PDA

View Full Version : help please

Al Bhed Rikku
02-25-2003, 10:08 PM
hey every1 i need to ask a question...how do you become a moderater? ya know, the people that are allowed to mess with other peoples posts?(jk...i would never do that...i would only help them!) i am just wondering how to become a moderater...or if it is even possible for me to become a moderater...

Citizen Bleys
02-25-2003, 10:10 PM
It's up to the discretion of the staff. We have a "don't call us, we'll call you" policy.

Al Bhed Rikku
02-25-2003, 10:15 PM
ok...so basicly if i follow all the rules and help people out and advertise this site a lot, i have a good chance? lol

Citizen Bleys
02-25-2003, 10:21 PM
I think most moderators are members at the board for at least a year before they're considered for staff. It's based upon the member's overall conduct--there are members who have been here for two years or more who aren't in consideration for staff because of past conduct--even with that past conduct a *long* way in the past, they can't swing enough votes in staff to get knighted.

Before anyone becomes a mod, the whole staff has to vote on it and come up with a candidate that everybody can at least aquiesce to. The decision to Knight Leeza and Purgatory (our most recent additions) came after days of debate in-Staff.

Al Bhed Rikku
02-25-2003, 10:23 PM
ok i get it now thank you!

Zell's Fists of Fury
02-25-2003, 11:40 PM
In summary, be the exact opposite of the following members:

Linus
Del Murder
Spaceman Spiff
<s>Al Bhed Rikku</s>

More to be added as I think of them.

Citizen Bleys
02-26-2003, 12:08 AM
Now Spliff, don't go being mean.

I'm not allowed to be mean :cry:

Yamaneko
02-26-2003, 12:15 AM
My advice to you (Al Bhed Rikku): Don't try.

Blue Headed Man
02-26-2003, 12:17 AM
You have a 1/3800 chance. Plus, they probably have choices for the new mods, plus I think they would choose peole who have been on for a year.

My advice: Start your own forum!