PDA

View Full Version : FMV Extractror? How does it work?

Rye
03-01-2003, 02:28 PM
I heard about the "FMV Extractor" Where can you get it and how much is it? How does it work? Does it take out FMV automaticaly?

I want to tape my FMV but im not sure how so I kinda wanted to FMV extractor. Do you view the FMVs on your computer when your done extracting?

crono_logical
03-01-2003, 05:02 PM
I use something called PSXMC - It's a free program (when I last cheked) and you can probably find it at www.zophar.net , or try a google search.

You just stick the PSX CD into your CD drive in your PC, and let the program analyze it (you might need to enable the special scan methods for some games like FF8/9 or CC). It then gives you a list of FMVs and Audio tracks (not audio CD tracks, but internal XA sound tracks in the game), and will let you rip/convert them to AVI and WAV respectively, which'll let you play them in normal media players afterwards whenever you want. It's a bit unstable at times, and the version I've got is half in a foreign language, but it's clear enough to see what everything does, and does the job if you're careful.

EDIT: I forgot, this is for PSX games, I don't know how to do it for PS2 games.

Blue Headed Man
03-01-2003, 07:43 PM
There is a FFX Player on zophar, check it out!

Rye
03-02-2003, 03:33 PM
Thanks ^.^ I just hope it doesn't takew long too download @_@. I found one I think. Are they called Emulators?

crono_logical
03-02-2003, 04:42 PM
Emulators actually run the game on the PC, e.g. the program ePSXe if you want to run and play a PSX game on your PC instead of a real console - which is what I do - saves having lots of consoles, I just play the games on the PC instead :p I think FMV rippers are more likely to be under the Tools or Utilities section or similarly named.

o_O
03-03-2003, 08:00 AM
For whatever it may help:
PSX movie viewers:
Here. (http://www.zophar.net/utilities/psxutil.html)

PS2 movie viewer:
Here. (http://www.zophar.net/utilities/ps2util.html)

:)

Rye
03-03-2003, 08:29 PM
Thanks! The movie viewer is the PPS Plex on that page right?