PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Trojan

Axethorn Stonehammer
02-27-2003, 08:37 PM
Ever since I downloaded a particular file off KaZaA about a week ago, I haven't been able to access any system settings whatsoever. Basically, whenever I click on an icon in control panel, it doesn't load, same goes for clicking properties on the drop down menu. This has been really pissing me off as I can't play Diablo in 24-bit colour, but can't play movies in 16 bit colour, and since I can't change it I haven't been able to do a lot of stuff.

I'm looking for a way to solve this manually, by actually finding the file (through DOS or windows) and deleting it. This is because I bought this computer in 00' and ever since then I haven't updated my Vshield, so lots of stuff gets past it.

Endless
02-27-2003, 10:30 PM
If you have the possibility of running DOS, get F-prot, it's free, and efficient. Otherwise, update your AV. Another thing to try is the online scanner (Either McAfee or Symantec has one, maybe Trend does too)

Dr Unne
02-27-2003, 10:34 PM
Just because things happened to stop working after you downloaded something from KaZaA doesn't mean that it's the cause. It might not be a virus, maybe Windows is just busted. If it is a virus I don't think there's much you can do other than using an anti-virus program or formatting your hard drive.

Dark_Mage_Palom
02-28-2003, 04:30 AM
if ur sure its a virus I would 1st look at all the CHARACTERISTICS that are wrong with my computer then go here http://www3.ca.com/virusinfo/ this site prove to be very helpful for me when I myself got the Win32/yaha.k worm give it a shot