PDA

View Full Version : Where'd the funny go?

HOOTERS
03-09-2003, 02:32 PM
Did anybody else notice that there is not as much humour in FFX as there is in the previous FF's?

The only funny parts I can think of are:
-At the thunder plains where Rikku is begging them to stay and they keep ignoring her and walking off.
-Yuna: "Maybe you should stop laughing now".
That's all I can remember but I don't think that there were many other parts that made me laugh.

FF6-9 are filled with Square humour which always cracks me up so why is there little humour in 10? Anyway feel free to post parts that made you laugh and please prove me wrong.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-09-2003, 11:47 PM
There's also a funny bit outside of Dejose Temple where everyone makes fun of Yuna's hair. I think the whole game having a pretty funny/happy vibration overall, though.

HOOTERS
03-12-2003, 01:10 PM
Ok, the lack of replies tells me that FFX was generally unfunny compared to previous FF's. Either that or nobody could be bothered posting.

The One Winged Angel
03-12-2003, 08:28 PM
Hmmm, i didn't find most of the FFs funny, there was the odd chuckleworthy moment, but no more than in FFX. And i agree, i found FFX to be a much happier game than previous ones.

Zifnab
03-12-2003, 08:55 PM
That part before the fight with Seymour Natus was quite funny, where they all run off to fight, and Auron gives this submitting 'hehehe...', then the way Kimahri's looking all "I don't believe these guys" shaking his head.

Rye
03-12-2003, 09:01 PM
I agree with Kawaii Ryukishi, It was a gentle funniness. (s/p?)

I thought FFIX was alot funnier. It was supposed to be funny I think because Zidane was in it, and we all know what a pervert he is! ^.^ *remembers "Ooo Soft."

Sylrehy Ahkehaan
03-12-2003, 09:20 PM
LMAO! RikkuYuna I so remember Zidanes pervertness and I cracked up every time he said something along his normal lines....foo..makes me wanna go play it :)

Meijin
03-13-2003, 02:38 AM
FFX had a much drier sense of humor, it seemed.

Choice line:

Auron: "I hear you were quite the crybaby."

That is one of my all-time favorite lines in any FF.

Plus it would have been a bit out of place in a story about imminent death and father/son relationships to have just broad, slapsticky comedy. The darker touch to the humor was great. Made the whole thing a little more credible. (I'm replaying FF5 and forgot how much I hate the whole bug-eyed jumping-in-astonishment stuff that permeated the SNES-era games).

m4tt
03-13-2003, 08:33 AM
Kimahri - "Save some for Kimahri!" (Best quote from the game, yup)

Wakka's dopey insults "Those.. sand blasted.. GREASE MONKEYS!" or "Dissappear on us eh? Rotten sonofa Shoopuff!" :D

And when Rikku was freakin out on the thunderplains, that was good too.

Rye
03-15-2003, 12:22 PM
Lol "Your moms would be ashamed of you!" ^.^

I think Wakka, Rikku, Auron, and Tidus brought in the humor. Half the times Yuna ruined the humor. In the beggining she was good but then she was kinda depressing.

Sylrehy Ahkehaan
03-18-2003, 08:20 PM
oh, look at me I'm Yuna sensative whiny girlfriend of crybaby Brittany Spears...I mean...Tidus O.o

I had this odd feeling throughout the game that Auron didn't seem to say anything to what he actually wanted to say lol I'm sure he is just a perved old man...

Moomba Misstress
03-19-2003, 12:19 AM
I found that alot of the things they said at the beginning of battle were funny, either that or they were kinda tacky,er corny...:fd:

Rye
03-19-2003, 02:37 PM
Lol yup!

*Tidus Voice* "Don't break a bone old man!"

*Auron Voice* "Hmp."

Yeah the things Yuna says in Omega ruins during battles are really annoying thought. Its like...

*Yuna Voice* *Pants* "I'm Here!"

diablos uNo
03-22-2003, 11:21 AM
i found it funny when wakka cracked luzzu at the end of mushroom rock road and the way he always use to bully tidus n get him in headlocks etc

Rye
03-22-2003, 01:34 PM
Lol yeah like... "Hold you chocobos!" *headlocks*

MJN SEIFER
04-30-2003, 09:04 PM
what about when Tidus Tells you about "Macarena Temple"?

Sefie
05-01-2003, 05:59 PM
I liked ~
"You with a woman? You can't even catch a ball!" - Jecht

"When I grow up, I want to be a blitzball!" - a kid in Kilika

Rye
05-01-2003, 08:35 PM
"When I grow up, I want to be a blitzball!" - a kid in Kilika

xD! Lol I'm not the only one who got that ^.^ I thought it was a glitch in the game at first @.@

Shlup
05-01-2003, 10:28 PM
I found the entire storyline to be hillarious.

the tortured one
05-01-2003, 11:52 PM
I liked it when you bring Wakka out to fight a behemoth and he says "how many steaks you think we'll get out of that one?"

The whole story you knew when you reached Zanarkand it was all over, someone was dying or going away. The only humor from what i saw was a humor with the end looming in the backround.

oh man, and who else clicked the mute button when Tidus was fake laughing? how friggin annoying.

Phreakz
05-02-2003, 01:09 PM
-Wakka-
"Son of a shoopuf":D

Auron-
08-11-2004, 08:59 PM
what about this:

Jecht: uh hmmmmmm... whats a summer -ner?

Auron-
08-12-2004, 05:52 AM
This time were gonna win! ya......

Aerio
08-12-2004, 08:53 AM
uhhh When Yuna falls in the final CG...my sister and I laugh at that and she doesn't even play Vid games...Yuna just kinda sits there like "uhh...heh no one saw that" for five minutes then gets up and is to embarrased to look back :P but thats just what it seems like :) supose to be she's all sad.

Leeza
08-12-2004, 04:06 PM
Old thread revival = not good.