PDA

View Full Version : Agrias Isn't a Team Player

Paladin
03-14-2003, 08:46 AM
Everything was going well. I had gotten to the 2nd chapter on my 2nd time through FFT and I thought I could take on the world. As I get to Zerekile Falls my fortunes are still high as Gafgarion the Time Mage dies in one hit! As I sit there with Ramza on Boco, waiting to kill the soldier near me, Agrias decides that it'd be a good idea to attack Ramza with Stasis Sword to hit the enemy. It doesn't really damage him much so I brush it off. As I get to the Fort Town (can't remember it's name) I'm having a little trouble getting my knight over the wall so I attempt to go through the door way until an archer walks through and fires at her. Agrias, being the quick thinker that she is, attacks my knight in order to attack the archer and by doing so Stops my knight! Agrias didn't do this on my first game as I recall but now she seems obsessed with taking me out too. Any ideas? Similiar experiences? It's rather annoying. :mad:

chadmonkey
03-14-2003, 06:44 PM
Lucky you. I haven't had any experiences like that. I've always found that the npc's make it a point to stay out of your way, if they're not hiding in the corner during the battle. Of course you could always just kill Agrias at the start of battle and then you don't have to worry about her.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
03-14-2003, 07:08 PM
I say....Stay out of HER way....That would work.

Paladin
03-14-2003, 07:26 PM
I thought it might have been something I did like answering a question wrong but oh well. I finally got past the fort by having everyone equipped with the shoes that help you jump (I'm really off the ball on names of stuff...) and a little brain power on Mustadio's part! Agrias is being the angel I remember (and I'd think so considering I'm controlling her) and really helped at the execution site. It's amazing what you can do with 2 monks, stasis sword, a suicidal Red Chocobo, and a suicidal White Mage with Holy! If no one else has any comments on Agrias's mood swings I guess this topic is done for now...

Pancaek
03-14-2003, 10:54 PM
I find that Agrias never does much of anything constructive. She'll just walk one or two spaces and occasionally uses Stasis Sword on someone. When she does, she doesn't often worry about other people being in the way. I guess it's probably something in the programming if we both have this problem. The computer probably doesn't regard the outside squares of Stasis Sword as being valid targets.

Edgar
03-21-2003, 03:56 AM
She thinks that you are too powerful and decides to par you up in the battle :D

GoldenAsura88
03-22-2003, 10:43 PM
During Goblin Forest, I was trying to save Boco. Agrias Attack a goblin with stasis Sword and Ramza was right next to it...oww. Also, WHen I was fighting Weigraf at the windmill, I checked the chocobo's name and it was Boco. Did anyone else have that thing? Boco Attacking you?

Tom &/or Marsh
03-23-2003, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by GoldenAsura88
During Goblin Forest, I was trying to save Boco. Agrias Attack a goblin with stasis Sword and Ramza was right next to it...oww. Also, WHen I was fighting Weigraf at the windmill, I checked the chocobo's name and it was Boco. Did anyone else have that thing? Boco Attacking you?

Yes, I also noticed that in the Wiegraf Windmill battle the chocobo is indeed Boco. wierd ain't it? Might explain why Boco was being attacked by goblins- either his party ran off without him or goblins don't like domesticated chocobo's.

I had no problem with agrias... my agrias was weak as heck, anyways. NPC's always are.

chadmonkey
03-24-2003, 03:34 PM
If Agrias is that much of a pain you can always change her class to a weaker one or you can just equip her with a pathetic weapon.

Tom &/or Marsh
03-24-2003, 11:46 PM
Take away her Holy swordsman class... or her sword

Night_Sword
03-29-2003, 02:44 AM
Yeah, Agrias AI has her set to do damage to the target at any cost probably because NPC AI is different then the other types and they messed up and made her overly aggressive.

EveningCross
04-20-2003, 04:36 PM
I know that this post has been here for a while but I just wanted to reply to it because it made me laugh hysterically. This being because I can relate. It's almost like she tries to make sure one of your people is in the way before she'll do anything. And I haven't just had this problem with her. Gafgarion has had a little meanstreak from time to time towards the beginning of the game before (as though he couldn't just attack some other way). Needless to say, they are definitely NOT team players

Empathy
04-20-2003, 07:53 PM
I never had this problem, but then again I was level 60 before I even got Agrias or Mustadio. :giggle: And I took their equip (which at that time was godly) and put it on Ramza. Boyashaka.

bennator
04-22-2003, 01:19 AM
I never had this problem, but then again I was level 60 before I even got Agrias or Mustadio. :giggle: And I took their equip (which at that time was godly) and put it on Ramza. Boyashaka.

But that takes all pf the fun out of the game.

One way to avoid the problem is to hide while Guests charge forward, do whatever damage, and then get killed.

gotenks_2322
04-22-2003, 01:46 AM
i dont think iv ever had this problem, then again my team is usually ranged attackers(archers,magicians). If i did have a physical attacker it was a ninja with equip sword. I wouldve used a knight with two swords,but i dont like their basw movement and speed.Also ninjas could throw things. throwing rune blades can do some heavy damage.Also when in random fights, you could use those elemental balls that are the monsters' weaknesses and have 1 hit kills.

Iori
05-11-2003, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by Empathy

you either really suck or your obsessed with not having any fun, or challenging fights.. i made it to velius at 48.. and havent had to lvl up much outside of quests untill now

Ferril Shadow
05-23-2003, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Vevictis Asmadi
you either really suck or your obsessed with not having any fun, or challenging fights.. i made it to velius at 48.. and havent had to lvl up much outside of quests untill now
I agree I only job leveled up to get the combinations I wanted, I made it all the way to the Holy place before I even tought about level and I was at level 40 something. Now I have done the deep dungeon 20 time and everyone is a god (accept you can only fight the boss once there) :( But I have never had the Agris problem, I think she is pretty tight, But now I am working on Beowolf.