PDA

View Full Version : EOFF...

Yrkoon
03-04-2003, 10:14 PM
hi every time im in college i end up having stupidly long breaks eg 2 hours with nothing to do and every time i try to go on these forums at college to pass the time it comes up saying games are prohibited (stupid web sense software)

im unclear why it does that since i managed to get on a site an forum for ff insider which i found during college earlier... yet it doesnt let me access eoff :(

any one know a way around that stupid web sense software my college uses?

:)

ZeZipster
03-04-2003, 10:24 PM
Many ways. Here are some:

1. Use a proxy.
2. If your using IE go to 'Tools', 'Internet Options', the 'Connections' tab, and then hit 'Lan Settings' there may be a proxy set that you can unset. Although the proxy may be used for connecting to the net so that may be useless.
3. Their is some security sites like www.megaproxy.com that should work. Although I don't know of any since megaproxy is charging now.
4. The software may have nothing at all to do with proxies, in which case, you'll need to close the program in order stop it from filtering some sites.

Yrkoon
03-04-2003, 10:58 PM
arg i just found that softwares web site and it sounds dodgy as hell for bypassing :(

http://www.websense.com/

it blocks ffwa.org as well as eoff apparently their classed as games on that stupid web sense :(

Rainecloud
03-05-2003, 06:25 PM
The block in our school was great. If the computer denied us access to a certain site, all you had to do was to type the address into Microsoft Word and click on the link. Bingo - you're in. Pathetic, eh?

Shlup
03-06-2003, 08:02 AM
In high school Sean used to get past the filter by going to the IP adress... except that now, apparently, there is no such adress. Nuts.

Loony BoB
03-07-2003, 07:20 AM
They did this at work, I got around it by typing http://eyesonff.com/forums/ (ie, without the www). You can also try it with or without the final / , or even try going straight into one of the actual forums rather than the index. If they don't work, I can't help.

bennator
03-09-2003, 02:29 AM
If the software is running on the computer itself, you can try crashing or force quitting it.

Blue Headed Man
03-09-2003, 03:59 AM
I suggest making a URL Redirect!