM
Exactly. Who would you rather have with you? A Red Wizard who can't really fight on his own or use deadly spells? A Ninja who can use supportive magic but fights only about an inch better then the Red Wizard? A Black Wizard? Sure, if he has about 10 Nuke spells that do about 500 each and a prayer. A White Wizard? Oh, that's brilliant. You can heal your wounds as Chaos continually bruises you. A Master? Sure he could take care of any foe but what would he do if he was hurt? Needed fire resistance? Let's not forget the importance Fast and TMPR can make for a class such as his. Then we have good ol' Fighter (putting his Knight class in to the picture of course) who can do almost everything I've listed. He can kill, he can cure his wounds, he can use low level Anti spells, he's the only one who can use one of the most legendary swords in the game AND he looks cool doing it! The choice is clear, people. Vote for Fighter! :thumb:

Rude
02-08-2003, 06:26 PM
I find fighter be pretty boring and without a whole lot of chracter to him. Therefore I shall vote against him in all polls.

Unfortunately everyone else is going to vote for him.

Kizoo
02-09-2003, 12:56 AM
You gotta wonder...why did the programmers make Knight so much more powerful than any other class? He gets amazing armor and weapons no one else can use, the highest HP and white magic. Had the Master gotten to use low level white magic instead, all the classes would be pretty even in their usefulness. I used to believe it was just a glitch, and I hoped that with the re-release on Playstation, the Master would get the magic. Who knows what the programmers were thinking.

Paladin
02-09-2003, 04:41 AM
He's just a typical Paladin class. Maybe it might have been more even if the Master got low level Black Magic or something since he's sort of like the Ninja or low level White Magic sort of like FFT's Chakra 'n' the like. Either way, I like Knight classes more then I do Kung Fu classes.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-09-2003, 04:46 AM
Square has always held that a Monk's power should come from his own body, but as early as FFI, they hadn't thought of neat tricks for him to do like Kick and Build-Up and Chakra.

Paladin
02-09-2003, 04:50 AM
If the Black Belt had Punch Art I'd definetely admit to his superiority over the Thief (not that I haven't already) but wouldn't the Ninja look completely crappy if he didn't even do anything special? lol

Fighter
02-09-2003, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Paladin
Then we have good ol' Fighter (putting his Knight class in to the picture of course) who can do almost everything I've listed. He can kill, he can cure his wounds, he can use low level Anti spells, he's the only one who can use one of the most legendary swords in the game AND he looks cool doing it! The choice is clear, people. Vote for Fighter! :thumb:

You've just answered anybody who's asked what makes Fighter the superior FF1 class, or why do you like the Fighter. Great job:thumb:

Paladin
02-21-2003, 08:30 AM
Vote for Fighter! He'll fight for you! lol Don't you people be thinking the Fighter Campaign is dead! I just thought I'd put in a little update about Fighter smoking the robot so far. :D

Fighter
02-21-2003, 11:10 AM
Fighter is versing the robot now? *Goes to vote for Fighter* Great, 84% - 16%. Paladin, I think this campaign is working well! Or maybe it's because everybody knows, whether they admit it or not, that Fighter rules, and votes for him because of that reason! (How can you vote against him:( ?)

Kiyote
02-21-2003, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Fighter
(How can you vote against him:( ?)

I find the fighter/knight to be very boring as I do all overpowered classes. "equip overpowered armor and sword, hit A, hit A, hit A, hit A, zzzzzzzz" My favorite party doesn't even include a fighter. but that is just me.

Rude
02-21-2003, 12:56 PM
Agreed. Fighter is mucho boring.

Paladin
02-21-2003, 04:04 PM
Well besides Fighter there's either Thief the crippled Fighter or Black Belt the guy who punches things. I guess if you wanted a challenge you'd go for a thief but you at least have to admit that Fighter looks cool doing what he does. After all, he's a paladin. Don't you like "PALADINS"? :(

Kiyote
02-21-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Paladin
Well besides Fighter there's either Thief the crippled Fighter or Black Belt the guy who punches things. I guess if you wanted a challenge you'd go for a thief but you at least have to admit that Fighter looks cool doing what he does. After all, he's a paladin. Don't you like "PALADINS"? :(

Well I have to admit the Black Belt is crippled and the fighter does look good in both versions of the game, but I think you underestimate the Thief. Before class change the Thief's ability to run helps getting through tough areas like the marsh cave and the ice cave with enough life and magic. After class change he won't hit as hard as a fighter, true, but his access to black magic allows him to either pump himself up (fast, tmpr, etc) or add elemental support. His selection in armor is also not too bad making him an eligible leader. What does the fighter get after class change? White magic. A set of magic were you could use him to cure (wouldn't you rather have him attack). That is it, since most white magic, by then anyway, affects all members (aice, afir, inv2, etc) so there is no need for the knight to cast it when you have a white wizard. Like I said the fighter is only a tank; attack attack attack. At least with a Thief there are a variety of things to do with him that all work. At least that is how I see things.

