PDA

View Full Version : CT Final Battle Lineup

El Cid
02-13-2003, 05:35 PM
I was scrolling through some walkthroughs for Chrono Trigger, to see where the hidden endings were since I recently started my first game on new game+, and noticed that none of them suggested a party for the final battle that had any resemblance to the one I used. So I was just wondering what everyone else used the first time and what they use most now. The party I used was Marle (for healing,) Ayla (for physical attacks,) and Magus (for offensive magic and general coolness). Everyone's level was in the mid-fifties and I pretty much wiped the floor with Lavos.

I also thought it was pretty cool that you weren't required to use the main character in the final battle. Not that I have anything against Crono; it's just unusual.

The Man
02-13-2003, 05:36 PM
I used C(h)rono, Marle, and Magus, and I had Marle heal and Chrono and Magus use Luminaire and Dark Matter. It doesn't really matter what party you use for the final battle, at least as far as what ending you get goes. *nod*

I don't remember what my level was, but I didn't think it was that high, and I didn't have any trouble. As soon as I'd completed the battle and watched the ending, I immediately took on Lavos with Chrono and Marle alone in New Game+ and again emerged exceedingly victorious. That ending rocked.

Paladin
02-13-2003, 08:04 PM
It's been a long time since I first beat it but if I recall I either used Crono, Marle, Frog or Crono, Marle, Lucca at around level 40 or so. The way I see it the easiest party would probably be Crono, Frog, Ayla. I've never had any problems with it and 3D Attack is a rather devestating triple tech.

minicactaur
03-19-2003, 03:30 AM
I used Lucca, robo and chrono. I didnt really have to heal that much, but when I did i used items. having robo and lucca is great for the final battle because when I use their dual tech (doublebomb...or whatever), it causes about 7-8,000 to the right bit.

crono_logical
03-19-2003, 11:27 AM
Usually Marle, Lucca, and either Crono or Ayla for me, usually Ayla since her triple kick thing is a decent physical attack for getting the left bit out of the way in one hit :p

Velvet Mink
03-19-2003, 08:22 PM
Crono, Marle, Ayla.

Boom. Perfect team. Marle for Haste, Ayla for Triple Kick, Crono for Confuse. Although Haste Helms and megalixers kind of eliminate the need for Marle... she makes up for it by being able to do Final Kick with the others. Boom Boom Boom, Lavos is out like a light.

matt_in_the_hat
03-22-2003, 04:59 AM
Lavos is pretty easy to beat with any team at lvl 45+, but I use Chrono, Marle, Frog. Luminare and IceWater / Glacier (IceWater for Lavos and his arms, glacier for just one target). Once lavos hits you down to around 200s, double cure fixes you right up. Chrono pretty much does nothing but luminaire or just attack when you need physical, Chrono's Critical with Rainbow is like 950+ anyway.

CloudDragon
03-23-2003, 03:28 AM
I remember I used Crono, Marle, and Magus. Yep, and I hadn't played much more until the end. Sometimes I would alternate it up a bit and try Crono, Lucca, and Magus, or Crono, Frog, and Magus.

Spatvark
03-23-2003, 04:12 AM
Crono, Marle and Lucca. Have Crono use Confuse on the left pod (lefto fo the screen that is) and Lucca shoot it and it should kill it. Wait until the right pod takes the core defence off and then Anitpode 3 and Luminaire to your hearts content. If Crono/Lucca die, have Marle cast Life 2. If Marle/Lucca die, have Crono cast Life. Marle and Crono NEVER die at the same time as logn as you're not half-assed with the healing and thus you should be fine.

If you didn't resurrect Crono, replace him with either Magus or Ayla, preferably the latter.

m4tt
03-23-2003, 06:29 AM
Crono, Frog and Ayla. I lurv their triple tech, and the Frog-Ayla dual tech "slurp kiss" owns. I used them the first time, they were all in the mid 50's. I pretty much use them every time. :p

Advent Child
03-25-2003, 12:34 AM
Chrono Marle and Lucca

I'ts a stupid/slow way to do it, but it's the way I did it on the SNES and I'm NOT changing it.

