PDA

View Full Version : Election Primary?

edczxcvbnm
03-10-2003, 06:14 PM
Instead of having 356 different parties this election just because people want to be the president and lead the party how about we have just 3 or 4 parties and then those parties have a primary to see who will run for president. I think it would be interesting that way because there seem to be just too many parties eventually.

I just don't want to see people and Newbies making all sorts of crazy parties and cluttering the board...again.

Del Murder
03-10-2003, 06:32 PM
That happened last time? As I recall, there were only 6-7 parties. Is that too many?

Anyway, I agree that the number of parties shouldn't get too big. I seem to remember that your party has to have at least 10 members to be recognized in the first place. That should be a good enough requirement.

edczxcvbnm
03-10-2003, 06:40 PM
I also think the Primary would be cool because the election thing has always lasted a month and about after 2 weeks people lose interest. So around then have the primary to keep interest.

Also 6-7 parties is too much!

eestlinc
03-10-2003, 06:49 PM
regardless of the existence of primaries, the election actually needs to make sense. Each party should nominate members for various forums. We can then vote by forum for our selection. Then, the party with the most forum representatives gets the general chat presidency.

edczxcvbnm
03-10-2003, 06:54 PM
We should just make up 3 or 4 basic parties and give guide lines as to what the party represents then people can join based on what they believe and not who started it.

eestlinc
03-10-2003, 06:55 PM
the point of this is the fun making parties and arguing and if we just make a list of parties and their opinions, that's no fun.

edczxcvbnm
03-10-2003, 06:59 PM
No way. There is order to the argueing(what argueing anyways? There has never been a debate thread or anything like that).

The only thing I actually care about is the lesser amount of Election threads.

eestlinc
03-10-2003, 07:17 PM
you coudl always renew your general chat boycott during the election, ed.

edczxcvbnm
03-10-2003, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by eestlinc
you coudl always renew your general chat boycott during the election, ed.

Not another thread :P That only make the situation worse...unless you mean not go to General Chat all together which is impossible for me(Eyes on YOU).

eestlinc
03-10-2003, 07:50 PM
at least Eyes on YOU is stickied to the top.

Leeza
03-10-2003, 09:42 PM
The elections just won't be as much fun if they're <i>too</i> organized.

Citizen Bleys
03-10-2003, 11:06 PM
It's all up to Sakura Yume; If she decides that there are only going to be two parties, the Moron Party and the Bonehead Party, then all of these threads in General Chat are nothing more than empty posturing and will probably be closed. It's not really up to the staff, and I don't even know if Tammy reads the Feedback forum, so your best bet would be to contact her via AIM or PM or something.

I like the idea of having a minimum membership requirement for official party status, though.

Mr. Graves
03-10-2003, 11:26 PM
When is she deciding??

eestlinc
03-10-2003, 11:48 PM
If we can't form our own parties then there is no point.

Del Murder
03-11-2003, 12:04 AM
I agree, the whole point of the elections is to make crazy party threads and spam up the opposition threads. And create second accounts to confuse the member population. Yay!

HOOTERS
03-11-2003, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by edczxcvbnm
Instead of having 356 different parties this election just because people want to be the president and lead the party how about we have just 3 or 4 parties

Yeah but what if those 3 or 4 parties all suck and you dont want to join any? Surely the more people involved, the better.

The Man
03-11-2003, 01:27 AM
Maybe there could be a temporary Election Forum, although I'm typically opposed to the idea of cluttering up a message board with too many fora (yes I know this is in distinct contrast with the appearance of FG, but stfu).

Subforums, by the way, are reprehensible. Everything should be easily accessible from the main page via a single click.

Citizen Bleys
03-11-2003, 11:58 AM
O_O I was making a left-field example, not suggesting that the election would be limited to the Moron and the Idiot parties. I should take this opportunity to point out that I am not Tammy. I have a penis.

Burtsplurt
03-11-2003, 05:10 PM
I think a minimum number of members for a party to be recognised is definitely a good thing.

Originally posted by The Man
Subforums, by the way, are reprehensible. Everything should be easily accessible from the main page via a single click.

You can always put a link to the subforum on the main page.

The Man
03-11-2003, 05:49 PM
True. I'd like them to do that with the other subfora they have here, actually. I might visit the Poet's Corner more often if it were less than two mouse clicks away from the main page.

Citizen Bleys
03-11-2003, 06:23 PM
lazy ass

eestlinc
03-11-2003, 07:30 PM
I'm sure frontpage access to the poet's corner would immensly increase its traffic.

Spatvark
03-11-2003, 08:33 PM
Stick a link to the subforum in the Writer's Corner description =P

Election Booth
03-14-2003, 04:57 AM
<font color=#AFEEEE>You have a penis Bleys? OMFG! Er... O=)

The rules state you must have at least 4 candidates (therefore at least 4 members) to be qualified. Those were the rules set last year though perhaps that needs to be increased to account for forum growth over the past year. *boots it up to 7*

Last year's parties:

The Newbie Party
Goatsecs
International Penguins
Phucking Pharty
Incandescent Bananas
Kawaii Funness
Something to do with Tentacle Raping started by Kishi. 0.-
8 bit theatre (I think)

Total of about 8 if I recalled correctly. So far this year, there are also 8. Maximum shall be set at 10.

Btw, anyone who wants to contact me, leave an offline message on Y!M, screen name: sakurakage or email me kageyume@hotmail.com and I'll get back to ya.