PDA

View Full Version : The Most Unforgettable Moments in FF History (Spoilers Galore!)

Nate
03-04-2003, 10:12 AM
I'd like to hear what people think out of every FF were the most either shocking, touching, or otherwise unforgettable moments in FF history. Like that magic scene where *blank* does *blank* and kills *blank* or like when so and so finally kissed so and so and so on.

Zifnab
03-04-2003, 02:50 PM
I think the sure fire winner of this has got to be FFVII's Aeris death. It's so unforgettable that you even expect the same thing to happen in other Square games... though it rarely happens to the extent that it did in FFVII.

eestlinc
03-05-2003, 01:15 AM
-In ff1 when you find out the bats in the temple are really the Sky Warriors

-Galuf's death in ff5

-the dialogues between Cloud and Yuffie on the Highwind in ff7

Kawaii Ryûkishi
03-05-2003, 02:51 AM
Some things I don't think other people might mention:
When Desh sacrificed himself in the reactor pit of the Tower of Owen.
When Cecil became a Paladin.
When Gilgamesh said farewell.
When Tina first transformed into a Genjû.
When Tifa helped Cloud reclaim his true memories.
When Ramza watched Delita disappear in the explosion of Fort Zeakden.
When Laguna tricked Adel into being shot into space.
When Kuja imposed his wrath upon Alexandria--and later, Terra.
When Yuna and her guardians fought Yunalesca to cease the world's repetitious fate.

Moomba Misstress
03-05-2003, 08:56 AM
One of my favorite scenes now since FFX came out, is where Yuna says " I can fly" and falls off the buliding. Then summons Valfor to catch her. it's done beautifully, I love it :love: :fd:

Enigma
03-06-2003, 12:34 AM
Barret and Cid's dialogue in general throughout FF7. They have to be the rudest FF characters ever...

Aeris' Death

FF7's confusing and still-discussed ending

FFX's ending

Paladin
03-10-2003, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Kawaii Ryûkishi
Some things I don't think other people might mention:
When Cecil became a Paladin.
When Tina first transformed into a Genjû.
When Tifa helped Cloud reclaim his true memories.
When Ramza watched Delita disappear in the explosion of Fort Zeakden.

All that, when Locke announces that he'll save Maria in the opera, any cute scene with Cloud x Tifa, and when Ramza accidently had Worker 8 kill Mustadio. "PHOENIX DOWN!! WHERE'S THE PHOENIX DOWN?!!"

Aviva
03-11-2003, 01:00 AM
~Aeris' Death
~When Yuna and Tidus kiss at Macalania Forest
~When Tifa and Cloud sleep together outside the Highwind (why does that sound wrong...?)
~When the characters of FFVIII recall their past at the orphanage
~The destruction of Alexandria
~Kefka poisoning the river! xD

*is too lazy to think of anymore*

edczxcvbnm
03-11-2003, 03:49 AM
The skin Tidus and Jecht gave each other at the end of FFX. It was so emotional...and radical:cool:

Strider
03-11-2003, 05:14 AM
The end of the world in FFVI. I mean, c'mon, it's the end of the world!

BobDarkavenger
03-11-2003, 10:43 PM
Kefka coming down from the top of the screen for the last battle in FF VI

Raising the Airship in FF

Joseph's death in FFII

Celes jumping off the cliff in FFVI

Pretty much everything that happened in FFT

Paladin
03-12-2003, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by BobDarkavenger
Celes jumping off the cliff in FFVI

Forgot about that! >.< It was really kind of depressing, having everyone seeming to be dead including the Earth itself and then having her end up giving up the will to live... I'd also add when I beat FF1 for the first time but I think my list is getting kind of long.

Kawaii Ryûkishi
03-24-2003, 11:25 PM
When Palmer was hit by a truck.

