PDA

View Full Version : Zorn and Thorn

antman
03-08-2003, 01:55 PM
Whatcha think of these guys? I actually quite liked them. They didn't annoy me the way they did some other ppl.

Zifnab
03-08-2003, 02:53 PM
Yeah, they were always a laugh for me. Though before I saw the close up of them at the Cargo Ship scene, I thought they were red and blue flower pots or something o_O

eestlinc
03-08-2003, 10:15 PM
They add to the Shakespearean atmosphere of the game. Therefore they are cool.

Kawaii Ryûkishi
03-09-2003, 12:12 AM
Love those kids. Especially appreciated the way they reprised Porom & Palom's twin magic.

HOOTERS
03-09-2003, 01:59 PM
Yeah they are cool and I also like their theme music too which I am currently trying to play on the piano.

Rye
03-09-2003, 04:12 PM
Yeah I thought they were funny with lines like.

Dagger: "Get off me you scumbags!"
Zorn: "What did she just say?"
Thorn:"What she said, I do not know."

Bahamut2000X
03-09-2003, 04:18 PM
I thought they were pretty cool, especially how they talked, catchy it quite is.:D

Aviva
03-09-2003, 10:23 PM
Haha. They gave me something to joke about with my cousin. The music played whenever Zorn and Thorn came in a scene was so funny. xD

Phil
03-09-2003, 10:28 PM
i personally loved the little boogers. they were always a laugh when you had to look at queen brahnes face and made me smile with their stupid speech antics.

KimmY
03-14-2003, 06:16 PM
Zorn and Thorn are my heros! XD

Lexy
03-15-2003, 04:56 AM
Doode, I hated zorn and thorn w/ a loathing that will never end. They were downright depressing! But now that I see you guys are so crazy about them, I guess it might be my own issues.

animee_
03-15-2003, 09:35 AM
yep zorn and thorn are funny little guys, the way they spoke was pretty funny as well

Nait
03-16-2003, 08:11 PM
I love those guys.

Heath
03-16-2003, 08:16 PM
"Bastards we be."
"But clever are we."

thelynchpin
03-17-2003, 04:00 PM
Noooooooo!!!! I HATE them! Seriously, I dunno how anyone can stand them...:mad: I dunno how it got on there, but I've been arguing on a thread on the FF7 forum against people who love them. Evil enemies shouldn't be ponsy little annoying Jester, they should be cool like the Turks and Sephiroth....oh, um, I mean Kuja and the Black Mages :joker: :shoot:

KimmY
03-17-2003, 04:14 PM
No! They should stay Jesters. It's different... little clever buddies! XD

thelynchpin
03-17-2003, 06:35 PM
Kimmy: "It's different... little clever buddies!"

Little I'll give you that. Annoying, irritating, pestlike too.

They are without a doubt the most irritating thing about the worst ff game I've played. The best part of FF9 was when I killed them. Pescilant bugs.... :joker: :shoot: :laugh:

KimmY
03-17-2003, 08:02 PM
They were the best part of the game and you know it...! :giddy:

PhoenixAsh
03-17-2003, 09:21 PM
I don't remember them that well, because I haven't played FF9 in a while, it is I agree the worst FF I've played. What I do remember is that though they might have made good characters, they couldn't have those characters and got in your way with such stupid traps without being annoying.

Kimera 726
03-18-2003, 12:32 AM
I never did liked those evil incarnates. Probably cause of my history. I have a g/f who looks very much like Dagger (in short hair). The thought of people taking advantage of her sickens me, and I never did like Zorn and Thorn ever since. Trapping me, talking smack...

it sure felt good when I took their worthless lives away in Mount Gulug.

KimmY
03-19-2003, 10:38 AM
Okay, so they're evil little jesters..... but aren't they just so cute?! XD

Kimera 726
03-19-2003, 10:31 PM
I dunno. Cute is one thing. I've seen the clothing they wear in the concept art of FFIX and that I believe are creative clothing. Cute? Well...not in my opinion anyways.

KimmY
03-20-2003, 08:17 PM
Okay.. so the only thing that's actually cute about them is their little jester suits and that they are small... and that they rhyme! :D

Gazsquall
03-26-2003, 06:04 PM
They are so annoying they be.
They just prance about the castle being idiots rymning all the time

Queen Brahne says were idiots
We are idiots Queen Brahne says

Man how annoying!!!!!!!!!!

