PDA

View Full Version : The Black Mages?

Blackmage
03-14-2003, 06:32 PM
So, anyone gotten it yet that can tell me if it's worth buying? It sounds like a good idea, but I'd like some opinions before purchasing, you know?

Nephiliam
03-15-2003, 03:12 PM
I haven't got it, and I might never get it, but.. if I download any mp3s from it, I will be sure to tell you how it is. :) Either by in here or pm! ^_^

Bulldog
03-18-2003, 08:41 PM
I thinks it's good, though it really depends on your taste. A lot of 'rockinized' music it is.
Tsuyoshi Sekito and Kenichiro Fukui did a good job. I wouldn't spend my money on it though. Not really worth my money.

Kurohime
05-02-2003, 05:39 AM
Oo! Actuallly, I think if you liked the samples that they put out on the Nobuo Uyematsu website, you'll really like the rest of the CD. :) I managed to pick it up from an import store here and it's terrific driving music! Heehee.

If you didn't like the samples, though... chances are you'll be wasting your money.

My particular favorites are Kefka's Theme, Those Who Fight Further, and the Seymour Battle.

Nimrook
05-10-2003, 12:06 AM
I've heard most of the album on mp3, and I have a mixed opinion on it really. I think some of it is absolutely brilliant (Clash on the Big Bridge [Battle with Gilgamesh from FF5] and Terra in Black [Terra's Theme from FF6]). I would definitely recommend those at least. I quite liked the Force Your Way (FF8 boss battle music) remix pretty much aswell, but then I can't really say I liked the J-E-N-O-V-A or Fight with Seymour ones at all, the originals were better for those IMO.

Still definitely worth a listen, but I'd recommend you get some mp3's rather than buying. ;) :aimangel:

crono_logical
05-10-2003, 04:32 AM
I think it's a nice CD - some tracks remixed sound pretty nice in this rock heavy metal style music, though some work better than others.

What track number is Terra in Black? I see quite a few FF6 themes (boss, battle, and Dancing Mad themes), but none being Terra's specifically (the world map theme for World of Balance). Looking at the CD, the whole thing appears to be battle tracks anyway, so I'm not sure which one you might be referring to.

Jowy
05-16-2003, 09:13 PM
Terra In Black is an OC ReMix, not a Black Mages track.

Garland
05-29-2003, 02:15 AM
Is there a place I can hear one of the songs on the Black Mages CD before buying it? I think the CD could either be very good or very bad - it depends on what sort of rock was used. I went to Nobuo's site, and it seems that the samples are gone. I don't have a file transfer program either. I don't even need an entire song, but just some exerpt of a track that's typical of the CD.

Bulldog
05-29-2003, 10:25 AM
http://www.elizar.com/reviews/tbm.htm

I haven't heard the sample myself.

Garland
05-29-2003, 08:32 PM
Wow, that's the most incredible thing I've ever heard. I placed my order.

m4tt
05-29-2003, 09:03 PM
50 bucks for 10 songs? I'll just download them. :|

Garland
05-29-2003, 09:10 PM
Yeah, that's a good idea too, but I figure that the more people that buy good cd's the more likely Square is to give them a wider release. I'm tired of having to get the good Square orchestrated remixes via import.

Blackmage
06-05-2003, 04:08 PM
Well, I was able to find a site that had The Black Mages for download. (Actually, it was a site that came up in another thread (http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=33825).) I must say that this disc totally rocks and that everyone should get it. :D

Teek
06-06-2003, 07:10 AM
You lame ones. I'm getting mine soon.

Garland
06-06-2003, 08:09 PM
Mine just came in the mail. It's great. I think FF1 Battle Scene is very well done. All of the others except Battle Scene FFII (it bears no resemblance to the original, which was a favorite of mine) and Kefka's battle theme (the synth voice instrument sounds worse than the choir on my own keyboard, sadly) are also top notch. I give the album an 8/10, since there are ten songs, and two stink.