Sabin
03-25-2003, 02:23 AM
When Shadow stays at the falling tower in FFVI.
FF8's ending
Areies's(sp) Death
Kefka disolving into pieces..
Chaos breaking apart
The generations of Airships
The ending of FFVII

And many more...

edczxcvbnm
03-25-2003, 04:52 AM
"You Spoony Bard"

Psychotic
03-25-2003, 07:13 PM
So many... obviously spoilers

I will pick one from every game, other than 3, cus I haven't played it yet . Other than 7, where I have to pick 3

1 - Garland's "Fools! I Garland will knock you all down!"
2 - Josef/Gareth(Richard on ROMs)/Mindu and their sacrifices
4 - Just before Zeromus battle, where the song "Final Fantasy" is playing and all the former party members inspire all the current ones. I think that's the best FF moment EVER
5 - Galuf's sacrifice
6 - Cid's note to Celes
7 - Red XIII discovering the truth about his father/Cait Sith bouncng up to get the black materia/Cid in the rocket 1st time round
8 - The discussion about Seifer where they think he is dead
9 - The credits - Melodies of life playing and all the FMVs - so great
10 - how Auron dies - we see the young version of him charging at Yunalesca

Sabin
03-25-2003, 10:45 PM
-THe Crystal Prelude..

chadmonkey
03-26-2003, 02:45 PM
I saw Palmer getting hit by a truck and I have to agree. I still laugh so hard when he gets blindsided by the truck doing that goofy dance.

After I first bought FFVII my friend and I were hanging out playing it and the flashback scene when Tifa and Cloud meet at the well before Cloud goes off to Soldier came up. Tifa says, "I was getting cold and I didn't think you were going to come." We thought that was about the funniest quote ever and wondered if the programmers were goofing around.

Beating FFI after renting it for a month when it first came out. The game was sooo long and complex at the time.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
03-26-2003, 08:57 PM
-Cecil(Dark knight) and Kain Fighting the Mist Dragon
-Sephiroth Killing Aries
-The Sword Fight in the play at the beggining of FFIX

the tortured one
04-12-2003, 03:58 PM
FF4 - when you find out Cecil and Gobex are bros
-when Cecil becomes a paladin

FF6 - the destruction of the world
- the final scene before the end
- the ending

FF7 - when Cloud gives the black Materia to Sephiroth
-when you find out the truth as to what happened 5 years agao (that was so badass when that soldier removed his helmet and it turned out to be Cloud)

FF10 - When the party slides down that rope to save Yuna
- when Seymor's aeon saves luca
- the blitzball game at the beginning of the game in Zanarkand
-the ending was incredibally emotional. Tidus's skin with his dad was unforgettable

Kawaii Ryûkishi
04-13-2003, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Psychotic
4 - Just before Zeromus battle, where the song "Final Fantasy" is playing and all the former party members inspire all the current ones. I think that's the best FF moment EVERYeah. :aimgrin:

Sefie1999AD
04-13-2003, 11:11 AM
Alright, let's see... BTW, This post is full of spoilers, so I won't mark them.

FF1
* "Light Warriors? You impertinent fools! I, Garland, will knock you all down!"
* When you first cross the bridge. The main Final Fantasy theme plays for the first time in FF history.
* Beating FF1, with Chaos disintegrating in that special FF boss fading style, and later the text "The End" appearing on the screen in a special way.

FF2j
* All those guys, like Joseph, Richard and Minh sacrifing themselves for your party. Cid's death was also sad.
* In the last dungeon, you go to Pandemonium, the Castle of Hell. You can even beat the crap out of nasty things like Zombie Borgan, Tiamat, Satan and Dark Angel Asteroth.

FF3j
* Again, those death scenes: Desh, Elia, Dorga and Unne among others.
* Getting the Invincible.
* Final battle (with all those dark knights coming to help you) and the ending.

FF4
* "You spoony bard!"
* Cecil becoming a Paladin
* The whole world (different countries and even the dwarves) joining up to fight the Giant of Babel.
* Golbez is revealed to be Cecil's brother.
* The final battle, when Golbez and FuSoYa beat Zemus, but everyone gets defeated by Zeromus, the all your friends are praying for you and you get the strength to beat the last boss. And as always with FFs, the ending.

FF5
* Exdeath's seal breaks up, thus the main villain appears.
* When you escape Exdeath's castle in World 2 with "Battle with Gilgamesh" playing and then you encounter Gilgamesh.
* Zeza dying.
* Galuf dying.
* Gil the Sage vs. Exdeath. That kinda reminded me of Obi-Wan vs. Darth Vader in A New Hope.
* Everyone being sucked into the Void (shocking!)
* The scene at the top of the Phoenix Tower when Lenne remembers how she had to choose between letting her mother die or letting the last dragon (which her mother dearly loved) die. I found that touching.
* Gilgamesh sacrificing himself in the battle against Necrofobia.
* Exdeath's final form. Sheesh, what a mess!

FF6
* When your forces gather to defend the Genjû in Narshe. Also the aftermath of the battle, Tina morphing into a Genjû for the first time.
* The opera scene.
* Events in the Floating Continent, which lead into the end of the world.
* Tina learning to love.
* The speech before the final battle, the final battle, the ending.

FF7
* The plate of Sector 7 falling.
* Taking the stairs to infiltrate Shinra headquarters. Tifa and Barret say a lot of comic things there.
* Sephiroth/Jenova slaughtering all of Shinra, then you find the president dead with the Masamune in his back.
* The story how Sephiroth turned evil. That's tragic.
* Cid's tea party. "Shut up! Sit your ass down in that chair and drink your goddamn TEA!"
* Palmer getting hit by a truck.
* Don Corneo falling off to his death in Wutai. IMHO, that was even funnier than Palmer's truck accident.
* Aeris's death scene. That's also tragic.
* Cloud giving the Black Materia for Sephiroth with all the Weapons awakening and the Meteor appearing.
* Shinra vs. Sapphire Weapon. Great stuff.
* Cid getting deep in the rocket, as he finally got into the outer space.
* The scene between Cloud and Tifa at the end of Disc 2.
* Final battle. Especially Safer*Sephiroth form.
* World Crisis FMV.

FF8
* The opening sequence.
* Squall and Rinoa's first dance.
* The first time you go to fight Edea and Seifer (at the end of Disc 1).
* Balamb Garden begins to fly.
* Balamb vs. Galbadia, i.e. the big clash at the end of Disc 2.
* "Eyes on Me" scene at Ragnarok.
* Squall saving Rinoa in Sorceress Memorial, followed by the flower field scene.
* The final showdown with Ultimecia and the ending.

FF9
* Everything that happened during the first hour in the game: the opening FMVs, the play "I want to be your Canary", the duel mini-game, fighting Steiner etc.
* Evil Forest. Especially when it becomes alive and all those bug monsters chase you around. Reminds me a bit of some Resident Evil moments for some reason.
* Black Waltz 3 destroying all the Black Mages in the cargo ship. Then you fight him, and finally, there's a big chase sequence.
* Your first encounter with Kuja.
* Cleyra gets destroyed by Odin. Sheesh.
* Escaping from Alexandria in Disc 2.
* The scene when Dagger remembers the destruction of Madain Sari.
* Brahne fighting Kuja off with Bahamut, then the Great Dragon backfires and detroys the Queen and her fleet. The scenes after that (when Dagger's sad) are also quite memorable.
* Alexandria's final stand. With Alexander defeating Bahamut, then Invincible appearing, Zidane rescuing Dagger, and then the big explosion and all the destruction.
* Dagger cutting her hair.
* "You're not Alone" scene in Pandemonium, when Zidane's friends try to support him.
* Kuja blowing up Terra with Ultima.
* Before you enter Memoria, the FMV with those thousands of dragons. Then, similar to an FF4's scene, all your friends (Cid, Beatrix, Baku, Tantalus brothers, Mikoto etc) come to fight on your side.
* The ending. All of it. Melodies of Life.

FFX
* Operation Mi'ihen and its catastrophic battle against Sin.
* The scene in the lake.
* The ending FMV.

FFXI
* I haven't played it, but the opening FMV looks excellent.

Leo McGarry
04-13-2003, 01:34 PM
IMHO at the end sequence of FF8 when you see the flashback scene with Laguna and Raine....It was sheer poetry!

~*MaYoNaKa*~
04-14-2003, 04:05 AM
Ah...so many moments, so little time and space to type them all. I guess i'll just have to stick with listing the few that come to mind.

Final Fantasy VIII- the ending flashback scene between Laguna and Raine. I actually cried. I dont know why. it wasn't even sad. I suppose it was onion fumes from our neighbors kitchen or something equally preposterous.

Final Fantasy VIII- The whole credits 'home video'. I thought that was great idea when we get to see all the characters acting like normal teenagers for once (*and we get to see Irvine dance! :) *). The one FMV where nothing is getting blown up and no one is fighting and it is not generally depressing.

Final Fantasy VIII- When Squall wakes up from the first 'Laguna sequence' and tells his companions "I dreamt i was a moron."

Final Fantasy VIII- When Kiros tells Laguna he scored a "-3 on the manliness scale" as he cowers away from Julia.