:angel:

:joker: :joker: :shoot:

Plese visit my thred

Peese

PsychoFerret
03-27-2003, 04:18 PM
Twpy try spelling, but nice use of emotes, you are learning the ways of the forum force young Padawon...

By the way I think Thorn and Zorn were absolutly pathetic! Almost as pathetic as FF9 altogether. Well saying that I do think it had the best music. Dark Messenger and Melodies of Life are great songs......
The storyline was reverted back to a crappy RPG cliché, the ability learning system was naught but boring and the last boss was almost as disappointing as Kefka...... Plus the atmosphere of the game felt so not right at all, being used to FF having really evil murderous power hungry people to just having a really hungry queen was not right at all............ Oh well, back to Monkey Ball 2........ (Monkey, Monkey mon mon keee, monkey monk monkey kee kee kee! Monkey monkey monk ei-ei-poo!)

Psychotic
03-27-2003, 06:49 PM
Zorn and Thorn were OK, although I couldn't realy see how a pair of jesters could possibly be a threat to the world.

Ha ha! you do make me laugh PsychoFerret. Someone that owns a GameCube dares insult Final Fantasy IX, oh that is too much. In less than a year, it will be DEAD. Notice how shops like Argos and Dixons are selling them off cheap? that is because only Nintendo fanboys like you buy them. And as for Super Monkey Ball 2? oh what a crappy Nintendo cliché, with brightly coloured things engaging in trying to stroke each other whilst making strange noises.

PsychoFerret
03-27-2003, 07:23 PM
HAH! It is quite obvious that you have not played any GameCube game of any kind, and specifically not the Monkey Balls.
The reason it is being sold off cheap is because Nintendo gave that as the RRP! Idiot, Ninty are able to sell it at this price, while other money grabbing company's *cough* Squaresoft *cough* Sony *cough* Microsoft *cough* refuse to do so.

Now on the subject of Monkey Ball, if you havn't noticed, the hardest games of all time are given lovely cartoony graphic's, those being Monkey Ball, Chu Chu Rocket and Rayman (Kukukurrin is very hard also) So you are certainly a gamer who lives by looking at the GRAPHICS of games if you think that anything with a cartoon style will be for children and would be a crap game.

I am not a Nintendo fanboy, I am a multi console gamer, and I also think the greatest machine in terms of games is the PC.

I own a PC, a GC, a PS1/PS2 and a GBA. First and SECOND X-Box I played crashed on me, so that put me off a little...

Next time, think about things, play new games, broaden your horizons and play something different!

Rude
04-08-2003, 08:00 PM
Ok getting the thread back on topic. . .

Thorn and Zorn are easily my 2nd favorite two villians next to only the Turks. Their dialouge was witty and comical and they were suprisingly tough as enemies to fight against.

ThE dArK oNe
04-09-2003, 03:22 AM
Zorn and Thorn are funny.
Funny, Thorn and Zorn are.

Lexy
04-15-2003, 11:49 AM
I agree wholeheartedly w/ that guy who was saying that he hates them. Also, they are NOT cute. Have u ever seen their faces?? They look like Gwildor from masters of the universe except 10x uglier. they are annoying pieces of crap and I wish they would go to hell...go to hell and die!

KimmY
04-15-2003, 11:52 AM
Erm.. Calm down, they're not real. ;)

Rude
04-15-2003, 03:07 PM
They look like Gwildor from masters of the universe except 10x uglier.

ROFL x10

Freya Coral
08-31-2003, 03:23 AM
Zorn: We are the most annoying sidekicks in Final Fantasy history!
Thorn: The most annoying sidekicks in Final Fantasy history, we are!

:joker: :joker: :shoot:

Kawaii Ryûkishi
08-31-2003, 04:02 AM
ZORN: "We are opposed to reviving long-dead threads!"
THORN: "Opposed to reviving--hey, you know what? I'm tired of this whole stupid shtick. I have no trouble talking in uninverted sentences, and while I have no idea about my partner here since we never even talk to each other outside of work, Thorn's not even my real name. It's Larry, and I quit."