Chrono uses luminaire, Marle/Lucca Dual-tech to use antipode 2.

matt_in_the_hat
03-25-2003, 01:29 AM
Why antipode 2 when you could use antipode 3?

edczxcvbnm
03-25-2003, 02:37 AM
I use Crono, Marle and Ayla. They have the best techs to use with each other for any situation. Awesome Physical Attacks and Magical attacks that do damage to a single target or multiple targets. The team can't be beat.

Divina
04-01-2003, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by matt_in_the_hat
Why antipode 2 when you could use antipode 3?

Antipode 3 takes too much MP from Lucca, unless you give her a Gold Stud.

My party was Crono, Marle and Lucca. Crono was firing off Luminaire, Marle and Lucca were casting Antipode 3 on Lavos. I'd take breaks to heal if my party was heavily damaged.

Strider
04-01-2003, 04:14 AM
Let's see. . . the party I used to beat Lavos was Crono, Marle and Frog. I'd just hack away at the bit you need to, and then use a lot of Arc Impulse to take out the rest.

Super Christ
04-01-2003, 07:41 AM
The first party I beat the game with was Crono, Marle, and Frog. Worked out well, enough since I won.

For the longest time my party to beat the boss was Crono, Robo, and Marle - a single max cyclone would take out the left bit, and Robo/Marle's dual tech Cure Touch cured for full hp. Robo's shock dealt decent damage, and Crono's luminaire is one of the best spells in the game, so I wasted ass pretty fast.

My current beat the game party is Crono, Robo, and Lucca. Crono and Robo still take out the left bit on the first turn, and Lucca's Flare does a lot more damage than Ice 2. The reason I changed is becauise I found out that Robo's second cure spell (Cure Beam?) also cures for full health most of the time, and the loss of Haste isn't a big deal because you can't speed up lvl. 100 characters with maxed speed much anyway.

Yes, I still have the first save I made on my SNES cardridge when I first got Chrono Trigger and have been New Game +'ing it for... wow, is it close to 7 years the game has been out?

DJZen
04-04-2003, 07:05 AM
Hmmm, strategy... strategy... I don't really use one anymore. But then, when you're at level 80 you don't really need strategy. Heck, I'd be taking Lavos on alone all the time if it wasn't the first new game+ ending I saw. I sorta like to use Crono, Frog and Robo... Why? I guess I just like a challenge :D I also like to beat Lavos in the Ocean Palace. It's ridiculously hard, even at a stupidly high level, but it's just SOOOOOOOO cool to be like "wow! I stopped Lavos before he even had a chance to emerge! I kicked his ass before JESUS!!!! I RULE!

Kaworu
04-04-2003, 07:40 AM
The 1st Party I Used Was Chrono, Frog, And Ayla...Those Are The Only Ones I Use Though. All Three Are At Max Levels

El Cid
04-05-2003, 02:45 AM
*Wanders into off-topicness, notices Kaworu capitalizes the first letter of every word and wonders if he's an Ilwrath*

Morat
04-07-2003, 05:41 PM
The first time I beat Lavos, I used Crono (Luminair), Robo (healing and Shock), and Magus (Dark Matter).

Now, if I really want to smack down Lavos, I go for Crono, Ayla, and Lucca. Falcon Hit does wonders against the left and center bits, then I just pound away with Luminair, Flare, and Triple Kick. I can usually beat Lavos long before he revives the bits.

If I'm fighting Lavos for fun, I usually go for a solo party (ie, letting two characters die immediately and fighting with the other character). So far, the only characters I've had beat Lavos solo are Lucca, Crono, and Magus.

Night Angel
05-26-2003, 04:36 PM
I used Crono, Marle and Magus. ice sword 2 (or 3, can't remember) and dark matter are all that's needed to destroy Lavos