Final Fantasy IX- This is a random, non-related to the story, flashback of mine that made me laugh for an hour straight. After the intial first fight with Amarant, my friend and i decided that he was a pain. So, by some strange whim, we decided to name him 'a$$hole' when the opportunity arose. After typing in the proper commands, Amarant introduced himself to the party as "the flaming A$$hole"....oh gees. I guess you had to be there.

Final Fantasy IX- The double marriage between Zidane&Garnet and Quina&Vivi. How random was that?

Final Fantasy IX- Any moment with Quina...the poor frogs!

Final Fantasy X- the following conversation after Rikku, Tidus and Wakka meet up after being thrown into the via petrifico (dont remember exaclty what its called) to be executed.
Tidus: "What happens now?"
Wakka: "I think they expect us to give up and die down here"
Tidus: "Well that's a lame way to kill someone."
Good to know that he doesn't panic.

Final Fantasy X- The Macalania Woods scene.
Yuna: Well, what about after the game?
Tidus: We go out and have fun. We'll have a big party at my place.
Yuna: In the middle of the night?
*Ah...poor Yuna...so naive*

Final Fantasy X- Tidus' last words to his father.
"I hate you dad"
Good to know he's not one of those guys who holds ten-year grudges. :mad: You'd think he'd let it go when the man's dying for Yevon's sake!

Final Fantasy X- The whole ending...i was in tears until the high-five...then it was just funny.

Final Fantasy X-2- Yuna...need i say more?
No, but i will anyway. WHAT IS UP WITH HER!!? I'm almost afraid to know what happened in the last two years that turned her from the shy, conservative 'i only do what's right' summoner, to this magically stripping pop star!

Well, i think this is enough memories to share for now. I do have school tomorrow *sigh*. Till next post!

MJN SEIFER
05-19-2003, 07:56 PM
UMMM! Let's see

(NO MARKS FOR SPoilers as the title says spoilers!)

Some of these may already be here!

Tellah VS Edward (Including when he says "Spoony Bards"!) -FF4

"He are sick"-FF7

Blitzball with "Other Wolrds" music playing -FF10

"Macerana Temple?"-FF10

Endins for 7 8 9 and 10 (I hav'nt completed any others-acctulay I have'nt completed ten I saw it on a web site (Lost) and it was Jappenes but I looked at a script so Knew whats happends!

Odin VS Seifer -FF8

Excalibur/Excalipur-FF5

Areies Dead:crying: -FF7

"In my Dream I was A moron!" -FF8

"That's a -3 on the manliness scale!" -FF8

Operation Mihen-FF10

Contolling Seymour (Who I think is COOL) for the first and only time-FF10 (Note I just can't find the music for that battle AHHHH!)

Opera- FF6

Gilgamash Dies-FF5

This Strange scene in Tycoo Castle were Bartz is asleap and shout's out "Bartz!" and goes mad totally nonsecical!!-FF5

"Are Ya some Kind of weirdo or something!?"-FF5 (After above)

"Now Thatjust great I have a chicken wuss and some guy who just reached puberty in my squad-FF8

Flashback
05-21-2003, 04:32 PM
Euh...my favorites are:
- Bahamut attacking (FF IX)
- Opening sequence of FF VIII
- Weapon aweakens (FFVII)
Oh and much more, but I cannot remember them all now.

Imperia
05-22-2003, 09:48 PM
With me, all of the endings are unfortgettable. Here are my unforgettable "non-ending" moments:

-FF4: Leviathan attacks the heroes' ship
-FF6: Terra becomes an Esper for the first time and flies off.
-FF7: Aeris' death; Tifa flees from Scarlet and jumps to Highwind.
-FFX: the Sending at Kilika

EveningCross
05-22-2003, 10:34 PM
UMMM! Let's see

(NO MARKS FOR SPoilers as the title says spoilers!)

Ummmmm.... no it doesn't. Aaaahhh well, anyway...

King Michael
05-24-2003, 05:07 AM
* "You're not Alone" scene in Pandemonium, when Zidane's friends try to support him.

Oh my god i loved this scene! It had awesome music and everything was...well....awesome! I'll post more later.

Zyx
05-31-2003, 03:57 AM
Right after Aeris' death when Cloud puts her in the water.
Getting chosen by Don Corneo.
When Bartz and Galuf find out that Faris is a girl.

