PDA

View Full Version : i just got ffX today, and i have a question...

razor248725
03-07-2003, 09:13 AM
i FINALLY got a ps2 today (yay!:)) and ffX.
i have a question about the begining. it says if u r new to ffX u should use the basic sphere grid, but my friend said not to use it, even if u are a newbie to ffX because u don't get all the options and stuff and miss out on things like that....he said the expert mode should always be chosen so u get more things on the sphere grid.
is he right?? should i chose the expert sphere grid or not?? i'm really confused right now:confused:

Prodigy
03-07-2003, 09:39 AM
As a FF veteran I chose expert first time through. It worked perfectly for me so I'd say go for it.

Moomba Misstress
03-07-2003, 11:30 AM
GO FOR IT! Feel lucky, you have the international version....unlike pathetic people like me who have only an american PS2 and can't play the version with all the cool stuff.... you are SO lucky..... :fd:

*dies*

Pancaek
03-07-2003, 03:31 PM
The basic grid takes each character along a very linear path, except Kimahri. He starts in the middle, so he can go almost anywhere from there. I don't know much about the expert grid, but apparently you're able to move all over the place. It allows for better customization, but you can screw up a lot easier if you're not careful.

Personally, I'd recommend starting with the basic grid, then starting a new game with the expert grid once you've gotten the feel of how all the abilities work, and think you know what you want each person to do.

Maxico
03-07-2003, 04:52 PM
Ive just started again with the expert one and its kinda easy to screw up but you always get back into it again (although my tidus {fast weak character} is stronger and has more hp that auron {slow strong and healthy character})

just go for it

Zifnab
03-07-2003, 07:37 PM
I'll go against everyone and say do NOT go for it o_O I had Tidus go completly wrong on my new save, and I now have to totally over level to give him Hastega. It's alot less fun on expert I think, I'd say stick with basic. But that's just me.

Kay_kay1824
03-07-2003, 08:03 PM
I agree with cloud.
If this is your first time playing FFX, then you may go out of your way to get skills you really won't use. When you do that, its harder to get back on track.

razor248725
03-07-2003, 10:53 PM
righto, i'm going for the expert mode, and i'm starting to understand a little about the sphere-grid. its pretty confusing because its so big, but i'll get my one of my friends to help me out on it if it get too complicated...

Radical Wray!
03-08-2003, 04:22 AM
That... is the most newbieish name... I have yet to see.

Try begginer first, so you can get the feel of the game. Useing expert first time around may spoil the experiance for you.

Pink Panther
03-10-2003, 10:43 PM
I dont believe in the expert grid, its a bit hard, as everyone starts in the middle, they have basic skills but their not in their field. To those who have noticed, warrior based characters are in the top part (wakka middle top and tidus top left) while magic users are in the bottom (lulu middle bottom and yuna bottom left). I found it too hard to get yuna to her "area" and so i just moved her along with tidus, very humerous results, but a reset on the game anyway. Go for begginer to start with.

razor248725
03-11-2003, 09:42 AM
like i said before,i'm playing with the expert grid and i pretty much understand it 100% now. but i have another question:is it possible to fill up the sphere-grid totaly?? and why can't u have yuna go to the top of the grid then the bottom to make her an all-around type of person?? k. last question: i'm pretty sure its possible to make your characters have more than 10,000hp?? what is the max?? 50,000???

Prodigy
03-11-2003, 01:04 PM
Yes you can fill the grid totally. Yes you can get more than 10,000 hp (max is 99999!)

I think the expert grid is a good choice. I don't like my characters to have set paths. I made pretty much all my characters into fighters and it worked well for me. If you're a FF veteran even if you haven't played FFX before the best option is still the expert grid I'd say. Much more freedom.

razor248725
03-12-2003, 05:44 AM
i asked my teacher today about the sphere-grid (yes, hes a game freak, hes beat ff7-10...) he said the basic grid has set paths, that doesn't sound all that great. i'm glad i chose the expert grid now. anyway i asked my friend about more than 10,000 damage, hp etc. and he told me u have to get the hp break and what-not.
thanx for your help ppl.

YAYyay
03-15-2003, 05:27 AM
wuts all this about??!! i never seen that , but i have only played once and im not finished yet but i wanna check them

Radical Wray!
03-15-2003, 10:43 PM
its only for peopel with an international copy of the game, so you wouden't be abel to get it.

garrisonmouse
03-21-2003, 10:13 PM
I'd personally go basic first which is pretty linear and gives you a chance to learn what's worth getting or not. Second time round go for expert where you can pick and choose easier (e.g. get steal for characters b4 you meet Rikku).

almasy666
04-13-2003, 06:30 PM
i don't really understand the basic. i just guess. i think i'm getting the hang of it. i just haven't played it for months now and i don't really remember what i did. not good!

Yrkoon
05-15-2003, 08:43 PM
when it comes to stat maxing the advanced grid sucks tho it offers more flexibilty at the start.

the orginal grid leads your characters down more linear paths.

but in the long term standard is better as it has at least 50 extra nodes than the advanced one.

standard grid : less control at the start of game.
more nodes which are aswome for stat maxing :)

advanced grid : less linear at start.

less nodes which bites ya in the ass if you want to stat max :(

<-- glad i didnt listen to my m8 who started saying click advanced (the day i got ff10) he was pretty persitant then called me a idiot for clicking orginal now hes laughing at advanced sphere grid... lol

Prodigy
05-15-2003, 08:56 PM
I beat Penance with the expert grid so I guess I managed to max out alright :)

Book
05-15-2003, 09:26 PM
I only played the game through once and that was with the basic, what I thought at the time was that if I did that I'd have a reason to play it over again ;) I'll probably be doing that dudring the summer holidays.

kieran
05-15-2003, 10:27 PM
Expert sphere grid is harder and the same as the easy 1. The begginer 1 has a path 4 each character whereas the expert 1 u satrt mostly in the same places and can go the wrong way easily. but if ur good at ff then expert will b no problem.:D rikku is well fit in ffx-2. soz i just had to say that;)

Pink Panther
05-17-2003, 02:32 PM
I still stand by my comments. The advanced grid is harder to play. I have finished the game on the basic grid and im now playing through the advanced grid and its harder. I noticed spheres are worth less (hp spheres at least) and there are more empty nodes, which means more leveling up to get better stats. That combined with the fact im wandering less (solved all puzzles so i cut to the chase) means im getting stuck fighting unalesca (sorry bout sp) simply because im not strong enough. I am really dreading the next 5-10 hours which i will have to spend leveling up...