PDA

View Full Version : PSX or SNES?

Jerzart
02-21-2003, 08:10 PM
I just recently picked up Anthology for the psx, but i also
have it for the SNES. I play them both emulated on the computer, but the psx one isnt emulated that well,
ie:sound sucks, graphics a little glitchy. Are there more CGs in the playstation one than an intro and ending?
If not i'll just extract them from the disc and play the game on ZSNES. help?

The Man
02-21-2003, 08:12 PM
Play the SNES version if the PSX version's giving you trouble; I'd probably recommend that anyway, as its translation is somewhat better and the font is a heck of a lot more readable. I think the only FMVs are at the beginning and at the ending, yeah. At least the PSX version of FFV isn't as loading time-laden as the PSX version of FFVI.

Jerzart
02-22-2003, 12:01 AM
Thanx for the heads up.

Chrono Chrazy
03-04-2003, 01:03 AM
So sad that a virgin Nintendo game had to be raped by the Plainstation.

Mr. Graves
03-04-2003, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by Chrono Chrazy

I must disagree with you; The Playstation version was very good, considering the translation. It used the proper terms for items ("Phoenix Down" instead of "Fenix Down" :rolleyes:). And as Aaron said, it's not a bad translation, and whatever load times FF5 PSX has is bearable compared to, say the PSX ports of FF6 and Chrono Trigger.

I'm playing a Translated ROM of FF5 for the walkthrough I'm writing, but I'll be using the PSX terms for everything because they're better.

final boss
05-17-2003, 01:06 PM
I agree with Mr. Graves. Although I never played and never will play the snes version. The PSX version has two FMVs in the game.

Psychotic
05-17-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Chrono Chrazy

Tch, it's a shame that the Virgin Nintendo game wasn't even released outside of Japan due to Nintendo being complete b@st@rds.

And Nintendo had nothing to do with it being made, Square did it. I don't know what country you are from, but I will *guess* that it isn't Japan, and therefore your darling Nintendo didn't want to you to play it. And anyway, raped? I think you'll find it was SQUARE you know, the people that actually made the game, who decided to release it on the "Plainstation"

Dammit you made me sound like a fanboy. I just hate Nintendo. Well, the OLD Nintendo. The new one I have no problem with. Why? because they only released certain games in Japan. Until Sony, no Final Fantasy saw the light of day in Europe. Why? I have no idea. Maybe it has something to do with translations, but why not release some in Britain at least? and I'm sure a lot of Europeans these days play games in English anyway.

I'm done.

playaGAW
05-25-2003, 07:14 PM
The playstaion version of FF6 has 3 FMVs and a system file with extras. FF5 has 2 FMVs