Paladin
02-21-2003, 06:58 PM
Yes, the White Wizard can do those things but in 1 round? With a Knight, Red Wizard, and White Wizard they get the job done in 1 round easily. Ever been through the Temple of Fiends? You need every thing you've got and thanks to my Knight's white magic I had a few extra cures after Tiamat which most likely helped me beat the game my first time. Sure the Ninja can use TMPR and FAST which I kind of liked having against Warmech but give a Knight the power gauntlet and have a Black Wizard use Fast and you've got all the power you'll need so why bother wasting rounds on your Ninja unless he's hella strong? If you give your Knight items like the White Shirt his uses are even greater then before, making him versatile but yes. His biggest strength is his power and sometimes that's just what you need.

Fighter
02-22-2003, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by Kiyote
I find the fighter/knight to be very boring as I do all overpowered classes. "equip overpowered armor and sword, hit A, hit A, hit A, hit A, zzzzzzzz" My favorite party doesn't even include a fighter. but that is just me.

What is wrong with being able to equip the best weapon/armour? The "hit A, hit A, etc, sounds very much like a BB. If you're suggesting that Fighter is boring and his magic as a knight is useless, then you're wrong. Almost every spell that a ninja gets can be casted by an item (thor's hammer, black shirt, etc) or is totally useless (ice, fire, bolt). The only spell that the ninja gets that's good is haste, but if you only got him for that spell then you'll be better off with a RM or BM, who'd do every one of those spells better and with more MP and before class change.

Also originally posted by Kiyote
What does the fighter get after class change? White magic. A set of magic were you could use him to cure (wouldn't you rather have him attack). That is it, since most white magic, by then anyway, affects all members (aice, afir, inv2, etc) so there is no need for the knight to cast it when you have a white wizard. Like I said the fighter is only a tank; attack attack attack. At least with a Thief there are a variety of things to do with him that all work. At least that is how I see things.

I personally always have the Fighter/Knight as the main attacker and would much rather to have him use supportive magic that can be also used out of battle than waste his turns on ice2, fast, temper etc, which is what the mages are there for. Extra white magic is always good and to be able to have a little in my best physical fighter is a bonus.

The Fighter gets more than just white magic after class change. He also gets the exclusive second best sword (Excalibur) and exclusive best armour (Dragon Armour, opal helmet/shield).

If you wanted an even more variety of things then you should get a RM. Like I said before the hitting attack is just what a BB does. All the thief does before class change is run. (That's with the Nes version, in WSC he doesn't even have that advantage.)

Kiyote
02-22-2003, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by Fighter
What is wrong with being able to equip the best weapon/armour?

So the knight has the highest defense, second highest attack (although being second to the BB is debatable), highest hp, and access to white magic. IMHO that is overpowered and unbalanced with the other characters. Unbalanced characters make things to easy and take some of the thrill out of games. But that is just my opinion.

Also posted by Fighter
If you're suggesting that Fighter is boring and his magic as a knight is useless, then you're wrong.

I am not suggesting that at all. I apologies if I came off that way.

Let me continue by apologizing. It seems that I have been coming off as if I am attacking the Fighter and that is not what I meant at all. I personally find the fighter a boring class, but that does not mean others do not find him useful or fun. My comments about the Thief as compared to the Fighter were meant to show that he is a comparable alternative the Fighter. No the Thief is not better then the fighter and probably isn't as good but neither is any other class.

Also posted by Fighter
If you wanted an even more variety of things then you should get a RM. Like I said before the hitting attack is just what a BB does. All the thief does before class change is run. (That's with the Nes version, in WSC he doesn't even have that advantage.)

The Thief gets better armor and weapons, thus doing more damage and surviving longer. The Thief fits my play style better and really that is what it all comes down to, playing style.

Paladin
02-22-2003, 02:32 AM
I'm happy I have at least one supporter. Spear-heading this campaign would suck so hard without the Fighter fan club backing me up. ^_^

Fighter
02-22-2003, 03:07 AM
Apology accepted, Kiyote;).

I'll always support the Fighter no matter what, Paladin. It is a pretty small fan club that we have, but as long as there's support, the Fighter will get through :thumb:.

Mattokenzi
04-13-2003, 08:58 PM
if im playing FF1 fighter gets the best weapon and armour 1st

Fighter
05-01-2003, 10:13 AM
Come on, guys. Support the hero of FF1 and vote for Fighter! Click here (http://www.planetnintendo.com/ff1/tournament.shtml) to vote for him!

PaleDim
04-14-2004, 03:20 PM
If you really just want to plow through the PSX release of FF1, just make a party with 4 fighters. Trust me, it works quite well. By the end of the game you'll have plenty of weapons/armor to do the spell casting for you and so many HP you won't know what to do with yourself. I tore up WarMech twice in a row without healing. The point? FIGHTERS RULE!

DocFrance
04-14-2004, 03:48 PM
Wow, this thread is so old it's not even funny.