Rinoa07
06-08-2003, 10:27 PM
In ffx the ending theme (spoiler) when Tidus is starting to dissapear and walks towards the end of the ship and Yuna comes running, then tries to run into his arms, then goes straight throught him.

muchacho
06-08-2003, 11:57 PM
when you frist beat any Final Fantas.

KentucyFriedChocobo
06-09-2003, 12:52 AM
1.) The "You're Not Alone" scene.

2.)The creation of the World of Ruin.

3.)Kefka's infamous "self-help booklet" line.

DMKA
06-23-2003, 07:59 PM
This quote (and if you've seen/heard it you will recall it):

"Of all the people and friends that we have lost, may dreams set free............never forget them." :cry:

Tyrion
06-25-2003, 09:35 AM
1. Aeris' Death
2. Tifa helping Cloud find his memories
3. The aftermath of Sector 7's plate being destroyed.
4. The eerie silence after the last battle with the mad scientist(forgot his name, the one who worked on Cloud and Red XII).
5. The whole scene with the Weapons Awakening(and the Sapphire vs Shinra).
6. The ending.

Vermachtnis
06-25-2003, 05:46 PM
FF4
Polom and Porom turning into stone
Rubicant(Gotta love a guy with has much honor to heal your enemies)

FF6
When Locke summoned the Phoinix
Larry, Curly, and Mo
Watching the world being turn apart
That flashback scene with Setzer and his girlfriend.
Kefka telling the Statues what to hit. "Uh...a little to your left"
or the "I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate you" scene.

FF7
Cait-Sith dies
Cid's goes into the Temple of Anceints
"Let's Mosey"

FF8
The opening scene.
Going into the Unknown Kings Tomb and those girls run out yelling "Float, Float"
This is just to inocent not to mention "Uh-oh you got in twouble"
Why to do push-ups. (If you've seen it you know what I'm talking about)

FF9
Vivi
Kuja when he see's his blood
The Black Mages "Kill! Kill! Kill!"
Odin destroys Clera
Necron's speech

FFx
"Otherworld" playing in the opening scene
The sending in Kilika
"People die. Yuna dances"
Kimari's smile

DMKA
06-26-2003, 01:50 AM
4. The eerie silence after the last battle with the mad scientist(forgot his name, the one who worked on Cloud and Red XII).

His name is Hojo;)

And heres some more (spoilers):

FF6: When Terra transformed into an esper and flew off half way around the world screaming

FF7: When Cloud is coming through lifestream and comes to where he opens his eyes to be face to face with an evily grinning closed-up Sephiroth, along with the entire (short and unesscessary) battle afterward.

FF8: When Squall goes through all the phsyco mental distorted flashbacks and wakes up with tears running down his face and the feather tumbling down onto pure whiteness.

FF9: When that one summon with the big sucking mouth (forget its name) comes and sucks that one city up and we see Garnet break down on the ground crying as she watches and Zidane comforts her(I really need to play this one again).

FF10: When Seymour kisses Yuna against her will infront of Tidus and we see the overly emotional, pissed off closeup face of Tidus.

:D

muchacho
07-02-2003, 02:03 AM
i think his me is astomos or something like that. another great one is when bahamut kills the queen garnet.

zacks_clone
07-04-2003, 01:32 AM
7-When you go back the clouds home town,the the basment and have the flashback of Zack...till his death...I loved that.

Vincents flashback behind the waterfall

Aerises death

The whole fmv scean going to the final battle with Sephiroth:love: :love:

When Cloud tells his story in Kalm

'Just when you thought he was cool,he'd go off and do some damn fool thing.And just when you thought he was smart,he'd show how stupid he was'-Cid

'this airship is too big for just the two of us.Yeah...Its alittle lonely without eveyone''Dont worry.It'll be okay.I'll make a big enough ruckus for everyone.Besides,im the pilot.No more flying around casually like befor.We wont have time to feel lonly.'-tifa and cloud

'get the hell out of here flunkies!didnt i tell you to go on home?!''yes sir,this is our home!'-cid/flunkies.

the end of the game.

ff8-After you kill adel,and ellone comes in with laguna.After ellone is done doing somthing to Rinoa,Laguna ruffles her hair.

Laguna and companys escape-'I think one would call that..being chased out'.

'your greedy,ya know?'

the whole begining scean

'i dont know what to write..oh..i know..I-love-hotdogs!'

'great,i have a chicken-wuss and a guy who just reached puberty in my squad.

ff9-the play at the begining.

fmvs with Kuja :love:

ffx-the begining of the game