PDA

View Full Version : Killing yourself

Strider
03-14-2003, 11:58 PM
Yes, I'm sure you all know what I mean. You go into a battle and you're doin' well and then. . .

Something happens. Something really bad happens.

You end up killing yourself through some sheer force of fate. You don't like it, but you have to accept that you've just wiped your party out. Has that ever happened to you? If it has, what did you do? I know it's happened to me a few times in various ways, but I'll mention them as soon as I get some sort of response from all y'all.

wolfmah
03-15-2003, 03:24 AM
I don't remember killing my entire party but I know I have kill some few character by mistake. It often happen while casting a spell and I want to go to fast. The cursor flip over to my team right before I press the accept button and *Bang*, I do humongus damage to one of my character.

eestlinc
03-15-2003, 06:04 AM
once I forgot to equip my fire-absorb items and cast merton. w00t.

crono_logical
03-15-2003, 08:34 AM
I just hit the reverse button of the emulator a few times to rewind the game these days :p Shame it didn't exist when I last touched FF6 though xD

Heath
03-15-2003, 11:15 AM
You mean like Quake with No Gaia gear in a weak party?
Yes.

Strider
03-16-2003, 02:13 AM
Oh, that isn't anything compared to some of the things I've done.

I had Setzer in my party and I used the Slot option and ended up with 3 bars. "Sweet, I get an Esper," I thought. As it turned out, it called up Crusader and I got everything on the screen killed.

I've also used Cyan's SwordTech's to kill myself a couple of times. I was charging up to use Stunner and was about to let it loose when Cyan got muddled. Needless to say, he inflicted Stop onto everyone in my party along with 1000+ damage, and it was all downhill from there. . . I did the same thing with Cleave, too.

I've also had Setzer muddled when he was equipped with Fixed Dice. It dealt enough damage to each person to kill them all.

I'm sure I've done more, too. . .

bennator
03-16-2003, 04:04 AM
Emberassingly enough, I lost to Whelk once, I cued up three attacks on the head, but it dissapeared before they went through, ate 3 megavolts and died.

HOOTERS
03-16-2003, 02:12 PM
I had only Strago in my party in that cave where you fight Hidon. I spent ages gathering coral and then as soon as I got into the battle with Hidon I double cast bolt3 on him and his minions and found that one of them had reflect on. I hadn't saved the game either.

chadmonkey
03-17-2003, 08:06 PM
I was pretty cocky in my magic abilities and I opened the treasure chest in Umaro's cave that has the three Pug Masters(I think). Anyway, I had everyone cast a spell on all three of them and before I could stop myself I was a nasty retaliation in the form of 12 pearls. Ouch. (I hadn't saved recently either, big bummer):(

DocFrance
03-18-2003, 06:02 PM
My most embarassing (and often amusing) moments usually involve a combination of 'Confuse', 'Berserk', 'Reflect', Umaro, Gogo, and Gau. Bad stuff happens.

Edgar
03-21-2003, 02:57 AM
I know.

MERTON!

or

CRUSADER!

The whole party died.:mog:

PowerOfK
03-22-2003, 06:50 AM
Well, hey... I'm new here, but I remember that game. Don't ever remember being the reason my party died, though. On the other hand, I DO remember my "god" party getting stomped on by annoying Brachosaurs, though. Annoying Ultima final attack move!

o_O
03-25-2003, 09:59 AM
My first time through, I got WWind in Kefka's Tower. I tried it out in a battle with and Evil Oscar, a Vectaur and a Behemoth. Of course, the Behemoth used Meteor the turn after my WWind, and I died while trying to figure out why my characters were all near-death. Smart, huh? :D

BobDarkavenger
03-25-2003, 10:04 AM
I accidently cast Ultima on my party once. My finger slipped.

qin
03-25-2003, 02:31 PM
are you sure you can cast ultima on yourself?

Psychotic
03-25-2003, 06:39 PM
I had an annoying habit of casting reflect on all my chars, and then using Cure 3 later on. *winces*

BobDarkavenger
03-26-2003, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by qin
are you sure you can cast ultima on yourself?

Can you not? I remember casting something strong on my party; perhaps it was something else though.

Yoshimitsu
04-13-2003, 04:24 AM
I can top you all... During a heated battle against Atma weapon for the second time, I had to quickly heal edgar before atma could do anything. So I threw a healing rod at edgar with shadow instead of using the healing rod.

:p

chadmonkey
04-14-2003, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Yoshimitsu
I can top you all... During a heated battle against Atma weapon for the second time, I had to quickly heal edgar before atma could do anything. So I threw a healing rod at edgar with shadow instead of using the healing rod.

:p

That's about the same as the rest of us...

Dignified Pauper
05-07-2003, 03:18 AM
If you use three magicite (as in the item) crusader is summoned... i killed myself a lot.

Edgar
05-15-2003, 05:30 AM
I remember my first 2 tries on FFVI, where I put Terra and Celes together (they use magic most often)

Terra would start to cast some godly magic when a sudden 'clinck' from Celes drove me mad. And this when on for a long time because of bad anticipations (or maybe AI cheated :p)

Never put Celes and another magic user in your party.:rolleyes2

Advent Child
05-18-2003, 07:10 PM
i ALWAYS step on (and pull out) the power cord the first time I enter doma. it's not killing myself but it's a pain in the arse!

Christmas
05-11-2022, 11:40 AM
I like slashing my party members for no particular reason. I just like watching carnage and bloodshed at its best. :bigsmile: